Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Ghost Variant / Phantom Variants Options
comicfan17blue
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 3:23:09 AM
Groups: Member

So the new "Ghost" Variant was released today for Saga #7. You can checkout the cover in the library as added to CCL database. This the second "ghost" variant the first was the variant cover of Walking Dead 101. The ghost variant is limited to release by about ~10 comic shops and is only announced on the morning of the release. From what I have read the shops all have board members on the board of directors of ComicsPro. Thus, in revenge of this variant not being available to all ComicsPro member shops the phantom variant was released. All based on what I have read on other forums and comic news sites. Thus they are competing variants with the phantom variants being released by 20 comic shops. The phantom variants have included Bedlam #1, Deadpool now #1, Great Pacific #1, Fantastic Four now #1.

Thundercron
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 8:50:12 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Maybe it's because I've been up for 20+ hours, but.....I don't get it. ComicsPro board? Is this a mafia thing?
comicfan17blue
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 2:19:00 PM

Thundercron wrote:
Maybe it's because I've been up for 20+ hours, but.....I don't get it. ComicsPro board? Is this a mafia thing?

ComicsPro is a non-profit organization that is designed to be a resource to brick and mortar comic books shops. Thus, like any organization the have a board of directors. The brick and mortar comic shops that got the "ghost" variant supposedly all sit on the board of directors of ComicsPro, the guys who make organizational decisions.Thus based on what I have read only those ComicsPro board member stores got the "ghost" variant. That is why a few of the ComicsPro member stores, not on the board of directors, got together with other comics shops to create the "revenge" "phantom" variants.

Also the newest phantom variant is for Indestructible Hulk #1 and has a cover that pays homage to Incredible Hulk #1.
Xylob
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 2:43:17 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

conspiracies rock!

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
PCPaperbacks
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 12:01:08 PM

I picked saga #7 ghost variant up at my shop on Thursday! They announced they would have the variant on Wednesday when i got my comics. My shop is 5 minutes from work so i picked it up. I also got the WD101 ghost variant a month ago.

Quote:
"First is fine, but accuracy is everything." Wyatt Erp"