Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
invalid username password Options
xandarr2000
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 12:26:38 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

No matter what I do it keeps telling me invalid username password. I have paid for the sub on the desktop format and use the same account credentials for the phone app but it keeps telling me incorrect login/password/ I have tried searching the forums and a google search will show a few people have had this exact same issue, but I don't see any solutions posted. I tried changing the password on the website as well, just to be safe but that did not give me any luck either.

At some point, I fully expect to be found in my comic room covered in an avalanche of four color goodness!
Jim
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 1:17:25 PM

Groups: Member

The Android app uses the same credentials that you use here on CCL. If you have any special characters in your password you might try resetting it to something simpler.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
xandarr2000
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 1:54:49 PM

Yes, I have done that, at this point unless a number is considered a unusual character I'm not sure what to do.
I go into the app, it has the 4 selections for username, which I enter the correct username. The next tab is password, which I enter that in, making sure its the same as the one I use for logging into my account here. Then I set it up to show 10 entries. After that I go to wishlist option, and it pauses for about 2 seconds loads up and says incorrect username or password and loads up another version of the 4 tab screen with preferences username password , etc on it. It will just keep making duplicates of that 4 tab page and giving the error, In fact if I hit the back key I will keep going back to another version of the 4 tab screen, one for every attempt, until finally it backs out completely. I have a Motorola HTC phone. It uses android 2.1 + most recent updates just in case that was a question. For sake of argument i changed the password to all one format...and it still says "Your comic collector live.com Username and Password is missing or incorrect." This is so frustrating, I was hoping to go to the comic store with the App in place so I didnt have to kill a tree printing up my wishlist.

At some point, I fully expect to be found in my comic room covered in an avalanche of four color goodness!
Jim
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 4:30:23 PM

Hm, that is interesting. I'll look into it as soon as I get home from work this evening. Sorry for the trouble.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
xandarr2000
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 10:16:15 AM

So going on a few days now, still cannot use the app I paid for. Wondering if there has been any progress with a solution?

Jim
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 10:55:30 AM

xandarr2000 wrote:
Yes, I have done that, at this point unless a number is considered a unusual character I'm not sure what to do.
I go into the app, it has the 4 selections for username, which I enter the correct username. The next tab is password, which I enter that in, making sure its the same as the one I use for logging into my account here. Then I set it up to show 10 entries. After that I go to wishlist option, and it pauses for about 2 seconds loads up and says incorrect username or password and loads up another version of the 4 tab screen with preferences username password , etc on it. It will just keep making duplicates of that 4 tab page and giving the error, In fact if I hit the back key I will keep going back to another version of the 4 tab screen, one for every attempt, until finally it backs out completely. I have a Motorola HTC phone. It uses android 2.1 + most recent updates just in case that was a question. For sake of argument i changed the password to all one format...and it still says "Your comic collector live.com Username and Password is missing or incorrect." This is so frustrating, I was hoping to go to the comic store with the App in place so I didnt have to kill a tree printing up my wishlist.

Rereading this it looks like there may be an incompatibility issue with your device. There should only be a text box for username, a textbox for password and a text box for page size. When I load the app up on my 2.1 emulator I can't get a repro of what you're describing though. I'll keep looking.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
xandarr2000
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:56:08 PM

Well I just came up on my upgrade window for my phone as it is about 2 years old little older, So I have a new one coming in the mail. I hope it works with that phone as I love the app but hauling a binder filled with wish lists is not very practical when your handicapped as it is. Heck your lucky if you can even get in most comic book stores anymore with a wheelchair.

xandarr2000
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 5:50:12 PM

Okay so, same issue invalid username and password on my brand new motorola razer phone. When I look at the google play reviews this problem is repeated over and over by other users. So I know im not the only one. I just spent the better part of a month recataloging all my comics in order to use this phone for wishlist purposes. I bought a brand new phone. I think the issue is with your software. I see WAY to many people complaining about the exact same issue as I am having. I even went in and changed my password to something completely stupid that could not be entered wrong, just to see if it would work. It does not. My sub is up in August, 39 days and counting. At this point if I cannot get it to work I will not be resubbing. You have no idea how infuriating it is to try to go around and inventory 35000 comics so you can make use of an app on a phone to make your life a little easier due to your physical handicaps. I am completely angry now. Everything is updated the phone is 1 day old and it was made less then 5 months ago. Completely ridiculous.

Jim
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 6:02:59 PM

Xandarr2000, I have nearly 1200 people using the Windows Phone 7, Android (GooglePlay), and Android (AmazonService) apps. Out of all of those users four, including yourself, have described this problem. One user was simply inputting the wrong username thinking he had use his email address. So that leave three folks with this issue.

So far I have not been able to repro the problem on my emulators or either of my two physical devices. I have a Galaxy Nexus - Android 4.2.2 and a Samsung Galaxy S - Android 2.1

I do not discount the fact that you are having a problem or that there may be a bug, but if I can't repro it I can't fix it because I have no idea what's wrong. I could be that you didn't give the app permissions to access your phones storage or that you don't have connectivity to authenticate or a bug in the way credential are stored that I'm just not aware of yet.

I'm sorry that you're so frustrated. I certainly would be too. But I'm doing the best I can to help.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Jim
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 6:21:31 PM

I just looked in the database and there is no evidence that your device even tried to connect. Your IP Address isn't in the client token table and neither is your Member Profile Id. It seems like your device isn't connecting to the CCL database for some reason...

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
ISZA
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 2:30:16 AM

Hi,
I downloaded and installed on my phone. I get the same message as handle or password is not correct. Attempted password changes and etc. as previous member mentioned here. Was there any result from seeing phone no accessing ccl server.
thanks
izzy adam alvarado
Jim
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 12:22:55 PM

Just a heads up on this issue; While I was working on the next version of the app I was able to finally get a repro but moving up the lowest allowable version of the Android SDK. It turns out that earlier version of Android, v3.2(API 13) and lower, have a different behavior than V4.0(API 14) and higher. As soon as I finish testing backward compatibility of the fix I'll release an update so that folks with newer device version will no longer experience this issue.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Jim
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 8:51:58 AM

v1.2.0 is released with this bug (hopefully) fixed. If anyone still experiences this issue please let me know.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app