Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
HEY EVERYBODY - SOME RECOMMENDING FOR ME? Options
andychrist612
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 12:38:03 AM

Groups: Member

Hi,

I'm Andy, and I'm super new here. I have just started getting into comics, I used to collect the Mirage TMNT series, and collected every vol.1 issue. Collected The Invisibles, Amazing Spider-Man, but I never really had the OCD comic collector attitude, and then, I found my old boxes of them last year, pulled them out, and fell in love all over again, so I've started to expand my reading, tried some Batman, LOVE the Snyder run so far. Started the Guardians Of The Galaxy a few months back, and now Rocket Raccoon is my favorite character by far, and I'm looking for some new stuff to read. I love the new Nova, anything from DnA really, but can you guys recommend some titles that have action, but keep the comedy real sarcastic? GOTG is the perfect series to me, and after reading the new Avengers Assemble and seeing GOTG coming back, plus the film coming, you'd think that they will be getting their new series.

I am no expert and expect I may ask many stupid questions, but I promise that I will never make any assumption about things, so please help me out if I need it. Thanks everybody!!

ROCKET RACCOON KEEPS IT GULLY.

andychrist612
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 12:40:32 AM

I really want to know what other titles I could look into, I have a TB of digital comics that my friends gave me, so I may have plenty of the titles you may recommend, and if you use any p2p networks, I share.

Thanks again yall'...

Shadowdodger
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 1:16:55 AM

Not sure how you feel about DC but they re-launched almost their entire universe about a year ago. You can find many of the first issues right here on CCL. I was never a "DC guy" until last year. Now I'm reading Aquaman, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Nightwing and Teen Titans.

I'm also a big fan of Thief of Thieves, Think Tank, the new TMNT series from IDW and I wouldn't be a proper Transformers fan if I didn't at least mention them. The Walking Dead is a great series to pick up in TPB form.

Welcome to CCL, Andy. And welcome back to comics!

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
Jim
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 1:29:06 AM

Welcome to CCL Andy!

If you're into cosmic stuff then I'd have to recommend the DC Green Lantern series. It's my personal favorite and since I'm also a fan of Guardians of the Galaxy so I think they'd probably be a great fit for you too!
comicuniversity
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 4:36:28 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

andychrist612 wrote:
Hi,

I'm Andy, and I'm super new here. I have just started getting into comics, I used to collect the Mirage TMNT series, and collected every vol.1 issue. Collected The Invisibles, Amazing Spider-Man, but I never really had the OCD comic collector attitude, and then, I found my old boxes of them last year, pulled them out, and fell in love all over again, so I've started to expand my reading, tried some Batman, LOVE the Snyder run so far. Started the Guardians Of The Galaxy a few months back, and now Rocket Raccoon is my favorite character by far, and I'm looking for some new stuff to read. I love the new Nova, anything from DnA really, but can you guys recommend some titles that have action, but keep the comedy real sarcastic? GOTG is the perfect series to me, and after reading the new Avengers Assemble and seeing GOTG coming back, plus the film coming, you'd think that they will be getting their new series.

I am no expert and expect I may ask many stupid questions, but I promise that I will never make any assumption about things, so please help me out if I need it. Thanks everybody!!

My first thought here was "Transmetropolitan". extraordinarily sarcastic. Thin on the action though.

Kirkman's other titles might be to your liking. Maybe try Astounding Wolf-Man, Invincible or his run on Marvel Team-Up.
andychrist612
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 6:59:12 PM

Everybody I know has been telling me Hypernaturals will be for me. I suppose Dan and Andy doing that would be really to my liking. Thank You to everybody for being so warm and helpful. I just started to explore this whole world, and I'm just scratching the surface. I tried some new 52 Batman after I went through all of my Mirage TMNT and the Akira series. Batman is cool, but I just find it so dry, I really do like Scott Snyder's stories, but Grant Morrison really made me want to get into it, but Batman is SO dry and little on the humor. I know Spider-Man will be a whole new world that I may really like, I just have no idea or direction of where to start. One thing that makes this extremely difficult is my ultra-obsessive pattern of thinking, I started collecting .CBR and .CBZ files, and I'd guess I must have 800-900GB to a TB of comics I have never read or even looked into, and I'm trying to break out of my collector mindstate. Having digital comics is cool, but I love bending the pages and feeling the texture of the printing, thats what makes me feel like a 8 year old kid at the convenience store. I cannot believe how powerful and deep this whole experience has become, I was really into the occult for a long time, and seeing all these different aspects and influences and been awesome and as I said wholly overwhelming. I really hope I can soak up this community and fit in, I suppose it may take a while to find what I really like and what I want to get into, but I feel blessed with this whole new world, and as I said, thank you to everyone!!

nomedami
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:09:04 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

I also just started getting back into comics. I collected turtles back in the day and the series that is idw from 2011 to current has been good. Also reading dark avengers.
comicfan17blue
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:39:00 AM

Here is a link from empire online that as link states 30 different comic titles you should read. Some are not traditional comics.

http://www.empireonline.com/features/30-comic-books-you-should-have-read/p1

Personally, I have enjoyed reading Chew, The Boys, Walking Dead, Invincible, Incorruptible, Irredeemable, Skullkickers, Powers, Proof and Morning Glories. I have also picked up a bunch of new Image titles and will update after i get a chance to read them.
AgentNasty411
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:36:49 AM

Rocket Racoon is rad. I got Hulk 241 if I recall correctly, Marvel Superheroes 15 and Iron Man cgc when the movie was just a rumor. Payday!
AgentNasty411
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:37:29 AM

*Iron Man 55
AgentNasty411
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:18:42 AM

I will illustrate my advice by series and issues. New Mutants 87 98. Rest is penny filler. Ms Marvel 18, 1 has potential. Catch my drift? My Hulk collection is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 180, 181. Why waste space?
AgentNasty411
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:19:51 AM

And Hulk 241 for dat coon who is a sure bet
dunleavy75
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:59:01 PM

Definitely buy the entire run of Guardians from a couple years back. I didn't care for Hypernaturals though. Too boring compared to other DnA stuff in my opinion.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:27:20 PM

AgentNasty411 wrote:
Why waste space?

Cause some of us on here are actual comic collectors.We enjoy the characters and reading about them.Making money off our comics is the last thing on our minds.

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:09:36 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

For some great cosmic stuff, check out these books/characters:

DC Comics:
-Green Lantern
-Green Lantern Corps

Marvel Comics:
-Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Nova
-Quasar