Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Howie's CCL NFL Competition - Picks Thread Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 8:50:55 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Those damn division games. I don't think anybody outside of Southern California saw that coming.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:38:12 AM

Shop at My Store

It was a good week for all, everyone was over .500 with their picks. DivideandConquer won the week with a 13-3 record and 23 points. Honorable mentions to b0bafett (13-3, 18 pts.) and Reggie (12-4, 20 points.

Two unanimous selections were Cardinals over the Rams and Patriots beating (barely) the Browns. Only three upsets: Jacksonville over Houston, Miami over Pittsburgh and Chicago over Dallas.

My next Call Time for the TV show is this upcoming Thursday and Friday so results will be posted on Wednesday for sure. Thanks for being patient with me, 40 hours in three days is something I haven't done in a while and it took a lot out of me. Not complaining, I'm having a heck of a time!

Total Weekly Points

1. DivideAndConquer - 260 (wk 1-13) 237 + 23 (wk 14)
2. jbeeman85 - 256 (236 + 20)
3. Reggie - 243 (223 + 20)
4. b0bafett - 242 (224 + 18)
5. Dreadnok01 - 236 (222 + 14)
6. MoonKnight1 - 233 (216 + 17)
7. BruceReville - 229 (212 + 17)
8. freakdylan- 228 (215 + 13)
9. ComicReaderBatman - 174 (156 + 18)
10.comicuniversity - 68 (68 + 0)

11. pottersan - 51 (51 + 0)

Weekly High Score

1. Reggie - 24
2. freakdylan - 24
3. ComicReaderBatman- 24
4. comicuniversity - 24
5. jbeeman85 - 23
6. DivideAndConquer - 23
7. Dreadnok01 - 22
8. MoonKnight1 - 22
9. b0bafett - 22
10. BruceReville - 20

11. pottersan - 18

Lock Pick

1. b0bafett - 11 KC, Oak, Den, Ind, Stl, Phi, SD, SF, Sea, Ten, AZ, Hou, NE, Dal
2. jbeeman85 - 11 NE, NO, Den, Ind, Atl, KC, SD, GB, Sea, SF, Cin, Bal, Chi, AZ
3. MoonKnight1 - 10 NE, Oak, Min,Ind, Den, Hou , KC, GB, Sea, SF, AZ, NO, Jax, Pit
4. freakdylan - 9 NE, Den, NO, Stl, NYG , KC, SF, Sea, Ind, Phi, Hou, Min, Dal
5. Dreadnok01 - 9 NE, Ind, Den, KC, Stl, Dal, Sea, SF, GB, Buf, SD, NO, Car, Atl
6. DivideAndConquer - 9 TB, GB, NO, Ind, Stl, Hou , SD, SF, Cin, Ten, Sea, Det, NYG, NE
7. BruceReville - 9 TB, Hou, Den, Ind, Atl, Phi, SD, SF, GB, Ten, NE, NO, Det, Chi
8. Reggie - 8 Det, Oak, Sea, Ind, SD, Dal, NE , SF, NO, Ten, AZ, KC, Cle, Bal
9. ComicReaderBatman - 7 Den, SD, SF, Sea, Mia, AZ, Hou, Dal, KC
10. comicuniversity - 3 TB, Bal, Sea, Ind

11. pottersan - 2 NE, Hou, GB

Monday Night Football

1. DivideAndConquer - 10
2. b0bafett - 9
3. Reggie - 9
4. BruceReville - 9
5. jbeeman8 - 8
6. freakdylan - 7
7. Dreadnok01 - 6
8. MoonKnight1 - 6
9. ComicReaderBatman - 4
10. comicuniversity - 4

11. pottersan - 2

Win/Loss Percentage

1. (139-68) 67% DivideAndConquer
2. (89-55) 62% ComicReaderBatman
3. (127-80) 61% jbeeman85
4. (124-83) 60% Reggie
5. (122-85) 60% Dreadnok01
6. (121-86) 58% b0bafett
7. (118-89) 57% BruceReville
8. (117-90) 57% MoonKnight1
9. (116-91) 56% freakdylan
10. (25-23) 52% pottersan

11. (32-31) 51% comicuniversity

I have added a new category for Prize eligibility and three new prizes to select from. You can see the new prizes Here
The new category is Number of Weeks Won. Three weeks to go and DivideandConquer has a stranglehold. There's still a chance!

Week 1 - Reggie
Week 2 - comicuniversity
Week 3 - jbeeman85
Week 4 - freakdylan
Week 5 - ComicReaderBatman
Week 6 - DivideAndConquer
Week 7 - ComicReaderBatman
Week 8 - DivideandConquer
Week 9 - MoonKnight1
Week 10 - jbeeman85
Week 11 - DivideAndConquer / Reggie
Week 12 - DivideAndConquer
Week 13 - ComicReaderBatman
Week 14 - DivideandConquer

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:42:00 AM

Shop at My Store

BruceReville wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Washington @ Atlanta

Bruce!

Are we on buddy!

Looks like the Skins are going with Cousins over Griffin III. Nailbiting Anxious Confused Tongue

I'll take some of Shanahan's Shenanigens to throw you for a loop - YOU'RE ON!

Almost time, Bruce! Are you nervous? I know I am. May the worst team lose! Rolling on the Floor

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 10:54:43 AM

Groups: Member

MoonKnight1 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Washington @ Atlanta

Bruce!

Are we on buddy!

Looks like the Skins are going with Cousins over Griffin III. Nailbiting Anxious Confused Tongue

Almost time, Bruce! Are you nervous? I know I am. May the worst team lose! Rolling on the Floor

Top 5 draft pick on the line! Loser

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 11:11:48 AM

Shop at My Store

BruceReville wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Washington @ Atlanta

Bruce!

Are we on buddy!

Top 5 draft pick on the line! Loser

Not for the Redskins. They traded their 1st round pick this year (and last year) to the Rams for the opportunity to draft Bob Griffin. Rain Talk to the Hand

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:03:13 PM

fumble- fumble - fumble

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 4:04:06 PM

Shop at My Store

When you turn the ball over SEVEN times it hinders your chances of winning.

When you have a 3rd down and 2 and the play call is a pass 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage that effectively makes it a 3rd and 7.

If you make a terrific goal-line stand on 4th down, and your offense starts with the ball on it's own 6 inch line, it might be prudent to run the ball once or twice instead of calling for a seven step drop under the shadow of your own goal posts and a crossing route that is easily intercepted.

But then again, I'm not the genius that Mike and Kyle Shanahan are. I must be too stupid to understand their grand strategy. Sad Rain Loser Phbbbbt Wall Confused

The Shanahans have forgotten more football than I have ever known. Unfortunately, they forgot all of the good plays.

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 4:35:38 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

When you have a 3rd down and 2 and the play call is a pass 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage that effectively makes it a 3rd and 7.

If you make a terrific goal-line stand on 4th down, and your offense starts with the ball on it's own 6 inch line, it might be prudent to run the ball once or twice instead of calling for a seven step drop under the shadow of your own goal posts and a crossing route that is easily intercepted.

But then again, I'm not the genius that Mike and Kyle Shanahan are. I must be too stupid to understand their grand strategy. Sad Rain Loser Phbbbbt Wall Confused

The Shanahans have forgotten more football than I have ever known. Unfortunately, they forgot all of the good plays.

Nice Signature

Reggie
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 4:56:54 PM

BruceReville wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Nice Signature

Ooh

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:52:46 PM

Shop at My Store

HaHa, you funny Bruce. You funny too, Reggie. Crying

The silver lining for me right now is the Cowboys look like turds. And that's who the Skins play next week.

I can't take anything away from the Falcons, they won fair and square. Man, both teams looked horrible. The Skins did not deserve to win even though they had a shot at the end.

Can't wait for next year's last place schedule! Waiting

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:58:53 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

The silver lining for me right now is the Cowboys look like turds. And that's who the Skins play next week.

I can't take anything away from the Falcons, they won fair and square. Man, both teams looked horrible. The Skins did not deserve to win even though they had a shot at the end.

You get the AFC South next year - Indy - Houston - Tennessee - Jacksonville - the softest division in the AFC

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 7:08:14 PM

Shop at My Store

BruceReville wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

You get the AFC South next year - Indy - Houston - Tennessee - Jacksonville - the softest division in the AFC

Thanks buddy, I see you working!

I guarantee that those four teams are thinking the exact same thing: "Hey we get the NFC L-East, the worst division in the NFC!" Tongue

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 6:45:36 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

BruceReville wrote:

Hey now. Crying Sad Rain Sigh

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I guarantee that those four teams are thinking the exact same thing: "Hey we get the NFC L-East, the worst division in the NFC!" Tongue

Yeah baby!!!!Party Dancing Party

Side note, congrats Howie, pretty sure you're the only one to get their Lock Pick this week.

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 6:55:16 AM

With 6 minutes to go in the 4th, Fitzpatrick throws an interception and Cardinals go up 34-17 Wall At Wits' End At Wits' End

3 minutes to go, Titans touchdown 34-24..okay at least making it respectable Straight Face

47 seconds to go Bironas hits a field goal to make it 34-27. Time for the unlikely onside kick.Anxious Nailbiting Nailbiting Pray Pray

Titans recover Dancing Hypnotized Ooh

10 seconds to go, Touchdown Titans tied at 34 Party Dancing Hypnotized Party

Overtime. . . . Fitzpatrick interception, Cardinals field goal, another close loss by the Titans Rain Broken Heart Wall Crying

Jerks . . . . . getting me all excited for nothing.

Dreadnok01
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 3:52:42 PM

Dreadnok01 wrote:
Me to myself: "Don't pick the Cowboys in December" Self: "But the Bears aren't starting Cutler and haven't been playing all that well" Me: "You're right self! Cowboys it is!!"

Thanks a lot self!At Wits' End At Wits' End

And I fell for it again!!!!At Wits' End At Wits' End At Wits' End At Wits' End At Wits' End
BruceReville
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 4:43:37 PM

Dreadnok01 wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
Me to myself: "Don't pick the Cowboys in December" Self: "But the Bears aren't starting Cutler and haven't been playing all that well" Me: "You're right self! Cowboys it is!!"

And I fell for it again!!!!At Wits' End At Wits' End At Wits' End At Wits' End At Wits' End

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:49:51 PM

BruceReville wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:

Hahaha wow haven't seen that commercial in a while

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:20:32 AM

Shop at My Store

I'm working on the standings next. For now, here are the games for Week 16

Sun - Miami @ Buffalo
New Orleans @ Carolina
Dallas @ Washington
Tampa Bay @ St. Louis
Chicago @ Philadelphia
Cleveland @ NY Jets
Indianapolis @ Kansas City
Minnesota @ Cincinnati
Denver @ Houston
Tennessee @ Jacksonville
Arizona @ Seattle
NY Giants @ Detroit
Oakland @ San Diego
Pittsburgh @ Green Bay - EVEN, no line
New England @ Baltimore

Mon - Atlanta @ San Francisco

Looks like the Thursday night games are over so you have until kickoff (1:00 EST) on Sunday, December 22nd to get your picks in. Good Luck!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:26:10 AM

Shop at My Store

Here are my picks for Week 16

Miami
New Orleans
Washington - LOCK yes that's right, bring it Romo!!!
St. Louis
Chicago
Cleveland
Kansas City
Cincinnati
Denver
Tennessee (rode the J-train one too many times Sad )
Seattle
Detroit
San Diego
Green Bay
New England
San Fransisco

I told myself at the beginning of the season that I would not select Washington as my Lock Pick. It just adds another level of anxiety. But, what the hell. Go Skins!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:17:53 AM

Miami - Lock
New Orleans
Dallas
St. Louis
Philadelphia
New York Jets
Kansas City
Cincinnati