Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
OMAC vs O.M.A.C. Options
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:19:38 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

We have database character listings for OMAC (8 pages) and for O.M.A.C. (5 pages), not to mention O.M.A.C. Prime and O.M.A.C.(s).

The DC wikia page lists all the characters (Buddy Blank, Kevin Kho, Michael Costner) as OMAC without the periods. Can someone who's been around DC a little longer than I have tell me the difference between OMAC and O.M.A.C.? There seems to be some bleed over between the two characters, especially in the Warlord (1976) title and I'm wondering if they should be combined.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:55:09 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I'm not 100% certain, so don't take this for gospel. I think the actual book title is O.M.A.C (One Man Army Corps), but when they wrote the dialog and lettered it or whatever, they just called him OMAC.

But I've never really followed the character, so...
chiller67
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:32:20 PM

Groups: Member

Like Tamwood, not gospel. But here's my understanding.

Omac is the Kirby character - Buddy Blank, Kevin Cho et al. As tamwood stated, referred to in the dialogue of the comics.

O.M.A.C. is the one I'm not sure about. Maybe his Sunday name?? His proper name so-to-speak.

O.M.A.C.(s) I'm sure were the bad guys during the run up to Infinite Crisis. As initiated by Brother Eye.

and O.M.A.C. Prime I'm sure was the first or main one of these.

I'd need to dig out the actual comics to be sure and I'm just not in a position to do that right now.
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:57:47 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

chiller67 wrote:
O.M.A.C.(s) I'm sure were the bad guys during the run up to Infinite Crisis. As initiated by Brother Eye.

and O.M.A.C. Prime I'm sure was the first or main one of these.

O.M.A.C.s were definitely the creatures controlled by Brother Eye during all the Countdown/Infinite Crisis shenanigans.

O.M.A.C. Prime seems to be a villain from the Justice League International: Generation Lost mini-series.

Those one's I'm good on. It's the OMAC v O.M.A.C. that's giving me fits. I'm with you and Tamwood - I don't see a major difference. I'm thinking they ought to be one character.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:21:40 PM

padreglcc wrote:
...O.M.A.C.s were definitely the creatures controlled by Brother Eye during all the Countdown/Infinite Crisis shenanigans...
If only one appeared in any given comic, how would you indicate that? Would it be an O.M.A.C.? There's only one, so O.M.A.C.s isn't necessarily accurate/correct, right? An O.M.A.C., not a group of O.M.A.C.s.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:34:57 PM

Xylob wrote:
padreglcc wrote:
...O.M.A.C.s were definitely the creatures controlled by Brother Eye during all the Countdown/Infinite Crisis shenanigans...
If only one appeared in any given comic, how would you indicate that? Would it be an O.M.A.C.? There's only one, so O.M.A.C.s isn't necessarily accurate/correct, right? An O.M.A.C., not a group of O.M.A.C.s.

I suppose that's correct. They are in the database currently as O.M.A.C.(s). I assume that whoever put them in like this meant to differentiate them from the major OMAC characters like Kevin Kho, etc.

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:27:44 PM

I'm just playing Devil's advocate BTW - I don't know if what I've stated is correct or not, just spit ballin' this one.
I'm not familiar enough with them either.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:28:22 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

O.M.A.C.

Quote:
Little is known of Kevin's background before being infected by a virus from Brother Eye. He is employed as a biologist at the Cadmus Laboratories. Brother Eye understood that Maxwell Lord wanted an army of these OMACs so he stole the virus and left Checkmate. Brother Eye chose Kevin as the unlikely recepiant of the virus. Kevin Kho was unwillingly transformed into O.M.A.C., the One-Machine Attack Construct. He is powered by the all-seeing Brother Eye, a remote satellite that orbits the Earth.

OMAC:

Quote:
Sometime in the not so distant a future an alien named Professor Z discovered a mathematical equation could predict futuristic events to a 98% rate of accuracy. Z predicted that Earth would face a " Great Disaster" and human civilization would end. This caused Z much distress that he became mentally unbalanced. His fellow aliens sought to avert this disaster.

They created The Global Peace Agency and disguised themselves with no facial features. The citizens of Earth believed they were highly placed individuals within the world's governments who did not want to crate a national bias nor did they carry weapons that would instill fear and anger that would cause The Great Disaster. There were times violence was needed.

The GPA named Dr. Myron Forest to head the O.M.A.C. project. He created Brother Eye, an extremely advanced computer housed in an orbiting satellite. Brother Eye used electronic surgery to perform a computer hormone operation on a civilian named Buddy Blank.

Buddy was transformed into the One Man Army Corps to battle the international criminals The GPA could not deal with. Dr. Forest was murdered and his secret died with him.

Buddy would have a child and later a grandchild that he would call Kamandi, after the Command D bunker in New York. The Great Disaster occurred on Earth-51 although the initial Crisis on Infinite Earths stopped in from occurring.

The satellite Brother Eye changed Buddy Blank into an OMAC- One Man Army Corps by means of meta-human biotechnology. Blank is a human with technologically-driven biogenetical upgrades that became the leader of the GPA after a series of events that dispatched members of the GPA.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:02:05 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
O.M.A.C.

Quote:
Little is known of Kevin's background before being infected by a virus from Brother Eye. He is employed as a biologist at the Cadmus Laboratories. Brother Eye understood that Maxwell Lord wanted an army of these OMACs so he stole the virus and left Checkmate. Brother Eye chose Kevin as the unlikely recepiant of the virus. Kevin Kho was unwillingly transformed into O.M.A.C., the One-Machine Attack Construct. He is powered by the all-seeing Brother Eye, a remote satellite that orbits the Earth.

OMAC:

Quote:
Sometime in the not so distant a future an alien named Professor Z discovered a mathematical equation could predict futuristic events to a 98% rate of accuracy. Z predicted that Earth would face a " Great Disaster" and human civilization would end. This caused Z much distress that he became mentally unbalanced. His fellow aliens sought to avert this disaster.

They created The Global Peace Agency and disguised themselves with no facial features. The citizens of Earth believed they were highly placed individuals within the world's governments who did not want to crate a national bias nor did they carry weapons that would instill fear and anger that would cause The Great Disaster. There were times violence was needed.

The GPA named Dr. Myron Forest to head the O.M.A.C. project. He created Brother Eye, an extremely advanced computer housed in an orbiting satellite. Brother Eye used electronic surgery to perform a computer hormone operation on a civilian named Buddy Blank.

Buddy was transformed into the One Man Army Corps to battle the international criminals The GPA could not deal with. Dr. Forest was murdered and his secret died with him.

Buddy would have a child and later a grandchild that he would call Kamandi, after the Command D bunker in New York. The Great Disaster occurred on Earth-51 although the initial Crisis on Infinite Earths stopped in from occurring.

The satellite Brother Eye changed Buddy Blank into an OMAC- One Man Army Corps by means of meta-human biotechnology. Blank is a human with technologically-driven biogenetical upgrades that became the leader of the GPA after a series of events that dispatched members of the GPA.

Source?

Also, what about Buddy Blank?

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:39:29 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

chiller67
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 11:50:23 AM

padreglcc wrote:

O.M.A.C. Prime seems to be a villain from the Justice League International: Generation Lost mini-series.

That's were I saw him before. Remember the character but couldn't remember which series he appeared without shifting 20+ long boxes just to get it.

Nate's reference about O.M.A.C. looks good to me. Just the subtle difference in what the anacronym stands for. Kevin Cho's One Man Attack Construct as opposed to Buddy Blank's One Man Army Corps.

chiller67
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 11:56:29 AM

So, to recap, that would be:
Omac - Buddy Blank
O.M.A.C. - Kevin Cho
O.M.A.C. Prime -Character from JLI Generation Lost series (Michael Costner?)
and O.M.A.C.(s) - Bad guys from Countdown to Infinite Crisis.