Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
A vs. X: Consequences #5 (Spoilers) Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 8:59:22 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

So, Cyclops is no longer in prison, the Phoenix 5 are no longer on the run, Magneto is a bad guy again, mutants are everywhere, and Cyclops is a self-righteous jerk. Alright then...we're back to the pre-2004 Marvel Universe as far as the mutants are concerned.

Oh, and does anyone else find it quite unappealing that Cyclops is the lone wanderer and Wolverine is the responsible one now? What the hell is happening to Marvel's biggest bad-ass?!

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
LordMikel
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:42:39 PM
Groups: Member

So what you are saying is I didn't miss much by skipping this mini series?
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 8:07:15 PM

wolverine has slowly been turning into a p!@#y over the years. i'm not surprised really. sucks though cuz i loved wolverine because he was B.A.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

kidlippy
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:42:18 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Marve's continuity of Wolverine doesn't make sense. In the AVX story and Wolverine and the X-Men, he's responsible. But in his own monthly title, he's the B.A.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

roguesquad
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:20:22 PM

Wolverine is an anomaly in the Marvel universe. Even the gurus over at www.uncannyxmen.net can't do a spotlight on him because his history is so convoluted.

But yeah.. I can't stand Wolverine nowadays.. I just read a comic book from the 80's with him smoking a cigar and talking all tough and I'm wondering to myself.. what the hell happened?

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
kidlippy
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:45:51 AM

roguesquad wrote:
Wolverine is an anomaly in the Marvel universe. Even the gurus over at www.uncannyxmen.net can't do a spotlight on him because his history is so convoluted.

But yeah.. I can't stand Wolverine nowadays.. I just read a comic book from the 80's with him smoking a cigar and talking all tough and I'm wondering to myself.. what the hell happened?

Does anyone in Marvel smoke anymore? I remember reading that Marvel stopped drawing people smoking. Kinda sucks if it's true.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:03:08 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

kidlippy wrote:
roguesquad wrote:

Does anyone in Marvel smoke anymore? I remember reading that Marvel stopped drawing people smoking. Kinda sucks if it's true.

J. Jonah Jameson?

I don't think I've EVER seen Pip the Troll or Howard the Duck without a cigar.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
roguesquad
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:06:04 PM

I thought I did read something about them not drawing the characters smoking anymore.. It makes sense that they don't. I know most of us are adults but there's got to be some kids reading these things.

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:00:32 PM

if my memory serves me right... i believe Joe Q banned their characters from smoking because his uncle or grandpa someone close to him at the time died of lung cancer and didn't want the MU characters portraying it as a glamorous habit.. i think its BS. Most comic readers now-a-days are grown people that can make their own personnel choices and most likely don't let some super hero in a comic dictate their habits. there are very few kids reading comics now. so yeah Joe Q is dumb IMO.

Bristow1
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:13:54 AM

Pip is missing his cigar in the latest X-Factor Nerd

Jeph Loeb Color Books = Tracing

Collector: Hey man. If somebody draws something
and then you draw the same thing right on top of it, not going out-side the designated original art, what do you call that!
Little kid:I don't know. Tracing?
Collector:(to Banky) See?
Banky: It's not tracing.
Collector: Oh, but it is.
Banky:(to Little Kid) Do you want your book signed or what?
Collector: Hey - don't get all testy with him
just because you have a problem with your station in life.
Banky: I'm secure with what I do.
Collector: Then say it - you're a tracer.
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:00:05 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The smoking thing is true. Although I thought the ruling came down way back in the late 1990s or something. Both The Thing and Wolverine stopped smoking cigars at the time.

On a side note to the anti-smoking thing: I remember when I bought Superman II--The Donner Cut (which sucked, but that's a subject for a different thread) the end credits had a new disclaimer basically saying that the director (Donner) does not condone the use of cigerettes or the wearing of fur (both of which were featured in the film), and the disclaimer basically condemns both things. Pretty unbelieveable. We've gotten so overly concerned with Political Correctness that a director feels the need to retroactively condemn something when a film is re-released on DVD, for fear of being the subject of a lashing by any number of special interest groups.
kidlippy
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:21:48 PM

The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:25:57 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

I skipped this mini series too. I hate that Wolverine is all responsible now. Him being all anti-authority, shoot first and ask questions later is what made me like the guy. The tension between Scott and Logan was great back in the 80's and I wish thats how it was today but nooooooo. Marvel already screwed up Spiderman with the Mephisto thing and it seems they never learn their lesson so they'll continue to screw up Wolverine. They wont listen to the readers because, though many complain about him, they will continue to buy any comic with Wolverine in it.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:09:30 AM

i love that a cool idea like avengers vs x-men turned out to be marvels down fall. i've never been so disappointed:( its cool they brought back the mutant gene but jesus!

kidlippy
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:53:54 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
i love that a cool idea like avengers vs x-men turned out to be marvels down fall. i've never been so disappointed:( its cool they brought back the mutant gene but jesus!

I think Marvel chickened out. I still believe that Marvel was going to do that "reboot" story with Hope and Scarlet Witch.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 6:52:34 PM

kidlippy wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

I think Marvel chickened out. I still believe that Marvel was going to do that "reboot" story with Hope and Scarlet Witch.
that would have worked. i would have actually bought that. now its this whole stupid avenger and x-men on everything. and this just came to mind... with peter parker dying... does that mean no more spidey as an avenger? i kinda miss ole spidey being an outlaw type.

kidlippy
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:40:43 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

that would have worked. i would have actually bought that. now its this whole stupid avenger and x-men on everything. and this just came to mind... with peter parker dying... does that mean no more spidey as an avenger? i kinda miss ole spidey being an outlaw type.

Spiderman is on the Avengers team in Marvel Now. So the question is which Spiderman is that Spiderman? Peter? Doc Ock?

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:44:50 PM

kidlippy wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

Spiderman is on the Avengers team in Marvel Now. So the question is which Spiderman is that Spiderman? Peter? Doc Ock?
good question... since marvel is all f!@ked up now i would bet that its still pete.

Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:10:02 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
if my memory serves me right... i believe Joe Q banned their characters from smoking because his uncle or grandpa someone close to him at the time died of lung cancer and didn't want the MU characters portraying it as a glamorous habit.. i think its BS. Most comic readers now-a-days are grown people that can make their own personnel choices and most likely don't let some super hero in a comic dictate their habits. there are very few kids reading comics now. so yeah Joe Q is dumb IMO.

I have to disagree. I think that, if Quesada did ban smoking from Marvel Comics, it was a very good idea.

Are most comic book readers adults who can make their own choices? Yes. Definitely. But a) that's a problem, and b) most people still believe that comic books are for children.

SO. Second problem first. Most people believe comic books are for children. How many times have you heard "When are you going to grow up and stop reading those comics?" I hear it ALL. THE. TIME.

Comic books have already been the subject of a witchhunt once -- Seduction of the Innocent? Downfall of EC Comics? Ring a bell? And with the over-sensetized society we live in -- with movies, tv shows and music being blamed for poor parenting skills and violent activity by today's youth, is it too much of a stretch to believe that comics could be next?

The next step? Some parent blaming Marvel because her idiot teenage child read a copy of X-Men, and saw "that Wolverine character" smoking, and decided to give himself lung cancer.

So, yeah. You might be an adult, who can make your own decisions about smoking, but parents are always looking for someone to blame because they haven't raised their children properly.

Now. Second point. Most of the people who read comics nowadays are adults. And that's a problem. If kids aren't reading comics as kids, who's going to be the next wave of adults to read comics?

So, the companies have to try to make their comics more accessable to a younger audience. Because of this, Wolverine isn't quite as kill-first-don't-bother-to-ask-questions-later type of guy, and more responsible. And he's quit smoking, because it sets a bad example for those few younger readers we DO have.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 2:20:59 AM

i'm not gonna debate the smoking BS in marvel comics. but if you wanna discus if the spidey in the avengers right now is pete or not i'm down.