Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
the new robin Options
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:20:52 PM

Groups: Member

so whats everyone think? spoiler...

so Harper Row as the new robin... whatcha think? i had a feeling with her solo story during the court of owls. she was less annoying in batman 18. i havent read anything but i think grant morrision or scott snyder talked about in a pod cast.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:24:15 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

A week and a half ago, Scott Snyder had this to say about Harper in an MTVGeek interview:

Scott Snyder wrote:
"I feel badly that everybody is assuming that just because she's there right afterwards, we were trying to position her as the new Robin. But I can tell you honestly, everybody reading this…she's not designed to be Robin."

I haven't seen anything more than speculation about her being the new Robin. At this point, I would say that it's premature to say she is definitely going to be Robin.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:37:43 PM

makes sense... figured it was way to soon to crown a new boy wonder but! i really don't believe creators... they love to throw out red herrings

KingZombie
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:13:41 PM

Enough with the Robins already. Batman doesn't need a sidekick. Robin was created so the reading demographic of the time could have someone to relate to. Most kids don't read comics anymore. The demographic now is older males.

From a realistic standpoint, when is someone going to arrest Batman for child endangerment?

CrossbowComics
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:34:50 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

KingZombie wrote:
Enough with the Robins already. Batman doesn't need a sidekick. Robin was created so the reading demographic of the time could have someone to relate to. Most kids don't read comics anymore. The demographic now is older males.

From a realistic standpoint, when is someone going to arrest Batman for child endangerment?

A grown man in spandex hanging out with young boys is scary enough as it is.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 9:40:40 PM

KingZombie wrote:

ten years after his initial retirement... yindel slapped it on him lol just saying.

KingZombie
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:33:03 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
KingZombie wrote:

ten years after his initial retirement... yindel slapped it on him lol just saying.

Yindel was right! :)

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 11:45:27 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2013 8:33:04 AM

Personally I hate robin. Batman is fine as a stand alone hero. Robin was only created to appeal to younger audiences which is bunk now cuz kids don't read batman now a days. I say keep the bird boy dead.

kisstour03
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2013 5:47:04 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I can do without Robin. I know he's kept in the mix because it's a tradition. But maybe it'll be awhile before a new Robin is crowned.
padreglcc
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2013 8:23:53 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

kisstour03 wrote:
I can do without Robin. I know he's kept in the mix because it's a tradition. But maybe it'll be awhile before a new Robin is crowned.

It'll be a few months at least. For the next few months Batman & Robin will be renamed with a different second cast member: Batman & Red Robin, Batman & Catwoman, Batman & Nightwing, etc.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Grwurz
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2013 8:50:59 PM

I really don't think she is going to be another Robin. I think that Scott Snyder wants to put his own stamp on the Batman mythos with a new character. Not a rehash of an old idea. She may be Batman's partner, but I don't think she will be Robin.

Although there is no Oracle in the New 52, so I guess that is always a possibility.

I also think it will be quite some time before Batman gets a new Robin because the main Batman title will be in Year 0 mode starting in June. So that leaves only 2 issues for Snyder to get a new Robin out there.

I guess anything is possible.

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
brendavis
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:05:53 PM

I do agree that Robin has run its course, but the fact that there is a potential for a female Robin is quite intreging. (sp?) It may last about a year and then, my guess, it'll be a spin off. My thoughts at least.
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:15:50 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

brendavis wrote:
I do agree that Robin has run its course, but the fact that there is a potential for a female Robin is quite intreging. (sp?) It may last about a year and then, my guess, it'll be a spin off. My thoughts at least.

Already been done:

Stephanie Brown

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
kevscomics
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:17:01 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

I concur with all the Robin hate, lol, I can do without another one...