Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » Software/Website Updates » Software isn't Updating Database Correctly

Software isn't Updating Database Correctly

DeadmanCC
Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:37:05 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I am having some trouble with with the software in that about half of the new comics I purchase will not update in the database. Therefore I can't track which ones I have and don't have. If it is a Marvel or DC comic then it updates just fine but anything else is hit or miss as to whether it updates or not. Some comics haven't updated for months now. I have tried to do it manually and nothing has changed. My help feature also no longer works so I have just been dealing with it on my own.

Anyone else having this problem or had this problem in the past?

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue? I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling and nothing changed.
Thundercron
Wednesday, December 21, 2016 10:22:39 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
It's a user maintained database. All new releases are added via the Change Request system. If you have issues not yet in the database, feel free to submit them.

Which titles haven't been updated in months?
DeadmanCC
Thursday, December 29, 2016 9:17:00 PM
Oh well okay thanks I will do that!! I thought that it would update automatically as a part of our subscription cost.

Anyway just to name a few off the top of my head that are behind at least 2 or more issues are SpongeBob, Jackboot & Ironheel, and all current Assassin Creed titles. I know there is a few more but as I scanned quickly through a few had been updated since I last logged in sometime last week and added to my database.

Spongebob is the worse one for being stuck at issue 56 while issue #63 or #64 released a week ago. But seeing as how I thought it updated automatically I can request changes and add titles/scans too myself.

Thank you!!
Rex_Kramer
Sunday, January 15, 2017 6:35:07 PM
Same problem for me with "Inhumans Vs. X-Men."

First time I've ever had to submit a Change Request, and that was almost two weeks ago. Still no sign of an update to the database.
Xylob
Sunday, January 15, 2017 6:59:42 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Rex_Kramer wrote:

First time I've ever had to submit a Change Request, and that was almost two weeks ago. Still no sign of an update to the database.
There are currently no open/pending submissions from you in the system.
Did you follow-up on it? It may have been rejected for any number of reasons.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
SwiftMann
Sunday, January 15, 2017 10:13:59 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Rex_Kramer wrote:

It's in the database as IVX which is the indicia title.

It's likely your submission for "Inhumans vs X-Men" was rejected.
Rex_Kramer
Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:20:06 PM
Thanks for the quick response, guys! Was driving me nuts not being able to add those books.