Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Prophecy #1 Options
bovard
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 5:31:27 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Red Sonja, Vampirella, Dracula, and Sherlock Holmes?

...And a Mayan Prophecy!

Moving through time, Red Sonja in pursuit of her nemesis Kulan Gath, finds herself on a Mayan sacrificial altar fighting for her life. Then she is suddenly transported through time again only to encounter Vampirella and Dracula.

Oh, and in the mean time (in a completely different time), a call to 221 B Baker Street have Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson reporting to a crime scene in a London Museum, where it appears an ancient Mayan artifact has been stolen; a dagger to be exact, and a dead man remains on the floor.

So, when I saw Prophecy at my LCS, first I noticed Red Sonja on the cover, then Vampirella, then checked the creator credits and saw Ron Marz was scripting the book, and my interest was piqued.

Prophecy: Book One, has solid artwork and a well written story that has us jumping from one place in time to the next. My only complaint is it's a little short, at only 20 pages, and some of those are splash pages. Don't get me wrong, the splash pages are beautiful, and help move the story along, but overall it's a relatively short read, leaving the book feeling more like an appetizer than a meal.

Well, I'm still hungry. Bring on Prophecy: Book Two, and I will definitely be picking it up!

3.5 out of 5 stars

ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 7:37:18 PM

Groups: Member

I thought about getting this book but didnt know enough about to order it.I dont read any titles with the characters involved in this book but I saw Marz 's name on it and that drew my interest.Maybe I 'll check it out sometime.

dagma333
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:24:00 AM

So through the first 4 of 7, Purgatori has not appeared.
It bums me out.
They said Purgatory would be in this comic.....so I contacted Dynamite and they informed me that Purgatory is Purgatori (from Chaos Comics).

Its not a bad series, but the only reason I spent $$ to get it was because I was expecting Purgatori to be in it. Since she hasn't appeared in the first 4, I am beginning to wonder if she will at all (false advertising?).

I am sure they were banking on getting some of the die-hard cult-like following of the Ol' Chaos! Comics.

Anyone have any inside info from Dynamite if she will actually appear in this series....even if she dioes, with only 3 issues left, I feel a little cheated and bamboozled.
dagma333
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 1:12:17 PM

So the Prophecy from Dynamite is now complete.
And, as I feared Purgatori did not appear.

Boo to Dynamite for advertising her as a character, then not including her in the story, not one stinking panel.

Yeah they got my $$, but its because they advertised Purgatori would be in it. I contacted them, and asked if it was the old Chaos-Purgatoi(y), and they told me yes it was....

False advertising.
Boo to Dynamite.

They did turn Red Sonja into a vampire....if they end up using some Red Sonja alternate-universe clone (lame-o 90s type story) to create Purgatori.....I'll be even more disappointed.