Welcome Guest Active Topics
Recent Comic Book Pick Ups... Options
CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:45:56 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
Applause nice! looking good. my ASM collecting has slowed down to almost none as cash is getting tight Crying so i love seeing your posts man

Yea my buying has severely slowed down as well, I miss having 4-5 packages a day come in, now I am lucky if I get 5 a week. And it is only going to get slower since I fund all my buys on what I can make off ebay and been slow lately.

But thanks :), Like you I love reading these posts and wish I could branch out from Spidey. I would love to have a complete Cerebus, TMNT and Tick collection as well.

Cerebus would be a fun one, they just get tougher to find the lower you go. Great reading in the early days when it was pretty much just a Conan spoof.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

Tamwood
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:57:28 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I picked up a decent handful of the '84 Turtles run (about 30 issues or so) recently. I liked the look of the art in the few I flipped through. Decided to pick it up.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:00:28 PM

Groups: Member

i love the art from first series too. mainly few i try to collect the Eastman variants of the current series.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:52:14 PM

Shop at My Store

Tamwood wrote:
I picked up a decent handful of the '84 Turtles run (about 30 issues or so) recently. I liked the look of the art in the few I flipped through. Decided to pick it up.

Good move, a lot of the later issues in that run are getting fairly scarce & valuable. I snag them any time I can get them at a decent price, which isn't often.

jmbarnes101
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 2:56:50 PM

I picked up Nightwing 2 (1996) for $1 and a nice run of Abnett and Lanning's Legion (9-26, 28, 32-33, SF&O 3003) for $6.75. I just need a few more regular series issues, Legion Worlds 4-6, and most of their end to Legionnaires and LOSH and the series will be ready to be bound. I also picked up Quicksilver 12 and Catwoman Annual 4 along with some other things for 50 cents each.
rook68
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 5:29:25 PM

Does anyone on CCL post their comic book hauls on Utube? I have been watching some guys and gals show their comic book finds on video. Some of them are better than others. Pretty entertaining stuff.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 5:55:26 PM

rook68 wrote:
Does anyone on CCL post their comic book hauls on Utube? I have been watching some guys and gals show their comic book finds on video. Some of them are better than others. Pretty entertaining stuff.

I also have been watching the same thing. I enjoy looking at their finds as well as vast knowledge some of the Youtubers are.

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 6:57:52 PM

what guys do you watch? i watch livingdeadcomics but hes kind of a D bag.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 4:23:26 AM

Shop at My Store

Although I enjoy this thread, I don't usually post my recent pick ups since everything I get almost always goes directly back into my store here. But I'll share this one since it's not in the database yet:

Found this at a local shop in their fifty cent magazine box. At first glance, it's just your average sci-fi mag from the '70s. Wasn't until I got it home that I noticed the nice signature on the side of the cover by none other than Boris Vallejo!

Not a usual attendee of Stateside comic shows, so I was pretty stoked to see that.
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 11:40:29 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Thundercron wrote:
Although I enjoy this thread, I don't usually post my recent pick ups since everything I get almost always goes directly back into my store here. But I'll share this one since it's not in the database yet:

Found this at a local shop in their fifty cent magazine box. At first glance, it's just your average sci-fi mag from the '70s. Wasn't until I got it home that I noticed the nice signature on the side of the cover by none other than Boris Vallejo!

Not a usual attendee of Stateside comic shows, so I was pretty stoked to see that.

Very cool. Boris is a master at his craft! That's awesome you got that signature. Applause

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
4saken1
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 11:49:47 PM

Shop at My Store

Yes, just to reiterate what BurningDoom said - what an outstanding cover, all that much better that it is a signed copy!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

jmbarnes101
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 11:49:10 PM

My local bookstore got a couple new comic boxes in and I went through them today. All were marked at 1/2 off cover.

I picked up Madballs 4 for 50 cents. The best part though were the nice runs of Rom and Defenders that I found in VF or better condition. I was able to pick up Rom 10-25, 56-57, and 73-75 and Annuals 1-2 and 4. Defenders was 99, 101-113, and then all but a few issues from 120-152. All of this cost about $18. Probably not the best deal ever but I was pretty happy. The Rom issues will probably end up on EBay.
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 4:13:16 AM

Just purchased the first 4 issues of Doom 2099, X-Factor Forever #1-5, and Thunderbolts (1997) #1 here on CCL.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 6:53:05 PM

Check out what came with my order of comics! How cool is that?!

It's a little rough, but I'm not gonna complain. I paid $1 for it. And it's cool to just go back in time and see where all that kind of stuff was back then. They just don't make magazines this cool anymore.

freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 8:08:02 PM

Newest stuff to come in:

and

The #27 is real rough and have no idea why I bought it since already had that issue, and for life of me cant even remember who I bought it from, lol.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Shadowdodger
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:18:07 PM

Got a shipment in today from CCLs Comics4Less. This was a first time buy from this store for me and it couldn't have gone better. Sean shipped everything ridiculously fast, it was packed well, all bagged and boarded and the grading was spot-on. Communication was great too. I PM'd a question the other night and I had an answer by 7AM the next morning. In this shipment I received:

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #s 3, 4, 6
Savage Hawkman #s 1, 6, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:29:48 PM

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
Newest stuff to come in:

and

The #27 is real rough and have no idea why I bought it since already had that issue, and for life of me cant even remember who I bought it from, lol.

That first Rhino is a tough one, nice pickup -

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:00:22 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:

That first Rhino is a tough one, nice pickup -

Thanks
Also got these early issues in today.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

jmbarnes101
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:29:37 PM

Those look very nice.

Just curious, but does your Amazing Spider-Man collection contain the annuals as well or just the main series? The annuals contain some great stories.

Also after ASM are you going to go after a set of anything else?
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 1:03:32 AM

jmbarnes101 wrote:
Those look very nice.

Just curious, but does your Amazing Spider-Man collection contain the annuals as well or just the main series? The annuals contain some great stories.

Also after ASM are you going to go after a set of anything else?

Yea have all the annuals already. I have no idea whats next but something with a lot less variants, lol. I remember as a kid reading the first 30 or so issues of cerebus and loving them so thinking might go that route. Also huge tick fan so might pick up all those as well lol

Lately been picking up a ton of tpb's trying to see if any story sparks my interest in another series. So far totally dissapointed in DC comics. I did like a few Image comics so might look into those.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics