Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » Software/Website Updates » Information about your collection
3 pages: 1 2 [3]
MoonKnight1
Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:16:53 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
KnifeTricks wrote:
We've got a brand new, shiny, glorious way to search the entire database Daydreaming . And it doesn't take ages to load anymore!
How does it work?
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Howie's Saying of the Week

Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still - Chinese Proverb

Take a look at my eBay Store! Hall Liquidations
KnifeTricks
Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:49:39 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Subscriber
MoonKnight1 wrote:
KnifeTricks wrote:
We've got a brand new, shiny, glorious way to search the entire database Daydreaming . And it doesn't take ages to load anymore!
How does it work?

It's using a new paging system that loads results 30 items at a time instead of loading the entire database and then narrowing that down to 30 results. Or something along those lines... i'm not a programmer Nerd .

Also we have much better title cards, so no more giant results taking up your entire browser window.

Chance Butler
Graphics

e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Thundercron
Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:31:26 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Since we're on the subject of searches, what was the verdict regarding my suggestion to have items searchable by caption keywords? It would certainly help buyers find specific variants or editions they're looking for.
KnifeTricks
Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:19:48 PM
Thundercron wrote:
Since we're on the subject of searches, what was the verdict regarding my suggestion to have items searchable by caption keywords? It would certainly help buyers find specific variants or editions they're looking for.

To do this properly would require the addition of a document database style search.

The relational search we have now is great for information/wiki style searching, which is half of CCLs purpose. It's bad for marketplace style searching... CCLs other half. Ideally we'd like to switch the "Shop" search over to a document database that would weight results based on accuracy and show individual listings, much like a search on eBay or Amazon. That's no easy task though, and it would require a new database (of which we already have many...Wall )

It would probably be one of the most beneficial changes we could make to CCL. Once we tackle this current update that's something we'll look at.

Chance Butler
Graphics

SwiftMann
Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:39:43 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
1) I hope the final version of search doesn't show the same cover twice because there's only one in the result.

2) In theory, Tags should resolve the caption search question.
KnifeTricks
Friday, August 17, 2018 9:03:46 AM
SwiftMann wrote:
1) I hope the final version of search doesn't show the same cover twice because there's only one in the result.

2) In theory, Tags should resolve the caption search question.

Tags aren't public, they're just for organizing your personal collection. Only you will see your created tags.

Chance Butler
Graphics

Thundercron
Friday, August 17, 2018 2:34:24 PM
Shop at My Store
Ah, y'all are both wrong! Laughing

Swifty is talking about the website tags, which are public even when you're not logged on.

I did some tests. I typed in both "30 cent" and "30-cent" into the search to find the old Marvel variants of the seventies. Nothing came up. Maybe I should have typed ".30"? Who knows.

Then I typed in "Whitman," and the only thing to show up were the Marvel Whitman editions. The DC Whitmans weren't there, not were any Disney Whitman covers, because I guess there is no tag for them. The caption search would solve the problem because all these issues have "Whitman" in the caption, despite no tag. Also, the Marvel Whitman search result just showed a long list of those issues in the database. I would have to click on each one to find one for sale. Not very user friendly. Not to mention the current search for tags is done under "Story Arc," which isn't the most obvious way to find these issues for someone new to the site.
KnifeTricks
Friday, August 17, 2018 2:50:50 PM
Thundercron wrote:

Swifty is talking about the website tags, which are public even when you're not logged on.

I did some tests. I typed in both "30 cent" and "30-cent" into the search to find the old Marvel variants of the seventies. Nothing came up. Maybe I should have typed ".30"? Who knows.

Then I typed in "Whitman," and the only thing to show up were the Marvel Whitman editions. The DC Whitmans weren't there, not were any Disney Whitman covers, because I guess there is no tag for them. The caption search would solve the problem because all these issues have "Whitman" in the caption, despite no tag. Also, the Marvel Whitman search result just showed a long list of those issues in the database. I would have to click on each one to find one for sale. Not very user friendly. Not to mention the current search for tags is done under "Story Arc," which isn't the most obvious way to find these issues for someone new to the site.

We have so many searches on this website.

I remember when we use to have to type everything exact here on CCL for the search to even work, dashes, periods and all. Wall

Chance Butler
Graphics

Thundercron
Friday, August 17, 2018 2:54:01 PM
Shop at My Store
KnifeTricks wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

I remember when we use to have to type everything exact here on CCL for the search to even work, dashes, periods and all. Wall

It's still like that under the "Manage Inventory/Delist" search on the website.
KnifeTricks
Friday, August 17, 2018 3:02:37 PM
Thundercron wrote:
KnifeTricks wrote:

It's still like that under the "Manage Inventory/Delist" search on the website.

Inventory management for stores will be much easier when this new update drops. It's actually what we're working on at this very moment.

Chance Butler
Graphics

KnifeTricks
Friday, August 17, 2018 3:47:52 PM
SwiftMann wrote:

We fixed this, thanks.

Chance Butler
Graphics

KnifeTricks
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 2:34:52 PM
Lots of work getting done on CCL. The ability to hide variants is probably my favorite new addition Daydreaming

Chance Butler
Graphics