Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Comic Book Men Options
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 2:59:14 PM

Groups: Member

Does anybody else watch this show. I love seeing the daily life of Jay and Silent Bob's comic book store. It's a funny show and its all about comics and toys!Big Grin

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 3:02:35 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I enjoy the show a lot, too.

But a lot of the stuff that happens is so obviously pre-planned like Dante from Clerks happening to come in and "agreeing" to help out Meng while he was running the shop alone.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 3:05:40 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
I enjoy the show a lot, too.

But a lot of the stuff that happens is so obviously pre-planned like Dante from Clerks coming in and "agreeing" to help out Meng while he was running the shop alone.

Haha Ya! A ton of that stuff is staged like the ghost busting thing! The best part of the show is when people come in with their stuff to sell like Iron Man #1 and Daredevil #1 like last episode.

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
Shogun684
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:45:32 PM

I also love this show but I do wish it was a 60 minutes not 30.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:01:09 PM

Shogun684 wrote:
I also love this show but I do wish it was a 60 minutes not 30.

Ya! The first season were 60 min shows. I don't know why they changed it!Angry

yourplace2
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 9:30:26 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I like the IN STORE part of it.

The gathering around the mic part, is just not doin it. That is for the benefit of the big guy, who can't be in the store.

They got cut to 30 mins shows to escape being chopped totally.
If they did a whole hour of IN STORE stuff, it would really take off.

I really like seeing the trading and purchases by REAL PEEPS in there, not just celebrities, popping in for some air time.

Most comic shop Men do not spend time being interviewed on a radio show.
If you want to have that as part of the show, have some collectors calling in for trivia, collecting questions about comics, instead of chumming and picking on each other.

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

4saken1
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 12:15:13 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I grdgingly watch it because it's the only show on TV (that I know of) that is about comics themselves. I somewhat enjoy it even though it is completely scripted.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 5:50:03 AM

yourplace2 wrote:

The gathering around the mic part, is just not doin it. That is for the benefit of the big guy, who can't be in the store.

I really like seeing the trading and purchases by REAL PEEPS in there, not just celebrities, popping in for some air time.

If you want to have that as part of the show, have some collectors calling in for trivia, collecting questions about comics, instead of chumming and picking on each other.

I agree. I love it when someone comes in and sells their comics!

The last pick was from episode 5 season 1 when a guy brought in a batman comic and i think a superman poster. I can't believe he put it in a frame. He should have had it sent to cgc or put in mylar.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 8:07:53 AM

i loved when the one guy came in with all the golden age comics his grandma gave him that were his grandpas... just awesome

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 10:08:02 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

yourplace2 wrote:

I'm a big fan of the SModcast Network. I listen to a lot of Kevin Smith's podcasts (SModcast, Hollywood Babble-On, Fatman on Batman, Jay and Silent Bob get old, etc.). It's just what he does now since retiring from filmaking.

So it's not a Radio Show that they are doing, they simply gather to record a podcast called "The Secret Stash". You can download the full podcast which ads a little extra to each episode of the show.

Like all reality shows of this type (pawn stars, etc.).. it's all staged to some degree. Either that or people are really dumb and never notice and comment about the camera crew in their faces when they walk up to the counter.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:22:12 PM

Quote:
I'm a big fan of the SModcast Network. I listen to a lot of Kevin Smith's podcasts (SModcast, Hollywood Babble-On, Fatman on Batman, Jay and Silent Bob get old, etc.). It's just what he does now since retiring from filmaking.

So it's not a Radio Show that they are doing, they simply gather to record a podcast called "The Secret Stash". You can download the full podcast which ads a little extra to each episode of the show.

Like all reality shows of this type (pawn stars, etc.).. it's all staged to some degree. Either that or people are really dumb and never notice and comment about the camera crew in their faces when they walk up to the counter.

I like the smod casts 2. My favorite is We Sell Comics.