Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL is back! Who ya got? Options
Kopfschuss
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 6:09:10 AM

Groups: Member

But I am happy game #2 is in the afternoon, I'll be able to watch without a problem... Girlfriend is working on Saturday :)
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 9:44:21 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Stupid Red Wings. Ruined my Saturday.

I think it may have been my fault. My Playoff Beard was growing into my mouth so I trimmed it a little. Probably jinxed the team. Well, with apologies to my girlfriend, no razor will come close to my face for the remainder of the Blackhawks playoff run. I don't care if I look like Grizzly Adams, there will not be a strand of hair harmed.

Let's take two in Detroit and then eliminate the Red Wings in the United Center!

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
Kopfschuss
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 3:46:52 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Stupid Red Wings. Ruined my Saturday.

I think it may have been my fault. My Playoff Beard was growing into my mouth so I trimmed it a little. Probably jinxed the team. Well, with apologies to my girlfriend, no razor will come close to my face for the remainder of the Blackhawks playoff run. I don't care if I look like Grizzly Adams, there will not be a strand of hair harmed.

Let's take two in Detroit and then eliminate the Red Wings in the United Center!

F*** man! You jinxed it!

No... the Hawks sucked yesterday. They could not even shot on the net. They got 20 shots in Gm #2, 42 in Gm #1. They got pwned by Detroit's forecheck, I really hope they fix this.

Cap'n Toews was (banned) off at the refs. He took a cross check from Zetterberg right in the head, in front of the net... no call! However, I know my Hawks can be stronger coming from a loss at home... I,m pretty sure it's gonna be a helluva game #3. Hopefully, a big big win for the Hawks!

GO HAWKS!!!

P.S. Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, I love your banner... wish I had one!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 11:32:53 AM

Shop at My Store

Uh-Oh!

I am on record saying that I wanted the Red Wings in the playoffs. Guess you should be careful what you wish for. I think someone needs to check the level of the rink in Detroit, seems like the ice was tilted in the Wings favor all night.

Hawks had their chances, came out strong in the first period but no goals to show for it. Bad call by the ref on the overturned goal that would have tied it but you can't use that as an excuse. There was still plenty of time to get back in the game. Detroit looked faster and stronger in the last two periods.

Must win on Thursday for Chicago.

How about the Ottawa Senators gutsy win against the Penguins the other night! Just when I thought the series was basically over they pull something out of their @$$ and get back into it. What was the Pen's coach thinking at the end of the 3rd period? Score on a power play and the game, and series, is over. But instead it looked like they were playing not to lose, which is fine I guess, but why not put 4 defensemen on the ice instead of mostly forwards? One short-handed goal with an empty net at the other end later and here we go!

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Hall Liquidations
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:05:09 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
it looked like they were playing not to lose,

The "prevent" defense is very rarely a smart move in any sport. Why change what has got you to the point you are with the lead in the closing minutes? So frustrating. See it more often in football when a team plays the prevent defense. Prevent what exactly? Prevent your supporters from being comfortable? Prevent them from not coming close to a heart attack? It's easy to coach from the couch and these guys apparently know what they're doing since they're getting paid many times more than me to coach.

That "prevent" approach killed the Preds back in the 2009-2010 season against the Blackhawks. They too had a power play and the lead with the chance to go up 3-2 in the series. Instead of pressing they screw around and Erat passes it right to Chicago for them to tie the game and win it in overtime to take the lead in the series. Preds never recovered and lost game six and the series at home. Blackhawks went on to win the Cup and get Howie that banner he has in the post above.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:43:27 PM

Shop at My Store

jbeeman85 wrote:
That "prevent" approach killed the Preds back in the 2009-2010 season against the Blackhawks. They too had a power play and the lead with the chance to go up 3-2 in the series. Instead of pressing they screw around and Erat passes it right to Chicago for them to tie the game and win it in overtime to take the lead in the series. Preds never recovered and lost game six and the series at home. Blackhawks went on to win the Cup and get Howie that banner he has in the post above.

Thanks for remembering, Jeremy! Actually, my brother Joe who lives in Nashville and is a Predator season ticket holder still won't forgive me for that!

Hockey is a strange sport. Blackhawks go all season without losing two in a row and then Bam! The playoffs are a whole different season. It doesn't matter how good a team has been, it's all about how good you are now.

Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:13:15 PM

Shop at My Store

Freaking out right now.

Blackhawks need a win. Not that the series is over if they lose but...

Let's Go Hawks!

Hall Liquidations
Kopfschuss
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 7:24:16 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Freaking out right now.

Blackhawks need a win. Not that the series is over if they lose but...

Let's Go Hawks!

Wow!

Zetterberg is really messing with Toews' mind... it'll cost us the series!

I can't believe this team can't win faceoffs, can't play on PP and can't score on Jimmy Howard.

He is having a helluva series (Howard). Unfortunately for us.

I don't think we can win 3 in a row against a team who're playing SO GOOD lately. Anaheim, and then, Chicago. They're on a mission.

I'm freaking mad at the Hawks at the moment... We're not getting hammered but how the f*** we can't score? Hitting posts doesn't count as a goal...

Where are Kane, Hosse, Sharp, Toews, Keith, Seabrook? Where the f*** are you guys?!
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 8:06:02 AM

It seems more and more that winning the President's Trophy is the kiss of death in the NHL. Only 7 times since the trophy was first awarded in 1985 has the winner won the Cup.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 11:22:14 AM

Shop at My Store

I was really hoping that the Penguins would man up and win the President's Trophy but, noooo!

It's like I said on this forum a couple months ago after the Blackhawks didn't lose in regulation for like 30 games or something: It means nothing unless you finish with the Cup hoisted over your head.

After Game 1 I think the Hawks figured "Hey, we don't even have to try to beat those guys". Wrong. It's the playoffs. You can't take a game off. Heck, you can't even take a shift off!

I just hope they don't lay an egg on Saturday. My playoff beard must live on!

Detroit won three in a row, so can Chicago! Keep the faith.

Go Hawks, Go!

Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 5:48:37 PM

Shop at My Store

So tonight my playoff beard either lives on or I smash my TV!

Hawks have got to look better. I want to see them come out strong and put Detroit on it's heels. Maybe chase Howard early. Well, they can only win one game at a time. Bring it back to Chicago with momentum and who knows?

Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:33:36 AM

Shop at My Store

Now that's what I'm talking about! If the Hawks had played like that in the last few games they wouldn't be in this position. We'll see if any momentum carries over into Game 6 and hopefully there will be a Game 7 in Chicago!

Who do y'all like to make the Finals from the East? I think it's going to be Pittsburgh but Boston has been looking great since they stole that game in Toronto. I'll root for the Original Six team!

Hall Liquidations
crunchbird
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:42:01 AM

I think the Penguins are better on the ice, the Bruins might be more solid in goal, should be a good series. I'll tale Pittsburgh in seven.

Can anyone figure out that California series though? I thought this was San Jose's year but LA is a playoff team.
Kopfschuss
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 6:09:34 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Now that's what I'm talking about! If the Hawks had played like that in the last few games they wouldn't be in this position. We'll see if any momentum carries over into Game 6 and hopefully there will be a Game 7 in Chicago!

Who do y'all like to make the Finals from the East? I think it's going to be Pittsburgh but Boston has been looking great since they stole that game in Toronto. I'll root for the Original Six team!

Bro, if they played that way for the first 4 games. It'd be over.

It's easy to know that Howard can't stop everything. You have to take numerous shots at him to beat him. That's what they did. 45 shots.

NOW! What we need is: Kane, Toews (again!), Sharp & Hossa to step up, and the rest will follow. When you have those guys in the lineup who aren't performing, the others feel more pressure to perform. When the leaders are playing great, the bottom 6 guys will also play great.

Go Hawks Go! I believe in them! My girlfriend told me yesterday "We definitely watching game 6 tonight". "Are you kidding" I responded. And she said in French "Criss que non" which means "(banned) no!"

That 'a girl!Big Hug
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:01:00 AM

Shop at My Store

Is it safe to open my eyes and start breathing again?

What a game! Wow, I was not feeling good going into the 3rd period. The penalty shot call was a little iffy I think, even though it was in the Blackhawks favor. I thought they were offsides on the go-ahead goal but when I saw that Franzen passed the puck back into Detroit's end I realized that would cancel the offsides.

Game 7 Wednesday can't get here soon enough! I thought the Hawks got a lot of momentum but the Wings were coming on strong at the end.

Go Hawks, Go!

Hall Liquidations
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:57:35 AM

Two game 7's in the West, what more could you ask for? Of course, if you're a fan of any of the teams involved what you would prefer is that your team swept their opponent for the benefit of your heart health, but for those of us whose teams are no longer playing, this is great. Game 7, the most exciting, breath-taking, frustrating, heart attack inducing event in sports.
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:58:51 AM

I think LA will win tonight and Chicago tomorrow night. No reason on either, just a gut feeling.

In the East I am going with Pittsburgh in 6.
Kopfschuss
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:23:00 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Is it safe to open my eyes and start breathing again?

What a game! Wow, I was not feeling good going into the 3rd period. The penalty shot call was a little iffy I think, even though it was in the Blackhawks favor. I thought they were offsides on the go-ahead goal but when I saw that Franzen passed the puck back into Detroit's end I realized that would cancel the offsides.

Game 7 Wednesday can't get here soon enough! I thought the Hawks got a lot of momentum but the Wings were coming on strong at the end.

Go Hawks, Go!

Handzus' goal man... MICHAL HANDZUS, wow!

Also, Michael Frolik with his Penalty shot goal, that was amazing. he reminds me when I saw him when he was a Junior player with Rimouski Océanic. He was awesome. The dude is a PK God, I mean it!

Toews had two assists, played very very well! I thought Zetterberg had him out of the series after Game 4.

GO HAWKS GO!!

I really hope United Center will be LOUD!!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:11:21 PM

Shop at My Store

GAME SEVEN!!!!

HAWKS vs WINGS!!!

Doesn't get much better than this. Last time they can face each other in the playoffs other than the Stanley Cup Finals (thanks stupid realignmentAt Wits' End ).

Obviously I am desperately hoping for a Chicago win but I just really want to see a great game.

If this is my last post ever it will be because of cardiac arrest...so I hope to be back tomorrow!

Go Hawks, Go!

Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:51:09 PM

Shop at My Store

Overtime! Are you kidding me?!

Why was that not a goal?

Here's my heart right now:

Bump...bump.....bump...

Hall Liquidations