Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What Are YOU Reading? Options
vinceclortho
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:18:21 AM

Groups: Member

Reading the collected Y: the Last Man GNs. Very good so far! Can't believe that I haven't ever picked this up.

How was Happy #2? I was on the fence about the first issue and couldn't decide whether or not to keep reading.

If your new to the Marvel War of Heroes app enter referral code muv861982 for a cool in-game card and reward.

Check out my Sporcle quiz! X-Men Past and Present

kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:00:02 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Happy #2 was ok, I really don't know what to make of it yet...I like Grant Morrison and love Darick Robertson's art...since it is only a 4 issue series I will probably stay with it...definitely not as good as Y the last Man, lol

I picked up Winter Soldier 1-11 for a buck a piece at LCS...so last night I read Winter Soldier 1-12, Cyber Force 1, Danger Club 4, and The Boys #1(I am just getting started on this series)!
frozilla
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:34:48 AM

My current favorite book is Manhattan Projects. This book is just so well put together, from the excellent "what if?" concept from Jonathan Hickman to the off-center yet stunning art from Nick Pitarra. It's on a slowed schedule and #7 just came out last week, though I believe it's supposed to be at least on #8 if not #9. Regardless, I'm eager to get each issue to see how the story is progressing..

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
kevscomics
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 6:36:36 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Yeah, I am digging MP too, having trouble remembering the previous issue when I get the current though...Will probably go back and read them all when they get to like 10 issues.

Yesterday/Last night I read
The Boys 2-6
Sam and Twitch 1-10
The Exterminators 1
KingZombie
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:31:58 PM

Wolverine: Enemy of the State

Fantastic story. Mark Millar is the best at taking characters and using them to their full potential. I'm just sorry I haven't read this sooner.
PilesOfComics
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:28:18 PM

I'm reading Astro City.

Just finished first series 1-6 and starting 1-22 now.

I'm really enjoying it, but just afraid its going to have trouble finding a direction after the city and people are fully introduced.

any opinions?

dunleavy75
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:03:39 PM

Just read this. Fantastic!
http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/19-677?page=1

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
RunRabbitRun
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:40:12 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Spawn 225: Obama wins!
outcast
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:48:51 PM
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host

PilesOfComics wrote:
I'm reading Astro City.

I'm really enjoying it, but just afraid its going to have trouble finding a direction after the city and people are fully introduced.

any opinions?

Astro City is a series with high aspirations, and by and large, its achievements live up to its aspirations. It got waaay off schedule in the late '90s, when writer Kurt Busiek was dealing with a health problem that made it difficult to write in the style and manner he had established for the series. Since you won't have to suffer through those publication delays, you may actually be in a position to enjoy it more than readers back then did (and some of us still enjoyed it a lot).

In some ways, the secret to AC's appeal is that it doesn't depend on having a "direction" (to use your word). What it has is a milieu and a broad cast of characters, and an ability to drop in on virtually any character in that milieu, and tell a compelling story.

I regard Astro City as the product of a singularly visionary comics creator (writer Kurt Busiek; not to slight the important contributions of artist Brent Anderson, and cover painter Alex Ross). I don't see anything standing in the way of Astro City being regarded for decades to come as an important and substantial work, highly regarded by fans and critics alike.
4saken1
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:31:41 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

outcast wrote:
PilesOfComics wrote:
I'm reading Astro City.

any opinions?

Astro City is a series with high aspirations, and by and large, its achievements live up to its aspirations. It got waaay off schedule in the late '90s, when writer Kurt Busiek was dealing with a health problem that made it difficult to write in the style and manner he had established for the series. Since you won't have to suffer through those publication delays, you may actually be in a position to enjoy it more than readers back then did (and some of us still enjoyed it a lot).

In some ways, the secret to AC's appeal is that it doesn't depend on having a "direction" (to use your word). What it has is a milieu and a broad cast of characters, and an ability to drop in on virtually any character in that milieu, and tell a compelling story.

I regard Astro City as the product of a singularly visionary comics creator (writer Kurt Busiek; not to slight the important contributions of artist Brent Anderson, and cover painter Alex Ross). I don't see anything standing in the way of Astro City being regarded for decades to come as an important and substantial work, highly regarded by fans and critics alike.

I just started rereading these. I kinda like the way a lot of the stories are self contained but there's always something going on peripheral to the main story. It's been a while since I read them and don't remember much, but I do recall enjoying them!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Mindfreak
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:26:51 PM

Doctor Who: The Forgotten

Jesus is the Son of God!

THE DARK KNIGHT LIVES!

As soon as I get my gun, Ima point it out the window toward the setting sun.

Werewolf67
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 10:48:44 AM

Deadpool #1 marvel now

Walking dead #93
PilesOfComics
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 7:18:13 PM

4saken1 wrote:
outcast wrote:
PilesOfComics wrote:
I'm reading Astro City.

any opinions?

I just started rereading these. I kinda like the way a lot of the stories are self contained but there's always something going on peripheral to the main story. It's been a while since I read them and don't remember much, but I do recall enjoying them!

Since I last posted I have gotten a little deeper into Astro City V2.

Wow, IMO these should be a must read for any comic reader.

The "Tarnished Angel" (issue #14-20) story arc is up there with the best story Arc I may have ever read.

I can't believe it took me this long to discover this Book.

I also just started reading Image's MAXX, enjoying that a great deal so far also.
dunleavy75
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 8:43:41 PM

Masks, BPRD, The Spider, Frankenstein Alive, Alive.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
Werewolf67
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 12:45:47 PM

New 52 detective comics #1
4saken1
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 12:54:31 PM

Shop at My Store

Finishing up the Devil's Due Forgotten Realms comics based on R.A. Salvatore's books. Getting ready to start John Byrne's Cold War.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

ImperialArm
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:40:38 PM

I just finished reading
Saga #8
Archer and Armstrong #5
Bloodshot #6
Deathstroke #15
Demon Knights #15
X-O Manowar # 8

And I'm all out of comics to read, didnt place an order for this week cause me and some friends are hitting all the comic shops in Albuquerque, before a buddy goes overseas.
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:40:33 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

New stuff as it comes out: Superman, Green Lantern, Booster Gold, Dark Tower, Supreme, various others.
"Old" stuff: still working through my recently 'completed' Booster Gold collection and recently started on The Walking Dead Compendium Vol #1.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
rayscomics101
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:42:52 PM

I'm reading:

Batman DOTF Nailbiting
IDW TMNT Applause
Hawkeye (2012) Cool

GREAT BOOKS!!!
4saken1
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:39:25 PM

Shop at My Store

Just started re-reading Star Wars: Dark Empire. It's the first series of the Dark Horse SW franchise and will be kicking me off on my reading of every Dark Horse Star Wars comic.....well, at least every regular release. I have most of the specials, too! At any rate, I'll be mixing these in with my 'new' comics, so I'll probably only get around to reading a couple a day. All-in-all, I figure it should probably take me at least until the beginning of 2014 to finish them. Whew!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping