Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » SUPERHERO SHOWDOWN » SHS 1, Fight 9 - Flash Vs. Lobo on the Enterprise

Poll Question: Who wins on the way to Babel (Poll is closed)

• Flash (Barry Allen)
    47%
    9 vote(s)
  • Lobo
    52%
    10 vote(s)

SHS 1, Fight 9 - Flash Vs. Lobo on the Enterprise

5 pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
comicuniversity
Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:05:20 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator
Not for nothing, but why don't you just push back the next fight, or run two fights concurrently.

I'm sure the rest of us would love to see a character eliminated, rather than given a bye.

Just an idea. I won't be ticked either way. This has been fun for me, with the exception of this cheating part.
ShenValleyInitiative
Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:14:39 AM
Groups: Member
Good fight fellas, but Flash would completely wreck Lobo in like 2 seconds. Big Grin

Hate to see the drama, but glad to see it was dealt with quickly.
LadyJay
Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:59:57 AM
Groups: Member, Super Hero Showdown Host
comicuniversity wrote:
Not for nothing, but why don't you just push back the next fight, or run two fights concurrently.

I'll answer this, then hopefully we can move on.

Reposting the fight was one of several options that were considered. There's really no option that's entirely fair to everybody. I'm sure that most of the other managers would have liked to see one of these two characters eliminated.

There were several issues raised that went into our decision. When you get down to it though, the people most directly impacted by the voting issues are the two managers who were involved in the fight. Neither of them had anything to do with the problems that arose. Since Icarus technically won, it's not fair to ask him to replay the fight and risk a different result. On the other hand, the posted score may or may not have influenced Clint's decsions in the last hour or two of the fight. Rather than penalize either Clint or Icarus, we decided that the fairest course of action was to let both managers keep their fighters.

So, yes, someone essential gets an "extra life". As I said to begin with, there's no solution that's 100% fair to everyone in the game. We've tried to make the best decision we could given the circumstances.
I choose to speak with my pocket-book
comicscastle
Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:28:06 PM
Groups: Member
frozilla wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:
I would like to see people who vote leave a comment explaining why they voted the way they did as well. I think seeing others post rationales would be fun but its not mandatory for them to do that.

Not only would chiming in saying why you voted the way you did add more fun to the tournament, it'd also be a check against that guy who voted 3-4 times in this one. It's just a game, no need to stoop to that level of multi-voting. I'd liek to thank LadyJay for keeping a vigilant eye on things.
I vote in every match and never leave a comment. This goes back to the first DC contest of champions where my participation cost me a regular customer to my store. I know it's hard to believe but a customer that ordered once or twice a month to the tune of about $100 got very upset because I helped get his fighter beaten. To this day he has not ordered from me again. I know it's stupid, but it isn't a chance I want to take. That's also the reason I don't play the game as a manager.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

b0bafett
Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:33:00 PM
Groups: Guru, Member
Couldn't you just let the 2 managers repick what char.'s thay want to use acting like there fight is next & the last one never happen
comicuniversity
Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:00:55 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator
understood ladyjay. I know you all are just trying to be as fair as possible. Just sucks cheaters have to ruin the danged game. I'd feel a lot better if lobo was gone and icarus was without one of his cards. Lol.
comic clint
Tuesday, July 03, 2018 10:38:49 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host
are we back? Things look like they are abuz in the forums--- sorry Ive been drawing like a mad man :(
YOU CAN CHECK OUT MY WORK AND CONTACT ME FOR ART HERE

THE PRECIOUS PRESENT IS A GREAT BOOK THAT YOU SHOULD READ SOMEDAY SOON
-clint yeager, Professional Sketch Card Artist- Upper Deck, Unstoppable Cards, Viceroy, Monsterwax, Marty and Boo's Cards, ID Art Cards, Cult Stuff