Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Geocaching? Options
kevscomics
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 3:58:54 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Anybody out there every go geocaching? Went this weekend for the first time, had a lot of fun, I actually might be addicted...
jhorsley3
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:13:01 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I have no idea what that is.

Like our facebook page: Th3 Comics
kevscomics
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:33:00 PM

There's an app for it on phones, but basically it's kind of like treasure hunting, people will hide a small cache, they are all over the place, sometimes it's as small as a test tube with just a log to sign, kind of an "I found it" type of thing, sometimes it's an ammo box with different items in it where you take something and leave something and of course sign the log. Of course the app marks what you have found or which ones you went to but couldn't find. It was my wife's idea and I had way more fun than I ever expected. The kids liked it too. Almost like hunting for the hidden immunity idols on Survivor.
rook68
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:08:32 PM

Groups: Member

What? That sounds awesome. On the other hand; in the hands of the wrong person. Could be dangerous. But that is the fatherly side of me speaking out. Is it monitored in anyway?

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 7:19:31 AM

rook68 wrote:
What? That sounds awesome. On the other hand; in the hands of the wrong person. Could be dangerous. But that is the fatherly side of me speaking out. Is it monitored in anyway?

I am not sure how it could be monitored, I never thought of the danger side, of course now you have me thinking... You can take a look at geocaching.com. It's very fun, the ones we have gone after (and I think this is kind of a standard rule) have all been in public places like State park, local parks, cemeteries... places that you don't have to worry about trespassing. Like I said the coolest one that we found was an ammo box buried under some rocks off a trail in a state park that is 10 minutes from my house. It had all kinds of little treasures(junk mostly) in it, but my son took a hot wheels car from it and replaced it with one of his toys.

Another cool one that we found, you had to go to the Monument in the state park(which commemorates a revolutionary war battle), and you had to use information from the monument to get a new set of coordinates, then you used those coordinates to actually find the cache. I felt very Nicholas Cage in National Treasure.