Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
How do you ship trading cards? Options
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:02:52 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

This may belong somewhere else but:

How do you ship trading cards? I have someone offering to send me some cards in exchange for a few extras that I have. It is only 3 cards in total. What is the best way to ship to avoid any damage to the cards? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it affects anything I am shipping from Nashville to northern Illinois area.
Tamwood
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:37:10 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

penny sleeves, top loaders, bubble envelope.
DaLeah96
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 5:07:56 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

personally I use a very heavy backing board stock cut into 2.5x3.5. I then put one on the top and one on the bottome of the stack of cards I'm shipping. Wrap that in bubble wrap, tape at least one more piece of the same stock the size of the wrapped item (more if only shipping a couple of cards). Then finally put all of that in a bubble envelope.
It may be overkill, but I sell a lot of cards here and have never had a complaint of damage on any of my card shipments.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here.
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 10:48:39 PM

I did a combo of what Tamwood and DaLeah said. I put each card in an individual sleeve (the cheap plastic kind) then put them in a heavy duty plastic sleeve and put some cardboard on either side followed by using a bubble envelope. While it may be overkill, I want to be sure that the person I sent to is satisfied. And hopefully they would give me some positive feedback which would encourage others to help me with my want list through trades.
scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:44:14 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

jbeeman85 wrote:
I did a combo of what Tamwood and DaLeah said. I put each card in an individual sleeve (the cheap plastic kind) then put them in a heavy duty plastic sleeve and put some cardboard on either side followed by using a bubble envelope. While it may be overkill, I want to be sure that the person I sent to is satisfied. And hopefully they would give me some positive feedback which would encourage others to help me with my want list through trades.

We have a winner!

That's exactly how I do it. penny sleeve, toploader or hard shell case, cardboard on either side, bubble envelope. I'll tape the toploader shut too - but fold over one end to leave a tab to make it easier to get off. I also tape the cardboard pieces together so they don't shift. And I tape the edges of the bubble mailer to prevent rip-out if it gets stuck in something during transit.

I've been told by other collectors that my packing is near bulletproof. Someone even called it nuke proof - that was the bubble mailer sandwiched between more cardboard in a USPS Small box. I wasn't taking chances with a $600 sketch card!

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 6:41:30 AM

I would be ticked if I ordered a $600 card and the person I bought it from didn't go all out to protect it. Luckily I haven't had that many issues with my cards or comics not being well protected when buying off the internet. So far, everyone that I have bought from on this site has done a great job with packing, that auction site on the other hand.....