Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
PGX Comics Site Gone? (Act 2 or 3 or something) Options
b0bafett
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:58:51 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

The only bad thing is pgx sells for alot less then a CGC one. So in the long run I think thats why more people use CGC
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 5:11:56 PM

Groups: Member

yeah probably... be cool to see how the grading of that venom #1 goes

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 5:13:42 PM

comicuniversity wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
well i still feel for the guy that screwed over by PGX on the TMNT #1 book lol

I have to preface this by saying I have NEVER bought a PGX book (although one is on my wishlist).

But.....Go watch that TMNT PGX video again, closely and tell me if you aren't at least the tiniest bit skeptical of that guy. It al seems, well, it seems staged.
eh... i dont know. it was funny hear how close to crying he came

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 5:37:55 PM

this guy pretty much says it for me... but if it makes people happy eh Eh?

freakdylan
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 9:09:33 PM

Personally I would never use PGX just on how they handled the TMNT #1 fiasco. They denied it happened then claimed the video was a hoax, then they just shut up all together about the situation when the guy posted the $740 check they gave the HOAX, lol.

I also would never use CGC because I don't believe someone else's eyes are better then mine. I see 9.8 then I dont need some guy in a room saying the same thing and charging me $60.

For people looking to flip books and make a profit it might be worth it if you dont mind waiting 6 months.

Now with that all said I buy tons and tons of PGX books when I can get them simply because they sell for a lot less then CGC and when I am looking for a particular high value spiderman comic I prefer knowing it was graded by someone other then the guy trying to take my money. So I will buy a NM comic slabbed by PGX then crack it and add to my collection.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 9:34:55 PM

SpidermanGeek wrote:
I still don't understand what makes any of these services reputable or credible. I could start my own business of slabbing comics, charge and arm and a leg to seal your book in a plastic case and put a fancy label on it which you'll believe makes it worth 10 times what it's supposedly does just because I told you it is.

Since I run it out of my basement and it's mail order only, I will replace your actual books with reprints and high quality scans and nobody will be the wiser until someone is brave enough to crack open my crappy cases.

i would only sale cgc/pgx books if it was profitable for me, refguardles of where they came from, there are people that buy graded stuff, it like dope it sells itself, if i dont push it some body else will, so it might as well be me, if you grade books and slab them and you offer service too id buy from you and resale too, we would both make money so let me know...im game

you can call it SMG - spider man geek grading services Ooh

My Why

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 9:50:22 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:

yeah that was cool info , like i said id only incorporate graded stuff either its gcg or pgx is if i could be profitable, i know a lot of dealers who just sale graded stuff and do real well, hey i want to do well too lol, but if it wasn't profitable or it doesn't do well id drop it like its hot...i myself have no graded stuff in my personal collection, not interested in buying that stuff, but i know there are a lot of people that do, i get asked all the time at shows if i have graded stuff...uh sorry no, and off the top of my head the only thing i would consider getting graded is my 1st 6 issues of the incredible hulk, but i probably wouldn't due to lack of trust on my end i don't care if its cgc or pgx nobody is getting those books! thats my heart!

My Why

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 9:51:29 PM

freakdylan wrote:
Personally I would never use PGX just on how they handled the TMNT #1 fiasco. They denied it happened then claimed the video was a hoax, then they just shut up all together about the situation when the guy posted the $740 check they gave the HOAX, lol.

I also would never use CGC because I don't believe someone else's eyes are better then mine. I see 9.8 then I dont need some guy in a room saying the same thing and charging me $60.

For people looking to flip books and make a profit it might be worth it if you dont mind waiting 6 months.

Now with that all said I buy tons and tons of PGX books when I can get them simply because they sell for a lot less then CGC and when I am looking for a particular high value spiderman comic I prefer knowing it was graded by someone other then the guy trying to take my money. So I will buy a NM comic slabbed by PGX then crack it and add to my collection.

good idea...especially for a tomb of dracula # 10 lol

My Why

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2012 11:37:02 AM

RBC_Distribution wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

yeah that was cool info , like i said id only incorporate graded stuff either its gcg or pgx is if i could be profitable, i know a lot of dealers who just sale graded stuff and do real well, hey i want to do well too lol, but if it wasn't profitable or it doesn't do well id drop it like its hot...i myself have no graded stuff in my personal collection, not interested in buying that stuff, but i know there are a lot of people that do, i get asked all the time at shows if i have graded stuff...uh sorry no, and off the top of my head the only thing i would consider getting graded is my 1st 6 issues of the incredible hulk, but i probably wouldn't due to lack of trust on my end i don't care if its cgc or pgx nobody is getting those books! thats my heart!
i dont blame ya. mailing that stuff off cross country is risky stuff.