Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
invoice printing Options
Lightspeed
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:20:19 PM

Groups: Member

I was wondering if you can add a way to make a printable invoice in the purchase details so that we can print out our own invoice if the seller doesn't send one with our purchase.

Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:46:21 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I'm curious as to why.

Regardless of reasons, you know you can print out your order, right?
KingZombie
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 4:40:59 PM

I'm also curious how he has an advertisement in his sig directing people to another site.

No can do!
LadyJay
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 6:24:35 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

KingZombie wrote:
I'm also curious how he has an advertisement in his sig directing people to another site.

No can do!

Links are allowed in signatures

Thundercron
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 6:59:08 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

LadyJay wrote:
KingZombie wrote:

No can do!

It's always been my understanding that links to outside selling sites are not allowed, unless run by a CCL store. For example, links to ebay auctions are not allowed, unless being held by a CCL store owner.

It doesn't look like Lightspeed has a CCL store. Which further confuses me as to why he wants to know about invoice printing.
Lightspeed
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 9:14:50 PM

First off, how do I print my order off of CCL? Please show me for future reference.

Second, I own a store in Indiana. I use CCL to get comics for my customers on occasion when they are hunting for back issues. I used to have a CCL store. I had to shut it down due to not having any help with the processing of my comics on a regular basis. I forgot to take the store ad off of my signature. The "ad" is gone now. My website is for my store and I don't have an online store attached to it. My site is only for information. I didn't mean to to get everyone's undies in a twist over it. I wasn't acting as any kind of subversive agent trying to take business from CCL. Just an oversight... Ok?

I ordered some comics for my customer and they seller didn't provide the invoice with my order. I went in to print off my invoice and couldn't find a way to do it other printing the WHOLE page, sidebars and all. That is a waste of paper. This was just a simple question guys and gals. I could use the help, not the grief. Please?
pottersan
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 9:25:42 PM

Shop at My Store

Forgive the welcome wagon above, I'll give you a hand!

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
pottersan
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 9:26:31 PM

Shop at My Store

Go to the left of your screen and go to:

Member Links
My Member Page
My Account
My Wish List
My Shipping Addresses
Software Subscription
Items I've Purchased
My Offers
My Notices
My Messages
My Articles

Then click Details and you can print from there. Let me know if you need anything else.

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
pottersan
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 9:28:43 PM

Shop at My Store

4 responses to get someone in need a helpful hand.... Shame on You

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
pottersan
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 9:30:26 PM

Shop at My Store

Oh wait, you only wanted the order and not the extra stuff on the page...let me check....

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
pottersan
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 9:33:08 PM

Shop at My Store

Well, the only way I see might be a bit of a pain....highlight after "Price" through all comics to before "Transaction" the copy and past.

Not as fast as I'd like, but that's what I use...

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
pottersan
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 9:36:00 PM

Shop at My Store

Lightspeed wrote:
...I use CCL to get comics for my customers on occasion when they are hunting for back issues...
Thanks for hanging around the site after closing your store. You must have a pretty good store as you have done what many others have not over the years and changed with times.

If you are not utilizing the internet in some aspect of your brick and mortar store (advertising, selling, buying etc.) you are looking for trouble.

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 10:33:53 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
LadyJay wrote:
KingZombie wrote:

No can do!

It's always been my understanding that links to outside selling sites are not allowed, unless run by a CCL store. For example, links to ebay auctions are not allowed, unless being held by a CCL store owner.

It doesn't look like Lightspeed has a CCL store. Which further confuses me as to why he wants to know about invoice printing.

I made a direct inquiry with CCL about questionable outside links (to anything) not too long ago. Inexplicably, the response was that they have "already tried to stay out of people's signatures in the past (due to [the] idea that it's censorship)."

"Words have meaning." - my wife
Thundercron
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 11:10:18 PM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
LadyJay wrote:
KingZombie wrote:

No can do!

I made a direct inquiry with CCL about questionable outside links (to anything) not too long ago. Inexplicably, the response was that they have "already tried to stay out of people's signatures in the past (due to [the] idea that it's censorship)."

An outside link is an outside link. Shouldn't matter if it's in the body of the post or in the sig.

And to respond to Potter piling on about our unwillingness to help someone out--the original one-sentence post didn't make any sense to me. Not having a CCL store added to the confusion, especially when the question seemed to pertain to CCL stores. It wasn't until Lightspeed posted the second time (with more clarity) that I understood what he was talking about.

And the complaint about the sig is valid. I don't pay store fees here just to have to compete with other folks posting links to their non-CCL stores.

That goes for LadyJay's sig, too. She used to have a store here, but chose to pull it down and align herself with the direct competition. Seriously, why is she allowed to use CCL for her free advertising?

Might as well just have a classified ad forum at this point.
pottersan
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 11:32:53 PM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
LadyJay wrote:
KingZombie wrote:

No can do!

An outside link is an outside link. Shouldn't matter if it's in the body of the post or in the sig.

And to respond to Potter piling on about our unwillingness to help someone out--the original one-sentence post didn't make any sense to me. Not having a CCL store added to the confusion, especially when the question seemed to pertain to CCL stores. It wasn't until Lightspeed posted the second time (with more clarity) that I understood what he was talking about.

And the complaint about the sig is valid. I don't pay store fees here just to have to compete with other folks posting links to their non-CCL stores.

That goes for LadyJay's sig, too. She used to have a store here, but chose to pull it down and align herself with the direct competition. Seriously, why is she allowed to use CCL for her free advertising?

As far as the outside link is concerned, it was explained to me about a year or so ago by Steve I think that stores owners were allowed to have outside links for selling purposes. This is probably something that needs to be addressed in the future.

As far as the responses to the original poster, I was just making a joking jab at you guys. No harm meant. I was obviously a little confused on what he wanted. But he must have gotten some feeling of a cold shoulder from the tone of his follow up post.

Regardless, let's all hug and hope for a bunch of Red Sox losses in the World Series. Big Hug

And don't worry Thundercron, you're still on my favorite sellers list.

Visit My Facebook Page!

Other great CCL Stores;
Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:58:55 AM

Shop at My Store

pottersan wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
LadyJay wrote:
KingZombie wrote:

No can do!

As far as the outside link is concerned, it was explained to me about a year or so ago by Steve I think that stores owners were allowed to have outside links for selling purposes. This is probably something that needs to be addressed in the future.

As far as the responses to the original poster, I was just making a joking jab at you guys. No harm meant. I was obviously a little confused on what he wanted. But he must have gotten some feeling of a cold shoulder from the tone of his follow up post.

Regardless, let's all hug and hope for a bunch of Red Sox losses in the World Series. Big Hug

And don't worry Thundercron, you're still on my favorite sellers list.

No worries, and thanks for the words! I'm actually more concerned about the sig thing. Agreed that it needs to be addressed/clarified.
SwiftMann
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:23:52 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
LadyJay wrote:
KingZombie wrote:

No can do!

I agree completely about the hypocrisy regarding sings. Of course I also think the restrictions regarding links in general is ludicrous paranoia.

"Words have meaning." - my wife
Lightspeed
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 7:34:00 PM

pottersan wrote:
Lightspeed wrote:
...I use CCL to get comics for my customers on occasion when they are hunting for back issues...
Thanks for hanging around the site after closing your store. You must have a pretty good store as you have done what many others have not over the years and changed with times.

If you are not utilizing the internet in some aspect of your brick and mortar store (advertising, selling, buying etc.) you are looking for trouble.

Thanks bro. I had to switch the focus of the store to gaming over comics. Still some comics, new mostly, but the comics bring in the steady money for the most part on the weekly basis. Games = extra cash around here. It's tough though when you have a community not really that supportive of your efforts.

I work my ass off for minimal return at this point. I'm stuck until my lease runs out end of next year. I don't have any wiggle room in my lease and my landlord's kind of a d-bag. So I persevere. I fight and I claw my way through my situation every damn day, for the time being. I am patient.

BTW, I've bought books from you in the past and have received excellent service from you and your crew. Thanks for trying to help me even though I, inadvertently, had sparked a little controversy.
Lightspeed
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 7:39:20 PM

pottersan wrote:
Well, the only way I see might be a bit of a pain....highlight after "Price" through all comics to before "Transaction" the copy and past.

Not as fast as I'd like, but that's what I use...

This was the main original reason I requested CCL to put in a printable invoice link.
freakdylan
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 7:52:25 PM

Thundercron wrote:

No worries, and thanks for the words! I'm actually more concerned about the sig thing. Agreed that it needs to be addressed/clarified.

Another reason why CCL is A$$ backwards. I have had wiki links removed from this forum while discussing comic stuff. Yet I can advertise another store in my sig with no problems. I mean seriously who is running this ship Harry & Lloyd?

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics