Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL FAQ/Q&A » Market Report based on collection
Fourstar77
Sunday, October 23, 2016 6:41:06 AM
Groups: Member
Hello - I am considering purchasing CCL but one of the main items I need is some way to run a report to see where the current market is on books I own. That way I can determine if I want to list certain books, or perhaps increase or decrease the price. When you have thousands of books, its hard to keep track of what is blowing up, so having a way to compare recent sales to books I have in my collection would be invaluable.

Is there any feature like this in the online or desktop software?

Thanks!

Matt
SwiftMann
Sunday, October 23, 2016 9:13:12 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
No. There's nothing that provides a report of current market value.

As a seller, I use the currently listed comics, historical sales data and/or eBay to determine pricing.
Fourstar77
Thursday, October 27, 2016 10:31:34 AM
Groups: Member
Thanks for the reply. Guess if you're a shop and you're just going to list everything you have, that report isn't quite as important. Probably just rely on the generic Overstreet price guide and check on some books from time to time on eBay to see if anything has changed. For someone who wants to be more reactive to market prices, it seems there is no good solution for collections of more than a couple hundred books.

If someone ever develops a tool that regularly compares a collection to current eBay market prices for not only slabs but also raws, I'd be the 1st in line to buy it.

Regards,

Matt
MoonKnight1
Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:37:01 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
That would be a fantastic asset if it was ever developed!

When I price comics I check the Stats here, they don't show you when things sold but they do say how many, for what price and in what condition. You can also see what stores here are charging and how many people have it in their wishlist.

I also look at eBay and check both active listings and completed ones so as to get a general idea of how recent sales have been. With so many comic book themed movies and TV shows right now certain issues can spike in price simply from speculation so I try to keep an eye on those as well.
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Howie's Saying of the Week

He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Michel de Montaign