Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
will definately not be keeping the store open...still processing and shipping orders though Options
inhumanking
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 1:29:25 PM

Groups: Member

dunleavy75 wrote:
Yes! The 120's!!!

+1

i was starting to think we'd never get to the 120's... lol
Draagulla
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:51:13 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Ha ha, I reiterate the statement about the 120's...
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 12:54:42 AM

Another shipping update in the sellers corner...

Thanks for being patient we are working as fast as we can...

Steady roll out!!

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=596714#596714
jmbarnes101
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:06:32 AM

Can we get another shipping update for the items that went out on Friday and Saturday please? I don't want to cancel my orders, it's just nice to know how far along the process is. Thank you.
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 9:05:07 AM

jmbarnes101
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 11:31:53 AM

Thank you kind sir.
kevscomics
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 12:03:29 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

You still planning on putting the variants back up?, waiting until caught up on shipping first?, just wondering
freakdylan
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 2:07:17 PM

kevscomics wrote:
You still planning on putting the variants back up?, waiting until caught up on shipping first?, just wondering

He had it up for few days (I bought a few) then it went down again.Angry

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

kevscomics
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 2:23:43 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

ahh, ok, I keep looking to the left for the store link but must have missed it...
jmbarnes101
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:13:02 AM

Don, I'm curious if you're still making progress on shipping out items? Also, I sent you a couple of PMs regarding an issue I had with a shipment but haven't heard anything back. Thank you.
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:45:02 AM

I think Don might have worn his packing fingers out, or had an allergic reaction to all that packing tape, lol.

Or maybe he is too busy riding around in the new Benz he has been close to winning. Did you earn it yet Don? good luck

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:43:44 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Has anyone heard from Don?
CrossbowComics
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 4:29:10 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:
kevscomics wrote:
I would be excited if u left the T-Z's up and did the markdowns to $.15 and $.25 ---just an idea, but I can understand if u don't want to do that.

sorry Kevin, i would do that for you but i bulked out a lot of the stock a few days after i shut it down...variants were not touched...

This quote makes me nervous, might be tough to pull orders if stuff is bulked out. I was a trusting soul & let my last 3 orders go past 45 days without filing a claim, I give him some credit for the 30 or 40 other orders I placed that worked out well. Hopefully we get a fresh update Monday.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

Thundercron
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 4:44:03 PM

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:
kevscomics wrote:
I would be excited if u left the T-Z's up and did the markdowns to $.15 and $.25 ---just an idea, but I can understand if u don't want to do that.

sorry Kevin, i would do that for you but i bulked out a lot of the stock a few days after i shut it down...variants were not touched...

This quote makes me nervous, might be tough to pull orders if stuff is bulked out. I was a trusting soul & let my last 3 orders go past 45 days without filing a claim, I give him some credit for the 30 or 40 other orders I placed that worked out well. Hopefully we get a fresh update Monday.

This quote never made sense to me, either. When Don first announced he was closing his store, he said he had outgrown CCL, and indicated he was going to set up his own website to sell his books. Next thing you know, he's dumping inventory at fifteen cents a book, then came the above quote about bulking out his remaining inventory.

I guess the grass wasn't greener on the other side.
Shadowdodger
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:11:28 PM

I bit the bullet and made a final purchase from him. If for some reason it doesn't go through, I'll only be out $11. I'm sure we'll hear something from him soon though.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
lbej
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 4:52:05 AM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

I've still got 14 orders outstanding and five of them are past the 45 day threshold. I've had problems with the orders I've received, as well: very high fill rate on the $0.15 and $0.25 books, but more than half of the variants I've bought haven't shown up. I was refunded for some of those three weeks ago, but I can't get a refund or a definitive answer since then. After hundreds of orders over several years with no problems, I wasn't concerned about allowing longer than 45 days. Now I wonder if I've made a costly mistake.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
Flagwaver
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:52:17 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I've placed four orders since he announced his closing sale, the first being on 3/17. That order did not ship until 4/17. My second order was placed on 3/26 and that one didn't ship until 5/5! My third order was placed on 3/30 and was marked as "shipped" on 5/13 but I did not get an email with the tracking number until this weekend. On my first order, I did not receive a book and was given a refund. On my second order I was missing two books and sent an message asking about them but have not gotten a response back. Hopefully, the third order will arrive by the end of this week and I am wondering how many books will be missing from that order. I've ordered from Don a couple times before and, despite the unsually long process time, was pleased.

I found it frustrating that it took so long for him to mark down all the books, which made it neccessary to place several orders instead of one big one. It would have been smarter for him to have put the store on vacation for a week, make all the changes and get all outstanding orders shipped before re-opening for a week or two for the sale. I suspect others placed multiple orders like I did as he discounted and, had he done it all at once, there wouldn't be as many small orders to fulfill, but fewer large ones.
jmbarnes101
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:11:39 AM

Flagwaver wrote:
I found it frustrating that it took so long for him to mark down all the books, which made it neccessary to place several orders instead of one big one. It would have been smarter for him to have put the store on vacation for a week, make all the changes and get all outstanding orders shipped before re-opening for a week or two for the sale. I suspect others placed multiple orders like I did as he discounted and, had he done it all at once, there wouldn't be as many small orders to fulfill, but fewer large ones.

I had 6 orders of which I'm still waiting for 4 to ship. The first one was marked shipped but didn't actually ship out until the following week, same with the second one. He's not really responding to messages at this point and if I'm missing a few books in an order I don't really care. At this point I just want my remaining orders to ship or for him to tell us they won't so I can file with Paypal for three of my remaining four orders, the other order is past the 45 day mark so I can't file on that. My preference is the books but I don't want to be out $70 either.

The sad part is he was going at a good rate and then it slipped to updating every other day and then the last time when I requested one and now their is absolutely nothing from him. I did get a one sentence reply the other day followed by him shipping my second order but that's about it. I try having faith in people but I also don't want to get stuck holding the bag either. How do you bulk out books if you haven't pulled everything that people ordered? That makes no sense to me. Is that part of the issue or is perhaps finding that shipping is costing more than the money he got from the orders? If so let me know and I'll pitch in some extra. Heck, I'd take him up on his offer to ship priority at this point.
lbej
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:22:12 AM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

What disturbs me the most is that 80%+ of the books missing from my orders are the variants--the high-dollar items. It seems to me that those should be on hand, not buried in back stock. A few 15-cent books here and there, I don't care about. Those $3 books add up.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
CrossbowComics
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 11:24:46 AM

Shop at My Store

You guys need to follow proper procedure & file claims, you can always cancel them later. In 9 days there will be 181 unfilled orders that will be past the 45 day limit, Don will have no obligation to ship. I honestly think he's trying to get orders out but he's moving on to a different job & leaving on less than pleasant terms so who knows. A little damage prevention is in order. Hopefully in the next day or 2 we'll get an update.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33