Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Gap List/Cataloge on Android App Options
SirJeff
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:42:15 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Hey everyone,

I'm new to CCL and am just trying to get a hang of the ins and outs.
I was curious if there was an android App that allowed viewing of my current cataloge and or my missing issues (gaps).

It'd be super helpful to have a hand-held device that's linked to such an awesome software for on the go shopping and cons and stuff.

Thanks for all the help!

Sir Jeff
Jim
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:04:34 PM

Groups: Member

Hello Jeff,
I am the developer of the Android app. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently the app does not track your existing collection but it does track your wishlist issues or gaps in your collection. If you add issues to your wishlist via the website or your desktop software they will show up on your device so that you can reference it when at a convention or LCS.

I do have plans to include different views of your collection such as gaps in your collection that are not on your wishlist per se and also a view of your entire collection but I need to fix some other things on the back end before that can be possible.

Thanks again for your support and welcome to CCL!
Jim

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
MrBigFeathers
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 11:15:21 AM

Jim wrote:
I do have plans to include different views of your collection such as gaps in your collection that are not on your wishlist per se and also a view of your entire collection but I need to fix some other things on the back end before that can be possible.
Jim

Yay!!
teh_longinator
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2012 11:06:10 PM

Under "required equipment" it lists Windows Phones. Is this app available for android?

And how does it sync to your desktop app? Do you just import your backup file of the CCL program?

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
scotteaves
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 7:50:53 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

teh_longinator wrote:
Under "required equipment" it lists Windows Phones. Is this app available for android?

And how does it sync to your desktop app? Do you just import your backup file of the CCL program?

Can you point out where the "required equipment" lists Windows Phones? CCL has 3 mobile apps - iPhone/iDevice, Android (in both Google Play and Amazon AppStore), and a Windows Phone version.

None of them currently sync your collection nor can you currently view your collection. You can view your Wishlist, New Releases, and the CCL database. (I'm not really sure about the feature set of the iPhone app but I think it does those 3 things.) Jim is working on making all of the database categories available to mobile apps - right now, only Comic Books are available.

All of the apps are pretty much first generation apps, but full database access (categories other than Comic Books) and viewing/syncing your personal collection are on the list.

Check this thread for links to Android stores for the Android based app - http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=37421

teh_longinator
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 10:43:32 PM

Oh, my apologies. I might have been on the wrong page. I was up late when I was looking around at that :P

I'll look into it further. It would be great at conventions when I need to pick up fillers...

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 7:24:56 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

teh_longinator wrote:
Oh, my apologies. I might have been on the wrong page. I was up late when I was looking around at that :P

I'll look into it further. It would be great at conventions when I need to pick up fillers...

It's fine man. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't incorrect info posted somewhere!