Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL 2013-14 Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 7:03:51 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

That save was crazy! Were you there? I only saw it on TV.

Blackhawks finally beat the Ducks. Anaheim has had Chicago's number the past couple years.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 4:46:30 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
That save was crazy! Were you there? I only saw it on TV.

Blackhawks finally beat the Ducks. Anaheim has had Chicago's number the past couple years.

Just saw it on TV. That game was in Philadelphia.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:15:50 PM

Shop at My Store

Whoops! Guess I wasn't paying attention...Confused

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:54:33 AM

Shop at My Store

How about that game opening brawl between the Flames and Canucks! Both teams put their fourth line out for the first face-off and as soon as the puck dropped everyone but the goalies dropped their gloves. It was amazing. The Tortorella tries going in to the Calgary locker room for some reason. Classic Torts!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:15:08 PM

Shop at My Store

Thoughts and prayers out to Rich Peverley. Scary scene in the Stars - Blue Jackets game. It's bad enough when someone goes down after being boarded or takes a vicious hit but that's part of the game. When the players on the bench start freaking out because a dude is having a heart attack that is something different.

Seems like he may be OK but he might want to think about counting his blessings and retiring early. Get well.

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:28:10 PM

Shop at My Store

In less depressing news...

I think the NHL did a fantastic job with all of the outdoor games this year. Except for the one in LA where it was 78 degrees and they were skating in ice water. They should do one in Phoenix in May next year.

No, but the other ones were pretty cool with snow coming down and what not. Huge crowds as well showed up and it seemed like they were having good times.

Lots of good hockey being played with more yet to come. One of the best goalie saves I have seen this year was actually not from the NHL. Orlando Solar Bears goaltender Cody Reichard from the ECHL did this ridiculous thing: Diving Save

I have to shave because of Turn but filming is over week after next so I will begin to grow my playoff beard. Go Blackhawks!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:00:31 AM

Yeah, that was a scary thing with Peverley. Just goes to show that no matter how fit you are, you aren't immune from everything. Classy of Columbus to accept postponing the game instead of trying to force the Stars to forfeit.

That Reichard save was amazing. It ranks right up there with Hutton's save in Philadelphia earlier this season for the Predators.
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:04:55 AM

I am late in posting this (the Preds haven't given me much incentive to post anything) but I wish David Legwand good luck in Detroit. He was the last of the original Predators to still be on the team as he was the team's very first draft pick. While he may not have ever played up to being the number two overall pick, he was a consistent player that didn't do anything to embarrass the team.

We are in the final stretch of the season. Pekka Rinne is finally back for Nashville. The Preds need to help him out offensively if they hope to win any games. That 1-4 homestand last week made the playoffs a long shot. The last two nights in Ottawa and Buffalo showed that the Preds are capable of scoring goals but we will see if that carries into this weekend against the much better Blackhawks and Blues.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:40:39 PM

Shop at My Store

jbeeman85 wrote:
That Reichard save was amazing. It ranks right up there with Hutton's save in Philadelphia earlier this season for the Predators.

I saw that one as well. Hutton was fantastic on that save.

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 9:05:10 AM

Preds shut out the Blackhawks 2-0 Sunday night Dancing Dancing Dancing

Maybe the Predators need to just act like they are playing Chicago every game. They're 3-1 against the Hawks while being 0-3 to the freaking OilersAt Wits' End At Wits' End At Wits' End

7 points out with 10 games to go, not looking good but until they are mathematically eliminated, I have a glimmer of hopePray Pray

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 9:50:41 AM

Shop at My Store

I saw an alarming stat today. The Blackhawks are 10-12-3 against their own division but are 31-4-12 against the rest of the league. As long as they don't play a Central team in the playoffs they should be OK!

Only ten games left! Man, I am so out of it. I've been spending so much time on the TV show that I lost track of things a bit. Where did the freaking Blues come from? Already cliched a playoff spot and I totally missed it.

Chris Neil of the Ottawa Senators breaking bad on Johan Franzen of the Detroit Red Wings:

"I'm there first shift and any shift he wants. He wants to drop his purse, take the lipstick out, put it on his lips and 'Let's go.' Anytime. Any day. Anywhere." Oh, no he didn't!!!

Franzen's reply:

"For me, it's not a part of the game, I couldn't care less what [he says]. I'm not going to fight him. It's easy as that. I've had enough concussions and definitely not going to risk one doing something as stupid as that."

Franzen then added: "It's like me asking him to be a good hockey player."

It is on now! That's why I love hockey!

I also saw a week or so ago where Vancouver, leading by 3 entering the final period gave up SEVEN goals and lost! I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the dressing room and heard what Torts had to say about that.

Filming for me is almost over so I can start working on my playoff beard pretty soon.

Hall Liquidations

CosmicAvenger
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 4:12:53 PM

Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member, Moderator

The great collapse of the season award goes to ....THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS!!

I cannot believe that 3 weeks ago they were 3rd in the East, now they are officially eliminated from the playoffs. I live in toronto, but my team is stlouis. That being said, its almost impossible to ignore the leafs here, and wow what an embarrassment the whole season has been.

Last year they did it in game 7 of round 1, now they do it 3 weeks before the playoffs. yeesh

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 7:06:49 AM

I know it's meaningless but my Preds beat the Blackhawks 7-5 on Saturday night to send all those Blackhawk jerks home sad. Though several had to have some smartbutt comment about the Preds missing the playoffs or not yet winning a cup, it's still feels great to beat them. I also liked that they sang "God Bless America" instead of the National Anthem to start the game because I can't stand those disrespectful punks screaming and clapping throughout the song. (No offense to you Howie, you don't deserve to be lumped in with the fair-weather/bandwagon fans that we have to deal with)

Freaking sucks that the Preds missed the playoffs. If I am looking at the standings correctly, if they had only beat Dallas on Tuesday, they would have got in on a tie breaker. Given how good they did against most of the teams in the Western Conference playoffs (aside from St. Louis), they would have a legit shot of making a deep run. If only they hadn't went 0-3 against flipping Edmonton and 2-9 in the skills competition.Wall Angry At Wits' End I know that several teams that missed out on the playoffs can point back to one or two games as well, but it's just frustrating.
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:54:05 AM

Barry Trotz, the only head coach the Predators have ever had, will not have his contract renewed.Broken Heart
I don't blame him for the Preds missing the playoffs (only missed by 3 points), but I guess in the world of sports someone has to take the fall. Barry will be missed as he always seemed to get good results out of limited resources. The search is on for a new head coach, hopefully they make a good decision and the Preds don't get stuck in the several year cycle of rough years that the Tennessee Volunteer football team has been stuck in for a while now. I can't handle all my teams being bad.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 11:01:26 AM

Shop at My Store

Yeah, too bad about Trotz. I thought he did a nice job overall, 15 seasons and 7 playoffs? Just barely missed this year and they've been playing in a tough Division. I think Barry will get a job somewhere else pretty soon.

Hey Jeremy, no offense taken. I know you're not talking about me and I'm not going to apologize for some jerk-ass fans. I'm a huge Washington Redskin honk and I know some obnoxious Skins fans. Some people are just jerks.

I love my teams and I'll root hard for them but there's no need to be uncivil. It's only a game after all!

I hate the Cowboys but I still have some friends who, inexplicably, actually like them. Devil

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 12:37:16 PM

Predators just hired Peter Laviolette to be their next head coach. It's going to be weird not seeing Trotz behind the bench for the Predators next season. I kinda figured they would go with Laviolette given his ties to team USA and the Preds GM Poile.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 12:46:46 PM

Shop at My Store

I was thinking you might get Tortorella. I'm sure he'll land somewhere.

Laviolette is a good hire.

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 10:04:55 AM

Shop at My Store

Penguins clean house! I guess that's what happens when your star player (Crosby) doesn't get the memo about it being the playoffs and everything. Straight Face

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 10:40:08 AM

Penguins firing everyone shows how some teams get spoiled. They have been consistently one of the top teams since the 2004 strike, however, basically the only way that Bylsma was not getting fired was to win the Cup.

Oh well, he will find a new coaching job pretty quick.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 12:03:54 PM

Shop at My Store

It seems that the initial reports were wrong (surprise!) and Bylsma is staying after all. More info as soon as we don't know it! Laughing

Hall Liquidations