Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Aphrodite IX Options
ukblueky
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:46:35 PM

Groups: Member

Anyone else read this FCBD book? If so what did you think?
I absolutely loved it. I found the story fast paced and intriguing. I am also a fan of Sejic's art but I know there are plenty of people that don't care for it. I will be buying this book once it hits shelves.

padreglcc
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:50:59 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

I loved the original series, but wasn't planning to pick this up since it's a different creative team. But after reading the FCBD issue, I think I'll give it a try.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:12:57 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Far too much fantasy for my tastes. It's got a bit of a Thundaar vibe (which should mean I like it), but the writing didn't grab me at all and I really couldn't tell the difference between the different tribes/sects of humans. Not surprising since I find Sejic's computer art far too generic and static in sequential art. He does some really interesting single panel stuff here but I've never been an overall fan.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Nick18313
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:28:24 PM

I loved it. Sejic is my favorite artist. I was disappointed when he left Artifacts. I'm so glad to see him on this.

Pull List: Aphrodite IX, Artifacts, Cyberforce, Darkness, Witchblade, All New X-Factor, All New X-Men, Magneto, Uncanny X-Men, X-Force
Shizz
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2013 3:17:53 PM

I just got caught up on this book this week. Read issues 1-4 and I am loving it!!! Much better than the original mini and that one was great as well. Sejic is as awesome artist. I think this is the best stuff of his that I have seen yet, and some of the covers.....Drooling

I love the fantasy/sci-fi world. I hope this is an ongoing not just a limited run.
Khaine
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2013 9:19:31 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

I've been enjoying it, I really like the art. I missed issue 4 my LCS didn't pull it for me while i was away so I ordered it from symbiotikcomics on CCL.

I like the 12 little indians vibe its got going on, just not how clueless everyone is to the fact that people are dropping like flies ever since the green hair hottie came into town....