Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
new members Options
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:53:12 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Yeah, welcome Kevin, great name btw...I have an 8 year old daughter and a 5 year old son, so let me know if you need any suggestions on age appropriate books...
Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:58:47 AM

Groups: Member

Hey there guys!

I've been a member since February and never saw this thread.

So hey!

My name's Dan, I'm 28, soon to turn 29 (June 14th).
Got a girlfriend, no kids yet! Just bought a house in March with her!

I just got into comics world, in fact, my collection only have 11 issues haha!
ASM #70, #302, #700
Marvel Tales #28, #67
Batman The Dark Knight #0, #2, #3
Daredevil: End of Days #1
Deadpool vol. 3 #61
Ghost #0

I know nothing about comics, so I was looking for a nice community to make some friendships so I can get more informations. I also joined CCL to have access to online stores, since in Chicoutimi, there is no local comics shops.

Being Canadian, it's pretty hard to deal with US stores unfortunately. Sad

I have recently found a comic shops located in Quebec City (2 hr drive from home, my GF & I go there pretty often together)

Looking to collect New Mutants series (including #98 *drooooool*), Deadpool (would LOVE to have every issue one day), Daredevil, Cable, Cable&Deadpool, etc. I don't know much about DC Comics but would like to have some too, if I can find heroes I like.

I heard good things about Saga, Nowehere Men, peter Panzerfaust and would like to try 'em too but I know they are pretty pricey.

I met some of you guys here, and I enjoy being on the forums!

Hope to talk to you soon, and, one day maybe we could do business together is shipping fees from the US of A to Canada can be reasonable again!

padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:56:05 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Welcome aboard, Dan! Glad to have you here. I hope the forums are a place for you to learn and explore comics to your heart's content. Hey, for some of those series from Image that you'd like to check out but are pretty rare, you might try using a digital service like Comixology. That's how I read Saga from Image. Back issues are cheaper than cover price. I realize that my digital comics will have no resale value, but that's not why I'm into comics in the first place!

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 1:25:47 PM

padreglcc wrote:
Welcome aboard, Dan! Glad to have you here. I hope the forums are a place for you to learn and explore comics to your heart's content. Hey, for some of those series from Image that you'd like to check out but are pretty rare, you might try using a digital service like Comixology. That's how I read Saga from Image. Back issues are cheaper than cover price. I realize that my digital comics will have no resale value, but that's not why I'm into comics in the first place!

I have digital comics on my external HDD. I don't like that. I'm a bit materialistic so... I prefer to have the comics in my hands Big Grin
dunleavy75
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 4:54:48 PM

Welcome! I know shipping to Canada can be costly, but I did see that a store on CCL from Canada did just open recently! Definitely give them a look!

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
Peacefuldragon
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 5:25:03 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I used to love shipping to Canada. Some of my best customers are from the North. Can't beleive what the post office did to the prices....

If all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:22:44 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Peacefuldragon wrote:
I used to love shipping to Canada. Some of my best customers are from the North. Can't beleive what the post office did to the prices....

yup...
Kopfschuss
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 6:15:52 AM

dunleavy75 wrote:
Welcome! I know shipping to Canada can be costly, but I did see that a store on CCL from Canada did just open recently! Definitely give them a look!

Can't find it... ??
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 6:36:04 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Kismayaz wrote:
Hello everyone, my name is Kevin. I have never been into comics, so I am very much a noob, but I love video games, superheroes, fantasy, sci-fi, and most other nerdy stuff Nerd I have an 8 year old son who loves to play games with me and read. I've been trying to get him into comics, and in turn, have gotten myself interested. I'm probably just going to lurk around for a while and maybe join some discussions, but I will most likely have a lot of questions such as where to start and such. Right now, I've been reading some comics online and on my smartphone. I plan on finding a local comic shop here in town one of these days. I hope to become good friends with each and every one of you. Later.

Hi Kevin, welcome to CCL! That's great that you spend time with your son and introduce him to the wonderful world of comics. Hope you enjoy your time here!
Howie

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:14:39 PM

Shop at My Store

Kopfschuss wrote:
Hey there guys!

I've been a member since February and never saw this thread.

So hey!

My name's Dan, I'm 28, soon to turn 29 (June 14th).
Got a girlfriend, no kids yet! Just bought a house in March with her!

I just got into comics world, in fact, my collection only have 11 issues haha!
ASM #70, #302, #700
Marvel Tales #28, #67
Batman The Dark Knight #0, #2, #3
Daredevil: End of Days #1
Deadpool vol. 3 #61
Ghost #0

I know nothing about comics, so I was looking for a nice community to make some friendships so I can get more informations. I also joined CCL to have access to online stores, since in Chicoutimi, there is no local comics shops.

Being Canadian, it's pretty hard to deal with US stores unfortunately. Sad

I have recently found a comic shops located in Quebec City (2 hr drive from home, my GF & I go there pretty often together)

Looking to collect New Mutants series (including #98 *drooooool*), Deadpool (would LOVE to have every issue one day), Daredevil, Cable, Cable&Deadpool, etc. I don't know much about DC Comics but would like to have some too, if I can find heroes I like.

I heard good things about Saga, Nowehere Men, peter Panzerfaust and would like to try 'em too but I know they are pretty pricey.

I met some of you guys here, and I enjoy being on the forums!

Hope to talk to you soon, and, one day maybe we could do business together is shipping fees from the US of A to Canada can be reasonable again!

Hey everybody! I just wanted to let you know that I have had some personal communication with Dan (Kopfschuss) and he is a really cool, nice guy. Just getting into comics but is genuinely interested in learning more. He's going to fit in well here!

And I'm not just saying that because he's a Chicago Blackhawks fan. Although that doesn't hurt!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Derezzed
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:54:48 AM

Hi everybody

Name is Jeff I am from the merry old land of OZ(Australia).

I have been collecting comics for about 3 months. I started collecting as I have a large collection of Superman/Batman busts, statues, Hot Toys etc and I have simply run out of room so comics fill the collecting void now.

I have decided to collect just Superman in varying forms and times. So far I have managed to collect the full run of Superman: Man of Steel(no huge acheivement I know, almost the entire Doomsday, Reign Supermen run and I currently have about 150 of Superman 1939 Silver Age onwards.

I have also started buying Superman: Unchained with my 7 yr old to read and put away and hopefully he will catch the bug too.

I am hoping to complete the Superman run from Issue 100 onwards as anything below in decent condition is a huge sum.

Looking forward to getting to know people here and find a CCL store that is happy to ship to Australia and be kind with the shipping. Dancing
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:59:41 AM

Shop at My Store

Hi Jeff!

Welcome to CCL!

I just sold a bunch of comics to one of your fellow countrymen. I hate to say it, but shipping costs are out of control now. They used to be much lower but now, whew!

The cost for 31 comics, the cheapest way possible, was $60. So I sent him two Flat Rate Envelopes at $24 a piece. Forty-eight bucks is still expensive but a little more manageable. If you don't need the comics to be bagged and boarded then I can fit around 20 books in one envelope.

I also just listed for sale 200+ Superman comics!

Feel free to send me a PM if you are interested in anything from my store and I will try to work something out.

Thanks! Enjoy your time here.

Howie

Hall Liquidations

jhorsley3
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:32:28 AM

Shop at My Store

I suppose I should introduce myself here.

Name is John.

I'm 31 years old and from Seattle, WA.

Married with 4 kids (2 boys, 2 girls) and my 5th kid due in December (a boy, and our last)

I've been collecting comics for nearly my whole life. My dad collected comics from when he was a kid in the 50's up until he died last year. All of my kids read and collect comics as well, and since there are 4 (almost 5) I tend to buy a lot of comics.

I ran an online comic book store from 2001-2007 that was very successful (ranked #1 in eBay collectible category a few times) and it supported myself, my sister and her family (husband and kid) and paid to send us to San Diego Comic Con 3 times. Had to stop to take care of my dad when he got cancer, then I met my wife got married and had kids and got a real job working in the software world.

These days I collect mostly Superman, but a wide variety of DC Comics.

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

Like our facebook page: Th3 Comics
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:56:17 AM

Shop at My Store

jhorsley3 wrote:

Name is John.

Married with 4 kids (2 boys, 2 girls) and my 5th kid due in December (a boy, and our last)

I've been collecting comics for nearly my whole life. My dad collected comics from when he was a kid in the 50's up until he died last year. All of my kids read and collect comics as well, and since there are 4 (almost 5) I tend to buy a lot of comics.

I ran an online comic book store from 2001-2007 that was very successful (ranked #1 in eBay collectible category a few times) and it supported myself, my sister and her family (husband and kid) and paid to send us to San Diego Comic Con 3 times. Had to stop to take care of my dad when he got cancer, then I met my wife got married and had kids and got a real job working in the software world.

Hey, are you going to the Rose City Comic Con in Portland in September?
CrossbowComics
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:13:28 AM

Shop at My Store

jhorsley3 wrote:

Name is John.

Cool, you'll fit right in. Neat that you were a power seller too. I took an 18 year "real world" break & re-started the hobby as an adult, perhaps you will do the same. It's a little slow around here right now, we're waiting on some site updates, good place to bookmark though, can find some good deals here too.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

jhorsley3
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:04:21 PM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:

Hey, are you going to the Rose City Comic Con in Portland in September?

Yeah, I should be there. I used to be a dealer there when I ran the shop.

I also forgot to mention I used to write/draw comics as well.

Like our facebook page: Th3 Comics
BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:19:50 AM

I just realized I never introduced myself here -- Ok Then.

Hi, I'm Bruce

I hate comics and all things comic related due to the fact it keeps me from amassing any kind of wealth from purchasing so much of it.

What I buy depends on my mood as it changes frequently.

Current Projects:

Red Sonja (Dynamite)
Zorro (All to include Dell/Gold Key)
Image Comics (Pre-Shattered Image)
Dark Horse Heroes (The New Sh*t)
DC Animated Videos

I also like long walks on the beach - puppies - and peeking through bedroom windows at night.

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

icarus201
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:25:02 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Hi, Bruce and John. An official welcome to you, Bruce. Thanks for stopping by in Games to give me some company and competition.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:28:44 AM

icarus201 wrote:
Hi, Bruce and John. An official welcome to you, Bruce. Thanks for stopping by in Games to give me some company and competition.

Thank You Icky Laughing (Like the nickname?) - I would be playing more but I need to refresh the noggin' - I seem to be repeating myself on some of those games - but when I return I'll pull out something to make you go - "What The... That's not real - let me Google that!" Devil

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

Rex_Kramer
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:41:50 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Howdy!

I'm 44, from the California Bay Area and have been collecting off and on since age 7. I don't have any particular tastes but I'm drawn to books from older collections I once had or basically stuff I grew up on in the 70's and 80's.

My first collection was sold to buy my first car at age 17. After that, it wasn't until I was in my mid-20's that I started up again. I divorced in 1997 and left my then-current collection of roughly 1,000 books to my 3-year-old son...just walked away from everything (material possesions, not my kids!).

Fast forward to 2011 and my grown son wants to move in with me. Guess what he brings with him? No, not 1,000 or so books...about 150, lol. So much for court orders. His mom had secretly sold off anything of value and my boy just never paid attention since he had no real love of comics. He gave me back one short box with mostly 90's JLA, so I started off my new collection with that. I'm currently back to just under 1,100, I just wish I had the time to read 'em all.