Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL is back! Who ya got? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:55:18 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The two best teams in the League right now face off tonight. Blackhawks v Sharks in an early playoff preview, perhaps?

Unfortunately, with the 10:30 PM EST starting time combined with it not being on TV here anyway means I am going to have to settle for watching the highlights tomorrow.

Let's Go Blackhawks!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:33:54 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

CosmicAvenger wrote:
Im a St. Louis fan, and have been tickled blue by their first 2 games. The pace of hockey has been stellar so far, with every game being exciting to watch.

The Blues have the best shot in the West in my opinion. They have 2 number one goaltenders, and 4 lines of forwards that can chip in. There are no stars to rely on here, so if one guy goes down you have the likes of langenbrunner and dagostini ready to fill in. Its a depth team, with young talent. Their defense has a norris candidate in pietrangelo, and shattenkirk is playing just as well. With the likes of veterans jackman and polak to back them up.

ST. LOUIS BLUES all the way, baby! Cool

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:45:08 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I know that the scheduling is kind of crazy this year for obvious reasons but the Blackhawks are in the middle of a 6 game 12 day road trip and follow that with 7 home games in 14 days. Is this the same with other teams? Not complaining, just think it's a little odd.

San Jose tonight! Too bad they lost yesterday, I think they are really going to be fired up.

Predators are about to start a stretch of 10 games in 16 days. I believe every team is going to have weeks where they play 5 in 7 due to the shortened schedule.

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:48:09 AM

Wow. 6 goals for Predators last night against St. Louis. Didn't see that coming at all. I'm hoping they didn't use it all up in one game though, which wouldn't surprise me given the seemingly extreme lack of offense the last several seasons. I know that they finished in top ten in scoring last year but it sure didn't seem like it coming from someone that watched all but a handful of their games last year.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 4:47:57 PM

Shop at My Store

Great game last night between Chicago and San Jose. 3-3 after the 1st period, 5-3 Blackhawks win! Awesome fight! Only a month and a half until playoffs!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:14:55 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I know that the scheduling is kind of crazy this year for obvious reasons but the Blackhawks are in the middle of a 6 game 12 day road trip and follow that with 7 home games in 14 days. Is this the same with other teams? Not complaining, just think it's a little odd.

San Jose tonight! Too bad they lost yesterday, I think they are really going to be fired up.

Devils have stretches where they have those same # of games in the same timeframe but not the long blocks of away or home games. Have a feeling that might be more of a Western Conference thing due to the distance between the teams. Eastern (definitely the Atlantic and Northeast Divisions) have less distances to travel so doing a home then away game is easier.

Wonder if the league did that to try and make it a bit easier on the Western teams due to the compressed schedule?

Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:22:36 AM

Groups: Member

Can't say I'm not happy with the Blackhawks' seasons o far... 8-0-2.

I know they stay undefeated but still, Kane having a great start. Toews and Hossa too. Crawford is showing some skills, finally, and FINALLY Saad scored his first NHL goal after knocking at the door so often since the beginning of the season.

Being a fan of the Hawks since I'm old enough to understand how hockey is awesome (I'm Canadian so... ;) ), it's good to see that team perform SO well even after winning the CUp in 2010 and having some management problems (Thanks Dale Tallon...) !!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:16:51 AM

Shop at My Store

Kopfschuss wrote:
Being a fan of the Hawks since I'm old enough to understand how hockey is awesome (I'm Canadian so... ;) ), it's good to see that team perform SO well even after winning the CUp in 2010 and having some management problems (Thanks Dale Tallon...) !!

Another Hawks fan! Awesome!

The team has really turned the corner after a dozen or so dreadful seasons. There's better management in place now and all of the first round draft picks for being so awful have helped out a lot. Better free agency decisions as well.

Still undefeated in regulation! Coyotes are the appetizer tonight with the Predators on the menu Sunday.

Hall Liquidations

Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:21:27 PM

After the Belfour, Roenick, Larmer, Savard, Chelios era, yeah, we suffered... and then, a French Canadian born in Manitoba arrived in 2005 - Jonathan Toews - and the team never looked back. Patrick Kane in 2006 and landing guys like Hossa really helped. A very strong defensive core in Seabrook/Keith and Hjalmarsson stepping up this year.

It won't last forevever, but I really enjoy watching these guys performing so well these days... I miss Kris Versteeg tho :( and at the moment, Im just hoping Carcillo will be back soon!
CosmicAvenger
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:35:24 PM

Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member, Moderator

jbeeman85 wrote:
Wow. 6 goals for Predators last night against St. Louis. Didn't see that coming at all. I'm hoping they didn't use it all up in one game though, which wouldn't surprise me given the seemingly extreme lack of offense the last several seasons. I know that they finished in top ten in scoring last year but it sure didn't seem like it coming from someone that watched all but a handful of their games last year.

The Blues had it coming. They stole two wins from the Preds, so it was just a matter of time before they took it to us

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 6:46:26 AM

Preds shut out the Kings 3-0 last night. Kings had a ton of shots on goal but not many were that great of a scoring chance. Rinne was strong in net as he usually is and Weber finally got a point (assist) too. Another trip to Minnesota Saturday then a four home game home stand next week starting with Chicago.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 8:35:08 AM

Shop at My Store

jbeeman85 wrote:
Preds shut out the Kings 3-0 last night. Kings had a ton of shots on goal but not many were that great of a scoring chance. Rinne was strong in net as he usually is and Weber finally got a point (assist) too. Another trip to Minnesota Saturday then a four home game home stand next week starting with Chicago.

This should be a good game. Preds are looking better. Still no regulation loss for the Hawks!

Hall Liquidations

Kopfschuss
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 9:07:51 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:

This should be a good game. Preds are looking better. Still no regulation loss for the Hawks!

What a game it was yesterday!

Patrick Kane is on fire. He's a sick player when he gets to it!

Ray Emery looked great!

Sharp is starting to get in the right way.

Toews is a God, as usual.

Man, I love this team!

9-0-2 Baby !!
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 8:19:19 PM

i'm so frustrated with the wild it isn't even funny. i've been out training for the past month so i've only been able to see a few games on my phone but that game with vancouver was brutal

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

jbeeman85
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:48:51 PM

Tough loss for the Preds tonight against Minnesota. Preds blew several chances on the power play so they can't really complain about a questionable call on Gaustad in the overtime that the Wild scored on. Sucks. Chicago tomorrow night.

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 6:42:29 AM

Well last night was just embarrassing for the Predators. They were completely outplayed all night. Chicago made them look like a minor league team. Only good thing out of last night was that the Blackhawk fans in the arena didn't do that annoying clapping and yelling throughout the national anthem.

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 6:49:36 AM

One more thing about the Blackhawk fans that bothers me is that, at least the ones that I run across in Nashville, they sure have became extremely cocky since winning the Cup a few seasons ago. I know that Nashville doesn't have a Cup, but good God, Chicago has been around forever and they have only one cup since the league expanded beyond 6 teams. They seem to forget how only a few years before winning their last Cup, they were near the bottom of the league in attendance and performance.

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 6:54:51 AM

jbeeman85 wrote:
One more thing about the Blackhawk fans that bothers me is that, at least the ones that I run across in Nashville, they sure have became extremely cocky since winning the Cup a few seasons ago. I know that Nashville doesn't have a Cup, but good God, Chicago has been around forever and they have only one cup since the league expanded beyond 6 teams. They seem to forget how only a few years before winning their last Cup, they were near the bottom of the league in attendance and performance.

I apologize to any true Blackhawks fans on here, I'm just venting a bit. Hopefully you are not the type described above that most likely didn't claim the Blackhawks as your team until they got good again and are only a bandwagon fan. To the annoying bandwagon fans, I do not apologize, you suck.

Kopfschuss
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:12:53 AM

Well, as a Blackhawks fan from Quebec, I didn't have any chance of seeing the Hawks live, event against the Canadiens! So I know, if I could have the chance to see the Hawks playing a road game, I'd never disrespect the fans there. I'd cheer as hell for my team, but that's about it.

We have the QMJHL here, and I'm from Baie-Comeau (Drakkar) and I know what it is to have disrecpectful fans and stuff... it sucks. Really!

On another note, WOW! 10-0-2, 8-0-2 on the road! I mean, you can't ask more from these guys!

Patrick Kane is having a hell of a season start so far! I hope he will continue to play that way! His ice vision is pure awesomness!

Even Corey Crawford looks amazing!

I know it's the beginning of the season, but showing a 8-0-2 record ON THE ROAD so far, I guess we can dream of another Cup? That'd be legit to do so :D
CosmicAvenger
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 10:47:33 AM

Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member, Moderator

Chicago could have won the cup every year since they originally won it.

They have had the personnel all along BUT I dunno how much off ice antics you guys follow.

Kane is a bit of a douche. Amazingly talented player, but he has been linked to punching cabbies, doing some serious drugs, and tons of partying.

I know that hes a young kid just enjoying the ride, but his team has suffered for it.

We have seen that Toews and Sharp can only do so much when Kane isnt in the game. Now he looks focused, and is playing like the talent he has been all along. With Kane on his game, that team is unbeatable.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here