Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
The Spider (Dynamite Entertainment) Options
wpmcclure
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 5:15:37 PM

Groups: Member

I've been reading The Spider series that recently started and was wondering if anyone else was enjoying this series as much as me? Been reading a lot about this series on various forums and have determined that it seems to be a love/hate relationship. Either you love it because it's a guy with no superhero powers but a go-getter attitude with resources fighting crazy odds and being dumped in unimaginable scenarios or you hate it because the licensing for this has been given to multiple publishers (aka Moonstone and DE) and it’s set in present NYC not in the 30's.

I have this comic digitally and collected some of the variants and for some reason this is an awesome comic because the coloring is simply amazing. It's a bit hard to explain but reading on my iPad the whites and blacks really pop. Looking at the print they again really pop as well. I thought it would be hard to read because the color scheme is so dark. But the panels flow and the whites and reds really do a great job in segregating each scene.

I know this isn't batman and I know this type of comic has been done before but if you first look at the original and compare to the current, I think it is a refreshing take on the character. I also like the character interactions, everything is setup for you by good writing and it's not lost in translation as you flip through the pages. And did I tell you it sucks you in...well, it did for me.

Any ways, I looked at the recent upcoming issues for this series and see The Shadow and The Masks, but after #6 in this series I don't see a #7 issue. #6 is the start of a new story arc...can anybody confirm they are continuing after #6 for me? Would appreciate it, thanks!

dunleavy75
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 10:11:13 PM

Groups: Member

I've been enjoying this book too and noticed the lack of a solicit. I hit up David Liss on Twitter, and he was cryptic, but indicated it will continue after the crossover.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse