Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Heavy Metals Fans? Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:19:36 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,473
Points: 60,152
Location: Redding, CA
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2012 4:02:19 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,473
Points: 60,152
Location: Redding, CA
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 9:14:42 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,473
Points: 60,152
Location: Redding, CA
I went and saw Megadeth last night in Reno and it was freaking awesome! Best show I've been to. Kyng, the opening band, sucked balls though. No problem since Dave and the boys showed em how it's done. Reno is the best place to see a show, too. Drinks while you wait in line, and a massive concert hall where you get your own table with full-service bars in the place.

Best anniversary present ever!

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:32:32 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,473
Points: 60,152
Location: Redding, CA


Everyone here NEEDS to listen to the album Skyforger by Amorphis. I just heard the entire thing, and it's an amazing masterpiece of an album that is just rare to see anymore nowadays. Most albums have a handful of radio hits, and the rest is filler. This album is amazing from beginning to end.

If nothing else, then at least check out this track from it, "Silver Bride", the song is phenomenal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qjiWb1O_L4


***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 9:48:38 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,473
Points: 60,152
Location: Redding, CA
This band is practically unheard of. And it's a crime since this song is so incredibly awesome:

Skyfire - "Legacy of the Defeated"

It's a nice mix of Black Metal and Melo-Death.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 8:08:53 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,473
Points: 60,152
Location: Redding, CA
Blackie Lawless, lead-singer of WASP, died in a car accident today. R.I.P.

Reports are saying drugs and alcohol weren't involved.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
aaus
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 2:53:44 PM

Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/30/2013
Posts: 68
Points: 204
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
BurningDoom wrote:
Blackie Lawless, lead-singer of WASP, died in a car accident today. R.I.P.

Reports are saying drugs and alcohol weren't involved.

When I first saw this I was shocked, but after a little search on the net I can see that it was another false news.

OK, we can relax nowWhew!

“Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.”
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 3:44:53 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,473
Points: 60,152
Location: Redding, CA
aaus wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Blackie Lawless, lead-singer of WASP, died in a car accident today. R.I.P.

Reports are saying drugs and alcohol weren't involved.

When I first saw this I was shocked, but after a little search on the net I can see that it was another false news.

OK, we can relax nowWhew!


Well that is fantastic news! Especially since W.A.S.P. was working on a new album!

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
puyaybusto
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 8:48:08 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/30/2007
Posts: 3,278
Points: 39,718
Location: Joliet, IL
You guys should check out my new podcast Monsters & Metal


BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:16:25 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,473
Points: 60,152
Location: Redding, CA
Such an epic band. I discovered them a couple months ago and just can't get enough of them. Best way to describe them is a mixture between Black Metal and Symphonic Metal, but that's not even quite a perfect description. Just listen, it's epic:

Wintersun - Sons of Winter and Stars

\m/

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 9:04:45 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,473
Points: 60,152
Location: Redding, CA
Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:45:08 AM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/5/2013
Posts: 114
Points: 342
Location: Saguenay, QC, CAN
BurningDoom wrote:
Such an epic band. I discovered them a couple months ago and just can't get enough of them. Best way to describe them is a mixture between Black Metal and Symphonic Metal, but that's not even quite a perfect description. Just listen, it's epic:

Wintersun - Sons of Winter and Stars

\m/


Wintersun's first album is much much better than Time I.

I've been a Wintersun fan since 2004 (First album).

Jari Maenpaa was Ensiferum's lead signer before 2004, when he "created" his side project: Wintersun. Jari is the man behind EVERYTHING in Wintersun. He's a sick f***!!

Listen to Ensiferum (pre-2004). It's AMAZING!

Since Jari left Ensiferum, they had te replace the lead signer in Ensiferum and they chose Petri Lindroos (ex-Norther). Since then, both Norther and Ensiferum aren't THAT good... that's a shame...

Oh and BTW, there is a new Children of Bodom album in June... can't freaking wait!

P.S. I'm a huge Finnish metal fan \m/ \m/
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 10:14:29 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,473
Points: 60,152
Location: Redding, CA
Kopfschuss wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Such an epic band. I discovered them a couple months ago and just can't get enough of them. Best way to describe them is a mixture between Black Metal and Symphonic Metal, but that's not even quite a perfect description. Just listen, it's epic:

Wintersun - Sons of Winter and Stars

\m/


Wintersun's first album is much much better than Time I.

I've been a Wintersun fan since 2004 (First album).

Jari Maenpaa was Ensiferum's lead signer before 2004, when he "created" his side project: Wintersun. Jari is the man behind EVERYTHING in Wintersun. He's a sick f***!!

Listen to Ensiferum (pre-2004). It's AMAZING!

Since Jari left Ensiferum, they had te replace the lead signer in Ensiferum and they chose Petri Lindroos (ex-Norther). Since then, both Norther and Ensiferum aren't THAT good... that's a shame...

Oh and BTW, there is a new Children of Bodom album in June... can't freaking wait!

P.S. I'm a huge Finnish metal fan \m/ \m/


You sir, have fantastic taste in metal. Applause

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 10:22:54 AM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/5/2013
Posts: 114
Points: 342
Location: Saguenay, QC, CAN
http://youtu.be/cZB6JVllJSg

Did you watch these video? Live recording of latest Wintersun album. That's pretty nice!


I'm a very huge fan of metal... of all genres! Of course my favorite style is the melo/thrash/folk metal but I also like Viking, Death, Black, etc.

Dimmu Borgir
Anorexia Nervosa
Wintersun
Children of Bodom
Imperanon
Deftones
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Moonspell
Quo Vadis (from QUEBEC \m/)
Blind Guardian
Blinded by Faith
Norther
Kalmah
Tyr
Symphony X
Equilibrium
Moonsorrow
Opeth
Dark Tranquillity

And I'm pretty sure I forget LOTS of band... ;)
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:10:51 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,473
Points: 60,152
Location: Redding, CA
Kopfschuss wrote:
http://youtu.be/cZB6JVllJSg

Did you watch these video? Live recording of latest Wintersun album. That's pretty nice!


I'm a very huge fan of metal... of all genres! Of course my favorite style is the melo/thrash/folk metal but I also like Viking, Death, Black, etc.

Dimmu Borgir
Anorexia Nervosa
Wintersun
Children of Bodom
Imperanon
Deftones
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Moonspell
Quo Vadis (from QUEBEC \m/)
Blind Guardian
Blinded by Faith
Norther
Kalmah
Tyr
Symphony X
Equilibrium
Moonsorrow
Opeth
Dark Tranquillity

And I'm pretty sure I forget LOTS of band... ;)


I like that list, a lot. A few in that same vein of bands that are very good that you didn't mention:

-Amon Amarth
-Amorphis
-Ensiferum
-Finntroll
-In Flames
-Nightwish
-Scar Symmetry

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:14:12 PM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/5/2013
Posts: 114
Points: 342
Location: Saguenay, QC, CAN
In Flames.... hmm, a really good band too but they are getting softer and softer since Come Clarity. I really wish they could go back to what they did with Colony and Clayman. Man, these albums were so good!

Finntroll are an okay band for me, didn't like 'em a lot. I had Trollhammeren album back in the days, I should give them another chance.

Never heard of Scar Symmetry, I'll have a look.

You're right, I forgot Amon Amart, Amorphis and Ensiferum XD

As for Nightwish... in a simple word: NAH! But, my girlfriend l LOVE Nightwish. She also LOVE Children of Bodom, In Flames, Wintersun, etc. She rocks! Haha
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:17:56 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,473
Points: 60,152
Location: Redding, CA
Kopfschuss wrote:
In Flames.... hmm, a really good band too but they are getting softer and softer since Come Clarity. I really wish they could go back to what they did with Colony and Clayman. Man, these albums were so good!

Finntroll are an okay band for me, didn't like 'em a lot. I had Trollhammeren album back in the days, I should give them another chance.

Never heard of Scar Symmetry, I'll have a look.

You're right, I forgot Amon Amart, Amorphis and Ensiferum XD

As for Nightwish... in a simple word: NAH! But, my girlfriend l LOVE Nightwish. She also LOVE Children of Bodom, In Flames, Wintersun, etc. She rocks! Haha


Sounds like a cool girl. Cool

Soft doesn't bother me. I enjoy all kinds of rock, metal, and classic rock. So I enjoy old and new In Flames, both. Same with Metallica (not counting St. Anger, what a piece of trash), when most Metallica fans hate anything post-Black Album.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 1:16:27 PM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/5/2013
Posts: 114
Points: 342
Location: Saguenay, QC, CAN
BurningDoom wrote:

Sounds like a cool girl. Cool

Soft doesn't bother me. I enjoy all kinds of rock, metal, and classic rock. So I enjoy old and new In Flames, both. Same with Metallica (not counting St. Anger, what a piece of trash), when most Metallica fans hate anything post-Black Album.


Yeah she is Big Grin

Don't get me wrong, I like In Flames, but, they are much softer they once were, back in Clayman/Colony era. That's all I'm sayin' Angel

St. Anger... lol Death mAgnetic was good tho!

I saw Metallica on Abrahams Plains in Quebec 2 years ago... they were awesome!
aaus
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 1:49:25 PM

Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/30/2013
Posts: 68
Points: 204
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Hi again,

I'm also a huge fan of heavy metal. My favorite genres are hard/heavy, classic rock. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Europe, Scorpions, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, W.A.S.P., Rainbow and Accept are some of my favorite bands. I really love going to the concerts, and nowadays I'm looking forward to the big Iron Maiden show in İstanbul in July.

This sentence roughly summarizes my thought about music (quoting from a friend):
"I am not a rocker, I am the rockest!"

Stay heavy!

“Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.”
Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 1:54:24 PM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/5/2013
Posts: 114
Points: 342
Location: Saguenay, QC, CAN
aaus wrote:
Hi again,

I'm also a huge fan of heavy metal. My favorite genres are hard/heavy, classic rock. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Europe, Scorpions, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, W.A.S.P., Rainbow and Accept are some of my favorite bands. I really love going to the concerts, and nowadays I'm looking forward to the big Iron Maiden show in İstanbul in July.

This sentence roughly summarizes my thought about music (quoting from a friend):
"I am not a rocker, I am the rockest!"

Stay heavy!


I guess you're like 40 years old, am I right? Rolling on the Floor
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 1.337 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241