Welcome Guest Active Topics
Comic Collector Live 2013 Updates/Community FAQ Options
spacecitycomics
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 2:40:09 PM

Groups: Member

EDITED BECAUSE, just because

Steve,
Forgive me if this is in the incorrect spot, but I would thank you
and Joe both for helping me several times in the past.
As to what I would like to see in the future of CCL.
A. Time and date signatures on ALL messages, notes, sales, PM's, reviews, etc. etc..
B. A more versatile choice of particulars for my store. IE:, the ability
to choose background color, the ability to expand or contract the columns of featured / shelf items.
C. Advertising advertising advertising advertising advertising, and
ebay going belly up.
D. Use a new messageboard so that I can modernize my ad. Take Pat's
ad just as an example. 97 pages of the same thing. And no slap at Pat,
but that is pretty much all we as sellers can do. It is basically standing in the crowd at a rock concert, jumping up and down at the buyer
on stage that is our customer. For some reason when I see a huge herd
of cattle, that is all I can think about.
E.The forum needs to be UBB AND html compatible. Loosen up the restrictions on not allowing links to the outside world. This would be
a bit on 1995 thinking. And YES, you will have to have a monitor to check
damn near every post for really nasty links. Other forums have people that
police for the general good of all. Give the job and a title to someone that is constantly on the forum. GROW THE FORUM.
F. And a section to practice post. I'm trying to put a sale together. You
can only imagine the frustration of trying to do what can't be done.
Thanks for the time.
Phil
jhorsley3
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 8:49:58 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

spacecitycomics wrote:

Steve,
A. Time and date signatures on ALL messages, notes, sales, PM's, reviews, etc. etc..
to choose background color, the ability to expand or contract the columns of featured / shelf items.
ebay going belly up.
but that is pretty much all we as sellers can do. It is basically standing in the crowd at a rock concert, jumping up and down at the buyer
E.The forum needs to be UBB AND html compatible. Loosen up the restrictions on not allowing links to the outside world. This would be
police for the general good of all. Give the job and a title to someone that is constantly on the forum. GROW THE FORUM.
Thanks for the time.
Phil

Ditto.
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 1:52:06 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

spacecitycomics wrote:

Steve,

It's what I do. Hopefully I can still be of some benefit to you guys still, my friend!

spacecitycomics wrote:

I thought there was a date and time stamp on private messages and reviews...but honestly, I'd have to double check. Everything doesn't have them, but could probably use them.

spacecitycomics wrote:

I don't know how customizable the store front itself will be (i.e. contracting columns, etc..) however, I have been a STRONG supporter of being able to color change and personalize your storefront so it stands out from others. The closest I was able to get in this regard on the current site was a quick programming update a few years back where stores could "hijack" the leaderboard banner space on their storefront page and put a banner of their own there. I'm all for customizable storefronts, because I'm a store too. Since the new site(s) is being designed with DOT NET NUKE in mind, there may be some customizing that can be done on an individual basis...since the site will be able to be easily changed.

spacecitycomics wrote:
ebay going belly up.

You won't hear me argue there. Just help me build up some ad revenue so we can put another $30K ad in MARVEL ;)

spacecitycomics wrote:

THAT you should see a dramatic change in. In our plan you will be able to market your storefront directly to customers that have "favorited" you, via text message, e-mail, few other ways as well. We are a DIGITAL MARKETING company and honestly, we've sucked at digitally marketing CCL. lol

spacecitycomics wrote:

That one you'll probably have to convince both Joe and myself of. More people to monitor the forums means less spamming, but we also need to be careful what our own members post (i.e. outside links to FEEBAY, etc). But remember, we're ok with outside links if they contribute to the thread in some way...but anything SPAM-LIKE, we frown upon.

spacecitycomics wrote:
Thanks for the time.
Phil

I'm not sure what the last thing is. Explain, please :)

Other than that, I hope I've answered some of your questions/concerns as best as I can!

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 1:53:14 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

spacecitycomics wrote:

Steve,
ebay going belly up.
Thanks for the time.
Phil

OH. And why don't you hook me up with a really nice copy of one of those HULK #181s for my personal collection at an affordable price? :)

jhorsley3
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:36:05 AM

Shop at My Store

Just want to re-iterate how much of an improvement it would be if you could have multiple collections in the software.

The use case is this:

I have multiple collections in my household.

Mine
My son
my other son
my other other son
my daughter
my other daughter
my store

I want these all separate so I can see what their collections need as some titles do over lap (both daughters collect Wonder Woman, all my sons and be collect Super Boy and Jimmy Olsen)

As it sits right now, I can't use the software for my personal collections so I use a custom excel file I wrote. I can only use it for the store, which is great and all. But I would like it all in one place.
DRUMCZAR
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 1:50:47 AM

Shop at My Store

jhorsley3 wrote:
Just want to re-iterate how much of an improvement it would be if you could have multiple collections in the software.

The use case is this:

I have multiple collections in my household.

Mine
My son
my other son
my other other son
my daughter
my other daughter
my store

I want these all separate so I can see what their collections need as some titles do over lap (both daughters collect Wonder Woman, all my sons and be collect Super Boy and Jimmy Olsen)

As it sits right now, I can't use the software for my personal collections so I use a custom excel file I wrote. I can only use it for the store, which is great and all. But I would like it all in one place.

John,

I definitely agree. I also have a quite extensive excel Home grown DB for my collection, which I use to keep track of pertanent Info I may need when listing books. I only have 1/2 of my books listed in my store & use Excel to keep track of it.

I'm Not sure if this will help, but in the mean Time you can go to the "My Collection" tab; Click on the "My Views" tab; Click on "Manage Views"; & then Choose "Custom Fields" & create a field for each collection or a make single field & put in the name on each of the books identifying its ownwership. You can create up to 10 Custom Fields & can sort/Query within the field. It's not a cure all but can help you sort the Chaos a little

I use it for Identifying Signed & Certified books, or duplicates, etc. The major drawback is that once a book is physically listed in a store. CCL won't let you edit these Custom Fields or add scans. You have to delist the book, do your Edit or scan, & then relist it. At Wits' End

Good Luck!

ADC

PEACE!+

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 2:49:51 AM

Shop at My Store

DRUMCZAR wrote:
The major drawback is that once a book is physically listed in a store. CCL won't let you edit these Custom Fields or add scans. You have to delist the book, do your Edit or scan, & then relist it. At Wits' End

Actually you can add scans through "items for sale", you just have to change the price or condition at the same time you add the scans, else it won't take. I can't explain why it works that way, but that's the trick.

also top rated plus with all 5.0's as ideaman33
grading guaranteed within 1/2 point
jhorsley3
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 8:53:36 AM

Shop at My Store

I might try that. But is there a way to "only view" those with the tag? I've tried the custom tags and was not impressed.

If I only managed one collected, the software would be perfect.
Tamwood
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:14:51 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Would it be possible to add a "lock" feature to titles within our personal software databases? I get tired of having to go through every title to remove the folders for all the (to me) stupid (non) variants like UK/Canadian price covers, or the Whitmans, or what have you.

I'd much rather be able to lock my Action Comics title. Or my Amazing Spider-Man title, so that all these new "variants" that are being added over time don't pop up in my database.

Edit: And another thing. When the notification pop-up pops up, could we get a way for the system to tell us WHO just listed a book on our wishlist?
Flagwaver
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:56:03 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I completely agree. It gets so frustrating to go through and clear out all those UK/Canadian/Whitman non-variants only to see them pop up again a month or so later. I can understand the Whitman, but why would anyone care about the foreign price covers. Don't they have the US price on them as well? As for the notification pop-up, I wish you could turn that feature off. To me, that is the most useless feature of the CCL software. It ticks me off when I am in the process of doing something when eveything stops because of that pop-up. I'm sorry, I am NOT going to drop everything just to see ONE book on my list that has been listed. Either eliminate it or give us the option to shut it off.
Okfas
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 2:48:22 PM
Groups: Member

Do you guys ship to canada and if so which option is it? Because each option I read states US only.
Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 3:21:01 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I'm not quite sure who you're asking about shipping to Canada, but the site doesn't set shipping rates or options. That's up to the individual stores.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 3:42:03 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Okfas wrote:
Do you guys ship to canada and if so which option is it? Because each option I read states US only.

Hi Jeff, welcome to Comic Collector Live!

My store, Hall of Heroes, ships to Canada. Click on the link to the left saying Shop at my Store and you will be directed there. Happy hunting!
Howie

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
DRUMCZAR
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 3:43:17 AM

Shop at My Store

Hey Jeff,

WELCOME TO CCL!!! I also ship to Canada & will provide you with FREE Insurance & Tracking.

Come visit my store's 17,000 plus Inventory of Silver to Modern Age Comics.

Yor Patronage & Support is Always Appreciated & Welcome!

ADC

PEACE!+

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
Markus465
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 3:02:21 PM

I don't know if this has been answered but how about getting that Age Verification system in so I can actually see ALL the covers in my collection (adult and otherwise) and not just the standard stuff?

If it'll help, I'll say, "please?" Winking
Flagwaver
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 5:12:11 PM

I'll say pretty please with sugar on top. I'm 41 years old and don't need anything "sanitized for my protection."
ReneeRutherford
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 3:24:57 AM

I purchased the software and am really pleased with the comic book aspect, but, I have started collecting Funko Pop Vinyls, ComicCon Exclusives, Vinylmation, etc. I am very new to the software, so it is possible that I do not know how to add my items, but I have done searches on what I do have and it always comes up empty. It would be a nice feature to be able to add collectibles, including photos that someone has that are not in the mainstream. I also have a fairly large collection of comic books, and a Barcode Scanner would really make it faster and easier to input info.
Here is a list of some of the collectibles I would like to have in this software.

Funko characters
Disney Vinylmation characters
Vinyl Collectibles
Toy Collectibles
Figure collectibles
Mad Magazine Collectibles

I also have a very large knofe and sword collection from Movies such as The Hobbit, Conan, etc.
Thank you so much.