Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Old-skool Gaming!!! Options
Mindfreak
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:40:36 AM

Groups: Member

Favorite games or systems for way back when ?

Lets hear it. Cool

Jesus is the Son of God!

THE DARK KNIGHT LIVES!

As soon as I get my gun, Ima point it out the window toward the setting sun.

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:42:57 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I'm all about the old-school gaming. I'm always on the hunt for new old games. I'm probably as much into old-school gaming as I am into comic books and metal music. I own a ton of old-school systems, because I am a collector including most of the Nintendo, Sega, Playstation, and Xbox systems with a couple oddities here and there.

Right now I'm in the middle of Breath of Fire 2 for SNES, and I'm gonna move on to Chrono Trigger for SNES after that. I also got nostalgic for Super Metroid on SNES after watching a Screwattack Top 10 video on YouTube, and I'm playing through that. But you can beat that game in just under 3 hours, so it's like a day or two playthrough only.

My top 5 systems:

1. NES - The system that made me fall in love with gaming. We did have an Atari 2600 before it that was my older sister's, but it never held my attention for long. The NES, though, with it's awesome sound and music, great graphics (compared to Atari 2600, that is), large explorable worlds, and game with a story and ending; was like digital crack for me. I couldn't get enough. And my mom was awesome enough to get me Legend of Zelda, TMNT, Star Soldier, and Pin-Bot as my first games (along with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cart that came with the NES, of course).

2. PS1 - I picked this system because it was the first system I played fully 3-D games on (other than a few here and there like Star Fox and Wolfenstein 3-D on SNES). At first I had to get used to the controls and camera while playing these game, but once I got past that learning curve I had a blast. And the PS1's game library is just amazing. Developers back then were really experimenting with different things which created a vastly varied library of games on the PS1.

3. SNES - I love the SNES because it took everything awesome about the NES and made it all better: Better graphics, better sound, bigger games, a better controller, and more reliable hardware (no more annoying screen-blinkies!). And it had a helluva game library.

4. Sega Genesis - I love the 16-bit era, and while I liked my SNES better, the Sega Genesis isn't far behind. This was when Sega was at it's peak, IMO, giving us a plethora of great first-party titles. Plus Sega had a lot of lesser-known third-party developers releasing games on the Genesis. Some were stinkers, but many of them were hidden gems and made the Genesis game library unique.

5. GBA - Preferably the awesome backlit SP model. This handheld is easily the best handheld of all-time, IMO. Great original games, ports of some of the best NES and SNES games, and it's backwards compatible with original Game Boy and GB Color games. Plus that sweet backlit screen really made those old Game Boy titles look a whole lot better.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ukblueky
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:26:34 PM

Some of the games I love from older systems
Blaster Master -NES
Secret Of Mana -SNES
Suikoden -PS1
Legendary Axe -Turbo Graffix 16
Bonk -Turbo Graffix 16
Ninja Gaiden -NES
Ducktales -NES
Resident Evil 2 -PS1

teh_longinator
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:48:13 PM

Well... SNES was basically my childhood. It's hard to say they've made many games that beat these in recent days... Game quality over graphic quality any day.

Then I'd have to say N64. Pod Racing and Mario Party anyone? And let's not forget the Smash Bros.

Then PS1, with all of it's awesome RPGs. Final Fantasy.

PS2. Devil May Cry and whatnot. :)

And then basically anything Game Boy. I'm a PokeBaby, what can I say?

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:40:12 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

I'm all about the Sega Genesis and Playstations.

My first Nintendo console was my Wii (and it's collecting dust). I've never had an NES, SNES, Gamecube or N64.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog