Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What are you collecting that you're NOT reading? Options
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:46:10 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Totally riffing on jamnloki's thread here, what books are you buying/collecting that you haven't or aren't reading?

I'm working on getting all of the original G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero books as well as G.I. Joe Special Missions and have the new ARAH on my pull list but haven't read any of the new books as I'm not done with my collection of the original stuff.
Same goes for the original Marvel Transformers books - I have Regeneration One on my pull list but haven't read any of 'em because I haven't gotten all the originals yet.

How about you?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
ImperialArm
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:54:58 PM
Groups: Member

I'm collecting the Hellblazer run and almost all the old school Valiant titles. I have alot of the Hellblazer but I'm waiting to read it and the Valiant stuff I had when I was young but my ex-wife sold it to be well an ex-wife. Other than that I am reading everything I'm collecting
Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:12:26 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Good topic.

I pretty much consider myself to be a dealer these days, but I still carry a torch for my old collecting habits. I still pick up anything Daredevil related, but haven't read any of them since around #90-something when Brubaker was writing it. The End of Days mini looks good; I may actually get to reading those.

Same goes for anything having to do with Power Pack, so I was getting FF and Avengers Academy (haven't read them).

Also love ROM. I hear the Age of Ultron has something to do with Spaceknights, so here's hoping for a ROM revival (Bendis is local, and once said at a show that ROM is the one character more than any other he'd love a crack at).

padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:21:30 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

It's finished now, but I collected the whole run of Uncanny X-Force (2010) but still haven't read about half the series.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Shadowdodger
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:57:31 PM

I'm working on pulling my Marvel G1 Transformers collection together. I'm about half-way there. Although I am reading Regeneration One.

Also, trying to get all of the Locke & Key books. I read the first series on my Kindle but haven't read anything else since.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
Grwurz
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:59:27 PM

I'm getting Chew right now, but not reading it. I have to catch up since I read the first 3 trades and nothing more. I have heard there is a big shocker in issue 30, but have kept myself from reading it so far!

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:50:22 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Last amazing spiderman book I read was 200ish range and been buying them since, just got in all the covers for ASM #700 and Superiors should be here any day. I stopped reading them and just collect. I keep busy reading the random one shots and GNs. Though I might start up with the superior cause I am really curious how he is going to turn this stupid octo/spidey around.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

roguesquad
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:21:48 PM

I just realized that Fatale from Image existed so I'm trying to get all the issues before I read them. Love the Brubaker/Phillips team.

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
puyaybusto
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:23:09 PM

Way toooo much

ukblueky
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:54:19 PM

Tons.
Savage Sword Of Conan,King Conan, Conan the King, Green Lantern (Hals original volume),Batman and Detective back issues, any book with Blade in it, plus many more.

PCPaperbacks
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:35:44 PM

All of the Marvel Now #1's, the Scotty Young Variants.

I am only collecting/reading All New X-Men by Bendis.
I pick up Deadpool Now, but my 11 year old reads that.

I was collecting, but not reading Fantastic Four until it ended for Marvel Now because that was the comic I first started reading as a kid... I don't think I have read, except for a few story arches, in years. but I decided to stop spending money on it to switch to Bendis X-men, which I really enjoy.

Quote:
"First is fine, but accuracy is everything." Wyatt Erp"

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:54:25 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Cerebus.

And yes, I'm a masochist.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:05:48 PM

I simply fail to understand why you'd buy a book, and not read it. Unless you bought one of those imprisoned books, and simply hadn't set it free yet.

I read every book I buy. If it's part of a series I haven't finished yet, I simply read it again when I've finished the series.
ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:23:52 PM

Tamwood wrote:
I simply fail to understand why you'd buy a book, and not read it. Unless you bought one of those imprisoned books, and simply hadn't set it free yet.

I read every book I buy. If it's part of a series I haven't finished yet, I simply read it again when I've finished the series.

I'm anal about reading a title in order.Plus it will take a few years to read all my back issues.

4saken1
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:31:46 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

ukblueky wrote:
Tamwood wrote:

I'm anal about reading a title in order.Plus it will take a few years to read all my back issues.

Me, too! I'm sitting on my Goon comics until I can get those last few early issues that I need. Other than that, there's a bunch of newer Image comics that I'm collecting that I just haven't gotten around to reading yet.....

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:34:05 PM

ukblueky wrote:
Tamwood wrote:

Ya know, I guess I can see that. But I also try to add as much information to the DB as possible ... so I just read everything so I can do credits and characters. :)