Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Angry at eBay Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:47:07 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Called eBay today. It was a simple case of miscommunication. Customer service lady yesterday was supposed to send a notice to a seller for me because his PayPal account wasn't verified and wouldn't accept my payment. She accidently sent the message to me. So I call today to get it to right place, and the guy I talk to today is rude as hell. He's arguing with me, raising his voice above mine to tell me that I'm wrong and paying is my responsibility as I'm trying to tell him I have and he won't accept it because of his PayPal account. I finally get sick of getting into a voice-raising match and ask for a supervisor and he tells me "What's a supervisor gonna do?" So I'm all like, "Are you (banned)ing with me, now?" And he gets (banned) and tells me not to talk to him that way. Seriously? And he's "customer service". I don't think the guy knows the meaning of the phrase. I'm just (banned) off now. Luckily, after he (banned) me off and I hung up on him. I called back and got a nice lady to help me out with it.

Just needed to vent that.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 4:54:49 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

The thing I hate the most is e-bay owns pay-pal in your stuck paying fees for e-bay then turn around in pay more fees for pay-pal.
KingZombie
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:29:59 PM

Groups: Member

The one and only time I called eBay the guy wasn't so much rude as he was just clueless.

freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 6:50:47 PM

Ebay hires ex postal employees for CS. I heard they only hire them after they have gone insane just to make sure they are of absolutely no help.

Big Grin

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

teh_longinator
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:26:08 PM

The only customer service in the world that I've run into that's less helpful than eBay/PayPal is Xbox Live.

Seriously. I had my PayPal account locked due to trying to add an account in wrong. Turns out I was reading the wrong numbers from my bank statement. But it was fine, because I wasn't doing anything with the account anyway.

Fast forward a year or two, and now I'm into buying/selling online. I need my PayPal account unlocked, but have a new email. Managed to get back into my account, but for whatever reason they decided to lock me when I tried to change my email. Long story short, it took a year and a half for me to harass them enough that I could access my account using the new password. Basically had them close my account, and I just re-made one.

The best was when I got an email back being like "your problem has been resolved". Nope. I couldn't log in, dude. And that was my problem, so it wasn't resolved.

/endrant / they need some CS skills.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=