Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Age of Ultron Options
Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:09:01 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I'm a little confused by this story. I didn't pick it up when it began, but the shop evidently got in some re-orders, because they had #1-3. No #4 or 5, but at least I got to see where the story starts.

Is this an alternate timeline story? Because the events happening in this don't seem to be current continuity. I'm just a little confused by that.

Especially Spider-Man. I read the Superior Spider-Man tie-in, but again, seems like an alternate timeline or alternate reality story.
Nate77
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:14:20 PM

Groups: Member

I read somewhere that it is in continuity.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
barney
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:01:43 AM

After reading the latest Fantastic Four tie-in, I have this feeling that Franklin Richards will do what he does best and alter reality as if this never happened.
The whole thing just seems like it will be too big to recover from.

Tamwood
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:05:10 PM

Or maybe Wanda gets involved and *poof* "No More Ultron."
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 3:25:17 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Tamwood wrote:
Or maybe Wanda gets involved and *poof* "No More Ultron."

Franklin Richards is Marvel's answer to Superboy-Prime's punching DC Comics' reality wall.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
LordMikel
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:56:48 PM

I've not been reading the AU books, only the main book. It isn't very good, for all the hype. Do the AU books add anything or is it all hype?
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:25:31 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I have the books stacked up in my inbox..I am about two months behind on my reading because of moving..I have only been able to glance through them but I am looking forward to reading them.

Mad Bloggings

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 9:13:50 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Unoriginal with horrible Bryan Hitch art. Age of Ultron is not very good IMO

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
dunleavy75
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 9:15:41 PM

SpidermanGeek wrote:
Unoriginal with horrible Bryan Hitch art. Age of Ultron is not very good IMO

Oh hush you! Clown

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
kevscomics
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 10:27:27 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Ultron #1 AU - Spoiler alert, I guess, not really, because what I am going to ask about happened a while ago I guess..

So this book is about Victor Mancha(son of ultron), and it talks about how he is the only or one of the few remaining Runaways, I dug the runaways books and read most of them, I think I read all but the very last trade(all 3 different series), When did everybody else die?, I know Gert died, but talks about the others being dead, what series did that happen in? I am reading about Chase and Nico in Avengers Arena right now, so I assume they survived...Any info appreciated, I want to read whatever series this stuff took place in.
kisstour03
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:04:13 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I'm giving this, like most "Events", a pass. I usually don't enjoy them and I hate having to buy 101 different books to get the complete story. I'm old fashioned. I like my comics to stand alone with the odd crossover to another title if it helps the story.
LordMikel
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:11:51 PM

kevscomics wrote:
Ultron #1 AU - Spoiler alert, I guess, not really, because what I am going to ask about happened a while ago I guess..

So this book is about Victor Mancha(son of ultron), and it talks about how he is the only or one of the few remaining Runaways, I dug the runaways books and read most of them, I think I read all but the very last trade(all 3 different series), When did everybody else die?, I know Gert died, but talks about the others being dead, what series did that happen in? I am reading about Chase and Nico in Avengers Arena right now, so I assume they survived...Any info appreciated, I want to read whatever series this stuff took place in.

It is probably off screen death on account of Age of Ultron and not something that happened in an issue.
Grwurz
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:14:31 AM

This book has underwhelmed me to say the least. I think marvel is releasing the books so fast because the story is so slow that 10 months to finish this story would seem like 10 years.

But I am a sucker who needs to finish what he starts so I will read the whole thing. It just seems like this story is going to be reversed at the end or retconned somewhere down the line.

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
NorthBridge
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:28:18 AM

I grew tired of this book after the first.

I already read parts of Uncanny X-Force. I already ready Age of Apocolypse.

It's like there's a title every now and then that is:

--Group is sent to alternate reality where x came true and this is the result
--Group need to find some inventive way to stop said reality in order to preserve the future.
--Someone will die in that alternate reality or be brought back to the normal reality and die there.

--
Thank you and take care,
Paul
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:54:13 PM

I'm still reading it, mostly because my pre-orders are 2 months ahead, and because I'm hoping for a pay-off in the end.

But truthfully, it has indeed been pretty boring, familiar, and just plain uneventful, so far at least.

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:22:10 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
I'm still reading it, mostly because my pre-orders are 2 months ahead, and because I'm hoping for a pay-off in the end.

But truthfully, it has indeed been pretty boring, familiar, and just plain uneventful, so far at least.

And that payoff just happened with this week's issue of the main mini-series!

Won't give away any spoilers, let's just say it has hit the fan. After reading that last page, I can't freaking wait to see the next issue!

ratrapp
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:46:47 AM

i've been dissappointed with the speed of it so far my self.i grew reading the original secret wars and crisis on infinite earths and these latest titles don't compare in my opinion but i will finish the series because i've already started.i feel like i've been ripped off in new comics anymore.i just read my last few issues of batman,detective,etc and the last few pages are just adds for other issues.i fee like i've been robbed sometimes.
Grwurz
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 7:44:35 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

And that payoff just happened with this week's issue of the main mini-series!

Won't give away any spoilers, let's just say it has hit the fan. After reading that last page, I can't freaking wait to see the next issue!

It's definitely an interesting development. Not the Wolverine part, but the Invisible Woman part. I wonder if Nick Fury Sr. is back to stay, or if he is just around for this series?

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
LordMikel
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:20:33 PM

ratrapp wrote:
i've been dissappointed with the speed of it so far my self.i grew reading the original secret wars and crisis on infinite earths and these latest titles don't compare in my opinion but i will finish the series because i've already started.i feel like i've been ripped off in new comics anymore.i just read my last few issues of batman,detective,etc and the last few pages are just adds for other issues.i fee like i've been robbed sometimes.

I think they should've halved the issue count, double the issue size and increase the price by a buck. For me to say, "By issue 5 or 6, it got kinda good" is a bit sad.
kevscomics
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:34:27 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

LordMikel wrote:
ratrapp wrote:

I think they should've halved the issue count, double the issue size and increase the price by a buck. For me to say, "By issue 5 or 6, it got kinda good" is a bit sad.

Yup, totally agree...