Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comic Book Reviews » Marvel Reviews » Marvel Read of the Week (April 17th, 2013)

Poll Question: What was Marvel's best read this week? (Poll is closed)

• Age of Ultron #6
    50%
    1 vote(s)
  • Captain America #6
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Iron Man #8
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Nova #3
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Savage Wolverine #4
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Superior Spider-Man #8
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Venom #34
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • X-Factor #254
    50%
    1 vote(s)
  • Other (Please specify below)
    0%
    0 vote(s)

Marvel Read of the Week (April 17th, 2013)

padreglcc
Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:52:15 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Uncanny Avengers #6
received the most votes in last week's poll

Vote for this week's top Marvel read in the poll above.
Tell us what you thought of all your books below.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
padreglcc
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:08:56 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Voted for X-Factor... because it's the only Marvel book I read anymore. Anyone else want to vote? Poll is open through Wednesday.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

kevscomics
Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:43:11 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
For me it would have been Savage Wolverine, Captain America really starting to turn me off, and I am kind of "meh" about Age of Ultron...Actually getting ready to drop a bunch of Marvel...
monidaw1
Monday, May 30, 2016 7:28:50 PM
Shop at My Store
Is there any way to have the comics in the poll link to their CCL description so you can see which one's they were without leaving the page? Maybe a link in Other to the bulk listing for that weeks issues. I think I probably read the X-Factor issue but I don't remember what was under Other that week.

On a side note, is this forum dead? Some serious cobweb issues here not really giving that "Welcome to the new active CCL" vibe the new stoppers by might be looking for. Let's get some flowers, new drapes, some snacks by the door, something that says this isn't a ghost town, come on by and join us. Big Hug
padreglcc
Monday, May 30, 2016 9:48:46 PM
monidaw1 wrote:
Is there any way to have the comics in the poll link to their CCL description so you can see which one's they were without leaving the page? Maybe a link in Other to the bulk listing for that weeks issues. I think I probably read the X-Factor issue but I don't remember what was under Other that week.

I honestly don't know. I know that it used to be that there was a limited number of characters you could put on each line in a poll, but I'm not sure that's still true. If it is, there's no way to insert a link. If that limitation has been removed, then I don't see why not.

monidaw1 wrote:
On a side note, is this forum dead? Some serious cobweb issues here not really giving that "Welcome to the new active CCL" vibe the new stoppers by might be looking for. Let's get some flowers, new drapes, some snacks by the door, something that says this isn't a ghost town, come on by and join us. Big Hug

I stopped doing these because there was very little response. As you can see from this poll, only two people responded. I can give it a shot again and see what happens.

monidaw1
Tuesday, May 31, 2016 9:59:33 AM
Shop at My Store
Quote:
I stopped doing these because there was very little response. As you can see from this poll, only two people responded. I can give it a shot again and see what happens.

That'd be my thought, someone should do something to keep the place looking active or transfer the good parts to somewhere elese for storage and scrape the forum to declutter the main page and give the place a more frequented/ not dead feel. We used to make a point of posting something new into every sub forum of our aquatic message boards at least once a week just so people knew we were still around. Converstion startes or anything that might lead to increased participation or keep people from leaving by seeing really old dates for the last post. Too many pinned posts can mislead that way to if someone unfamiliar with the place only see's pinned posts with really old dates and nothing new or so many the new stuff has been pushed to page 2 or further back.