Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
The Official 2013 Annual CCL Marathon Toy Drive Thread! Options
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 12:08:03 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Ok, CCL-ers...gather around and let me tell you a Christmas story:

In December 2008, a local children's play center had put up a tree asking for donations for Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.

There were no items under the tree.

This really got to me because my youngest son Jace, who has Down's Syndrome, was born at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.

I posted a picture of this tree in the CCL Forums and asked the CCL Membership for donations to purchase items to put underneath it.

...and the donations started rolling in. And after a couple weeks, the tree looked like this:

At YOUR REQUEST...this was made into an annual event. And thus, the CCL MARATHON TOY DRIVE was born.

And every year it gets a little better...

...and every year we get more and more donations...

And now, we're ready to make this year the BEST. YEAR. EVER.

THE 2013 CCL MARATHON TOY DRIVE kicks off today, right this very instant NOVEMBER 18th and runs through DECEMBER 13th 2013! Money donated will be to purchase items found on Vanderbilt Children's Hospital Wish List. This year, our goal is $1500...which is the biggest ever. The CCL MEMBERSHIP has requested over the years for us to be aggressive on this effort, so I'm making it a personal goal to MEET and EXCEED this goal...but I can't do it without your help. Donate $10 or donate $100. It will ALL go towards purchasing this stuff.

Donations can be made via PAYPAL to: CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM. 100% of your donation will be used to purchase items on the Wish List. You can also mail a donation directly to our offices:

Comic Collector Live Marathon Toy Drive
c/o Steve Boyd
131 Sanders Ferry Rd
Suite 201
Hendersonville, TN

Please make checks payable to Comic Collector Live.

Donations from the Wish List may also be mailed, however, please stick with the list. PLEASE DO NOT SEND COMIC BOOKS. While we would love to get more comics in the hands of kids, the hospital has very specific requests due to the health and well-being of the children there.

AGAIN. THE DEADLINE TO DONATE IS DECEMBER 13th, 2013. I will be personally delivering the goods we purchase directly to VANDERBILT CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL on December 16th at 10:15 AM.

Please donate. Please spread the word. It's going to take all of us working together to make this goal a reality.

God bless you guys, and let's get this thing rolling.

Applause Applause Applause

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 4:29:21 PM

Shop at My Store

AND when you donate, I will send you a URL to a groovy little banner that you can add to your signature to show the community you supported our effort this year AND are awesome. :) You can see it in my signature.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:09:00 AM

Shop at My Store

Good morning! Today is a GREAT day to donate to a GREAT cause!

Applause Applause

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 11:09:42 AM

Shop at My Store

The donations are starting to come in! It's early, but don't let that stop you!!

Send your PAYPAL donation of ANY monetary amount to help us reach our $1500 goal for this year's fundraiser to: CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM. Remember...100% of the money you donate will go to purchase items for Vanderbilt Children's Hospital here in Nashville.

Thanks!

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:39:14 AM

Shop at My Store

Good morning! Hope everyone is having a great day so far! Don't forget to send your donations to this year's fundraiser for Vanderbilt Children's Hospital to: ccl4kids@midtenmedia.com

Big Grin

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 1:32:24 PM

Shop at My Store

4 days in and we're off and running at 14% goal thus far! This community goal to purchase items for VANDERBILT CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL just might be attainable...but only if YOU want it to be.

Remember, 100% of your donation goes to buy items on the Hospital Wish List. Please send donations via PAYPAL to: CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM

Applause Applause

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:29:43 PM

Shop at My Store

Hey guys! The donations are still coming in! Please don't forget to send your monetary donations via PAYPAL to: CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM. 100% of your donation will purchase items for Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.

Thanks so much!

Applause Applause

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2013 11:14:21 AM

Shop at My Store

Still getting a couple donations...but still a LONG way to go guys! If you haven't found a cause to donate to, please consider this one. Shoot a monetary donation in ANY amount to:

CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM

Thanks and keep those donations rolling in! Thanks to those that have given so far!

Applause Applause

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:41:13 PM

Shop at My Store

Hey guys - ok, we're officially down to the WIRE on the fundraiser this year and I'm hovering around a cool 25% of goal this year. I always have some last minute donations roll in...but I REALLY need some help to knock this one out of the park. Donations are due by this FRIDAY. PLEASE take a moment and send a donation via PAYPAL to: CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM. Remember, that 100% of your money donated will go to purchase items on Vanderbilt Children's Hospital Wish List that will be dropped off at the Hospital on Monday December 16th!

Please give! Thanks!!

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:44:25 PM

Shop at My Store

Tomorrow is THE LAST DAY to donate for the fundraiser! We're around 45% goal so we're making progress...I'm not giving up guys! Have YOU donated or helped spread the word? Help us really make this a MARATHON TOY DRIVE and help!

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 12:18:18 PM

Shop at My Store

Today is OFFICIALLY THE FINAL DAY TO DONATE and we're currently at 58% GOAL! I'm super happy to see some of you guys donating so my personal thanks and kudos for those of you that have given. Help us make that last push folks! Spread the word and please send your PAYPAL donation to: CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM. Remember, 100% of what you donate goes to buy stuff for VANDERBILT CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL WISHLIST.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 2:19:18 PM

Shop at My Store

Another donation and we're now at 65% goal! Thanks so much!!! CAN WE MAKE IT TO GOAL???

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:13:33 PM

Shop at My Store

Ok guys - thought I'd give you an update on the fundraiser...which is pretty cool.

I was asked by some donors to EXTEND the deadline until SATURDAY at 6pm. There were some people that just weren't able to get the donation in time OR wanted to run by the CCL store and personally drop it off. So how are we doing so far?

You'll be pretty pleased to know that we are at around 80% of our $1500 GOAL at this point. It's been a LONG road to $1500 but I'm bound and determined to make this happen this year. Some of you have went above and beyond to make this year the best ever for our fundraiser. I'm super appreciative of that and it shows how supportive the CCL community is to what we're about. It's doing some good with an audience that wants to do some good.

If you haven't given to the fundraiser, you still have time. The cutoff is 6PM tonight. Currently I'm at the Comic Collector Live store in Hendersonville minding the shop and then tonight it's the fun and exhausting part of the fundraiser, which is getting the stuff.

If you want to donate, please send your donation via PAYPAL to: CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM. Help make a difference and show that Comic Collector Live's community is one of the best and caring around.

Thanks guys!

Applause Applause

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 2:09:13 PM

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 3:44:28 PM

Shop at My Store

$120 to Goal and 2 hours left!!!

pottersan
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:52:27 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
$120 to Goal and 2 hours left!!!
Put Alpha Comics down for $60.00.

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 6:00:05 PM

Shop at My Store

With 2 minutes to spare....

Counting pledges, we MET and EXCEEDED GOAL by $80 for a grand total of $1580.

Thanks so much and pictures forthcoming of all the awesome stuff YOU helped make happen.

Applause Applause Applause Applause