Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » DC Comics » QUESTION ABOUT SUPERBOY a.k.a CONNOR KENT....

QUESTION ABOUT SUPERBOY a.k.a CONNOR KENT....

DocRx8482
Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:24:48 AM
Groups: Member
I pretty much have all of his listed appearances in all titles; they just are not filed appropriately in my collection. I need some help to find out which issue(s) actually state(s) that he is a hybrid created from the DNA product of Superman, Lex Luthor and Dubbilex. If it is actually is acknowledged over multiple issues that’s fine, I just need to get the monkey off my back, that monkey would be my youngest daughter.

"Head to the future,
Run from the past,
Hide from the mirror,
And live in a glass,
What dreams forget the whiskey remembers
" (Eric Church/Marv Green)
padreglcc
Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:34:51 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
I want to say it's in Teen Titans (2003) in the early 20s or so.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
Xylob
Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:16:55 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
I know the revalation about him being a human/Kryptonian hybrid was revealed before he got his own series, in one of the various Superman titles of the time. At first it was teased that the human DNA was Paul Westfield's, but quickly came to light that it was Luthor's.
Geoff Johns ret-conned a lot of stuff though...
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
BurningDoom
Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:59:57 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Xylob wrote:
I know the revalation about him being a human/Kryptonian hybrid was revealed before he got his own series, in one of the various Superman titles of the time. At first it was teased that the human DNA was Paul Westfield's, but quickly came to light that it was Luthor's.

I'm pretty sure the fact that he's half human was revealed shortly after he debuted, during "The Reign of the Supermen". I remember someone saying they couldn't create a perfect clone of Superman, so they had to splice it with human DNA to get it to work. That was how they explained the slightly different powers.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
padreglcc
Thursday, April 04, 2013 3:18:04 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
BurningDoom wrote:
Xylob wrote:

I'm pretty sure the fact that he's half human was revealed shortly after he debuted, during "The Reign of the Supermen". I remember someone saying they couldn't create a perfect clone of Superman, so they had to splice it with human DNA to get it to work. That was how they explained the slightly different powers.

That sounds right to me. It wasn't revealed that it was Lex until much later though.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
Xylob
Thursday, April 04, 2013 4:16:51 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Wasn't it the original Newsboys who explained that they couldn't get a good scan of Supes?
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
nacho
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:51:27 PM
Groups: Member
It started in teen titans 5or6 issue into the series