Welcome Guest Active Topics
ComicReaderBatman
Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:38:49 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: Conneticut
Joined: 8/27/2012 | Posts: 315 | Points: 1,230
Quote:
Hey Oakman--do you have any of the Marvel 30 or 35 cent price variants from the 70's in your collection?

Is this what you were talking about.



I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
Thundercron
Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:52:52 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Redland, Oregon
Joined: 9/14/2008 | Posts: 3,305 | Points: 38,605
Shop at My Store
No those are all reg'lar thirty centers. I have special shelves in my store where you can see examples. I'll post some pics here when I get home....

oakman29
Thursday, October 04, 2012 7:15:16 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Location: Anaheim Hills,California
Joined: 1/30/2007 | Posts: 2,213 | Points: 6,530
Thundercron wrote:
Hey Oakman--do you have any of the Marvel 30 or 35 cent price variants from the 70's in your collection?

No,never really was a price variant collector.Though I guess I wouldn't mind an Iron Fist #14 .35 cent variant.
"You want me to trade you my comic for small rectangular sheets of green paper with the images of dead white men?"

Thundercron
Friday, October 05, 2012 2:52:15 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Redland, Oregon
Joined: 9/14/2008 | Posts: 3,305 | Points: 38,605
Shop at My Store
oakman29 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
Hey Oakman--do you have any of the Marvel 30 or 35 cent price variants from the 70's in your collection?

No,never really was a price variant collector.Though I guess I wouldn't mind an Iron Fist #14 .35 cent variant.


Yeah, I wouldn't mind one, either.Daydreaming

Speaking of price variants, I've run across something strange in the database. To start, let me begin by saying that there have been long-time, old-school dealers who swear they remember seeing 25-cent Marvel price variants when the cover price was still 20 cents for Marvel books. Nobody has ever been able to confirm this. But check this out:



If you missed it, here's the normal version:



I'd REALLY like to know who submitted this and what the verification process was. If this is for real, this could be the fabled missing variant that a lot of people are looking for.
oakman29
Friday, October 05, 2012 10:19:28 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Location: Anaheim Hills,California
Joined: 1/30/2007 | Posts: 2,213 | Points: 6,530
Thundercron wrote:
oakman29 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
Hey Oakman--do you have any of the Marvel 30 or 35 cent price variants from the 70's in your collection?

No,never really was a price variant collector.Though I guess I wouldn't mind an Iron Fist #14 .35 cent variant.


Yeah, I wouldn't mind one, either.Daydreaming

Speaking of price variants, I've run across something strange in the database. To start, let me begin by saying that there have been long-time, old-school dealers who swear they remember seeing 25-cent Marvel price variants when the cover price was still 20 cents for Marvel books. Nobody has ever been able to confirm this. But check this out:



If you missed it, here's the normal version:



I'd REALLY like to know who submitted this and what the verification process was. If this is for real, this could be the fabled missing variant that a lot of people are looking for.

I've never heard of this price variant,looks to be faked.
"You want me to trade you my comic for small rectangular sheets of green paper with the images of dead white men?"

wickedcomics
Saturday, October 06, 2012 10:43:25 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 5/14/2011 | Posts: 1,433 | Points: 18,983
Found this in one of my FB albums

Top Row: Tales to Astonish #25 (1st Deathlok), Amazing Spider-Man #129 (1st Punisher), Amazing Spider-Man #69, Hawkman #1,2,3
Middle Row: Marvel Spotlight #1 (1st Red Wolf), Avengers #7, Incredible Hulk #181 (1st Wolverine), Amazing Spider-Man #50 (Iconic Cover/1st Kingpin), Conan the Barbarian #1, Sub Mariner #1, Space Ghost #1
Bottom Row: Super TV Heroes #1, Super TV Heroes #3, Marvel Spotlight #3 (1st Werewolf by Night)
wickedcomics
Saturday, October 06, 2012 10:51:49 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 5/14/2011 | Posts: 1,433 | Points: 18,983
Had no clue I had this up in Photobucket



You can see a Forever People #1 (1st Darkseid) and a Ghost Rider #8 in one of the boxes.
wickedcomics
Saturday, October 06, 2012 10:54:27 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 5/14/2011 | Posts: 1,433 | Points: 18,983
Another one found in Photobucket this isn't a comic (I actually have this comic) but my ex asked me what my favorite comic cover was. When I told her she got me this birthday cake.



Thundercron
Sunday, October 07, 2012 2:50:21 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Redland, Oregon
Joined: 9/14/2008 | Posts: 3,305 | Points: 38,605
Shop at My Store
That cake boggles my mind. Is that some sort of photo/picture on top of the cake or what?
ukblueky
Sunday, October 07, 2012 5:05:17 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Kentucky
Joined: 4/7/2007 | Posts: 4,235 | Points: 12,705
Wow,that is one sweet cake (no pun intended).I never dreamed you could get that done on a cake.I know what I'm asking for come next June.
wickedcomics
Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:15:58 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 5/14/2011 | Posts: 1,433 | Points: 18,983
Cake stores print them up with edible ink, the entire cake was edible. My ex was into all those cake shows (ace of cakes etc..) so she knew about that sort of stuff. While I don't know the exact science of how they do it, if you go to a cake store with an image and say you want it on a cake it'll look as realistic as the image.
ComicReaderBatman
Sunday, October 07, 2012 12:42:56 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: Conneticut
Joined: 8/27/2012 | Posts: 315 | Points: 1,230
Sweet cake right there.
I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
ComicReaderBatman
Monday, October 08, 2012 8:21:10 AM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: Conneticut
Joined: 8/27/2012 | Posts: 315 | Points: 1,230
New favorite of mine that I just got for $4. My scanner isn't working so this isn't my book.

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
frozilla
Monday, October 08, 2012 8:48:57 AM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Joined: 11/30/2011 | Posts: 360 | Points: 1,093
ComicReaderBatman wrote:
Sweet cake right there.


Literally.
Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
ComicReaderBatman
Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:14:00 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: Conneticut
Joined: 8/27/2012 | Posts: 315 | Points: 1,230
Anybody got an goals they completed or want to complete this year?

Me personally I still want some early Batman and Justice League books but i did get Justice League #44!Big Grin
I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
teh_longinator
Friday, October 12, 2012 4:47:34 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Joined: 9/1/2012 | Posts: 318 | Points: 954
ComicReaderBatman wrote:
Anybody got an goals they completed or want to complete this year?

Me personally I still want some early Batman and Justice League books but i did get Justice League #44!Big Grin


As of right now, my only collection goal is to fill some spots in my collection, and keep up-to date with moderns. My main mission is to get all the books laying around here into my CCL store :P
Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
BurningDoom
Friday, October 12, 2012 5:08:50 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
ComicReaderBatman wrote:
Anybody got an goals they completed or want to complete this year?

Me personally I still want some early Batman and Justice League books but i did get Justice League #44!Big Grin


Finish off my Geoff Johns JSA run which I'm so incredibly close too, but I gotta stop spending because Christmas is coming up.

I also want to finish off my John Byrne & Dan Jurgens runs of the Post-Crisis Superman books. Which I'm also pretty close to.

After that I'm going back to a loooonnnggg time ago focus and start buying up more 80s and 90s Spider-Man & Venom comics.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
wpmcclure
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:24:26 AM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: Washington
Joined: 7/28/2010 | Posts: 459 | Points: 4,356
wickedcomics wrote:
Another one found in Photobucket this isn't a comic (I actually have this comic) but my ex asked me what my favorite comic cover was. When I told her she got me this birthday cake.





Ahh...there is the pic of the awesome comic cake, it was wickedcomics. I love that cover, need to find it without having to donate a kidney. At Wits' End
AgentNasty411
Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:50:57 AM
Rank: Supporting Cast
Groups: Member
Joined: 10/18/2012 | Posts: 46 | Points: 138
Wow heavy hitters. In the last two years I began a serious collection with many of the above. Next target Hulk 1
AgentNasty411
Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:53:31 AM
Rank: Supporting Cast
Groups: Member
Joined: 10/18/2012 | Posts: 46 | Points: 138
Maybe I didn't scan slow enough but where are the up and comers? Iron Man 55 GOTG in MS 15 ect
Users browsing this topic
Guest
11 pages: First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.344 seconds.
(0.196 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231