Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » VS » Who here would be interested in a live action battle tournament?

Who here would be interested in a live action battle tournament?

2 pages: 1 [2]
ObserverGuy
Saturday, June 17, 2017 5:03:13 PM
Groups: Member
Alright as part of the new movie characters we're adding in, I'm withdrawing both Nicci Legend of the Seeker and Savitar from Flash, and instead replace them with the following:

Maleficent (Angelina Jolie) and Diaval (Maleficent) - SHW

Lucy Pervertski w/ Click remote (Epic Movie) - SHW
I'm going to say this right now, Epic Movie is a horrible movie and I wouldn't advise anyone to watch it, but I'm seriously laughing hard at the thought of someone with the Click remote in this tourney and I rather it be either Jayma Mays or Kumar than Adam Sandler. Plus Jayma's a wizard in the movie too.

Jefferson Reed/Meteor Man (The Meteor Man) - HW

Serleena (Men in Black 2) - HW

Adding in one more combatant: Predator (jungle hunter) (Predator) - MW

Just to clarify, this is the Predator from the first film as I felt it was the most skilled portrayed in the movies, however we're giving it the arsenal of the Predator from the 2nd film. So basically the plasma castor, wrist blades are a given, but it also has the net launcher, homing disk, and small projectiles that it fires.
ObserverGuy
Monday, August 21, 2017 12:23:36 AM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Question #1: What about adding multiple characters from the same movie? i.e. Load up on Jedi Knights

Question #2: How about multiple characters played by the same actor/actress? i.e. Milla Jovovich as Leeloo from The Fifth Element and also her as Alice from the Resident Evil flicks?

I'm liking this! Hopefully more CCLers will get involved! Daydreaming Call Me

Quoting this again since you mentioned Star Wars characters, I'm going to throw in a unique selection from the recent Star Wars movies.

Blue Squadron U-Wing (Laren Joma, Bistan and infantry troops) (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) - HW
MoonKnight1
Monday, September 04, 2017 11:27:31 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Sorry it's been a while since I have posted here. Been up to my eyeballs in work the past 2-3 months.

OK, so here's who I got:

Leeloo - Milla Jovovich (Fifth Element) not sure where to slot her. She might be on the border of MW and HW

The Mask - Jim Carrey SHW just because he is pretty much impervious to harm, has some powerful abilities as well as some form of mind control powers

Inspector Gadget - Matthew Broderick HW

God - Morgan Freeman from the Almighty movies SHW

Dr Weir. (post possession) Sam Neill (Event Horizon) HW

Riddick - Vin Deisel (Pitch Black, etc.) MW

Leonidas (300) LW

Ego (Guardians of the Galaxy 2) SHW

Yondu (GOTG2) HW don't like going with two characters from the same movie but I couldn't decide between them

Pinhead (Hellraiser) HW (Maybe SHW?)

Tall Man (Phantasm) HW of course he would have control of the deadly flying orbs

Dr Manhattan (Watchmen) SHW

What do you think? I'm flexible on some of the power rankings

Oh, I also want to make the Tick the Amazon version. Watched it - Awesome!
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Howie's Saying of the Week

Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still - Chinese Proverb

Take a look at my eBay Store! Hall Liquidations
ObserverGuy
Tuesday, September 05, 2017 12:55:43 AM
Interesting selections there. I'll voice my own opinions on them.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Sorry it's been a while since I have posted here. Been up to my eyeballs in work the past 2-3 months.

OK, so here's who I got:

Leeloo - Milla Jovovich (Fifth Element) not sure where to slot her. She might be on the border of MW and HW

I think she's just a LW or MW if we're being generous in the context of this tournament. Her biggest power is firing off that light to stop the great evil, but she needed the element stones with her to do it. It's also debatable what it can do to the opponents in this tournament.

Outside that, she seems to primarily be a fancy martial artist. I don't remember her even having a gun. We've seen Gary Oldman can just shoot her down and wouldn't put Gary in that movie beyond a LW.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
The Mask - Jim Carrey SHW just because he is pretty much impervious to harm, has some powerful abilities as well as some form of mind control powers

This looks right. He's basically a cartoon character armed with Looney Tunes powers to the gills.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Inspector Gadget - Matthew Broderick HW

I question this. It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I recall Matthew's Gadget being a bit too stupid to be a HW. Thankfully not as stupid as his cartoon counterpart, but his ineptness seriously brings him down. He's definitely not someone I would pick to beat most of the MWs and even several LWs from what I remember.

I say Broderick's Gadget is either a LW or maybe MW if you think he might be able to pull it off.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
God - Morgan Freeman from the Almighty movies SHW

Now this one is interesting. Wouldn't this type of God by default be a cosmic level being and too overpowered? We know everything Bruce can do in those movies, Freeman can do and Freeman still had plenty of power left over as evident how he can still communicate with Bruce freely and still knew what was going on in the world.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Dr Weir. (post possession) Sam Neill (Event Horizon) HW

Also been a while since I saw this movie, but what could Sam Neill do in this form again? I mainly remember he sneaked attacked someone then killed him using medical tools to cut him open. Then I remember Lawrence Fishburn fighting him for a bit to save his crew. Outside that some minor superstrength, I don't recall anything else he did outside being mutilated looking.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Riddick - Vin Deisel (Pitch Black, etc.) MW

Riddick I think would be a LW. Not quite high enough in my opinion to be a MW especially since he doesn't even have a gun from what I remember.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Leonidas (300) LW

Ego (Guardians of the Galaxy 2) SHW

Haven't seen the recent GOTG 2, but from what I'm hearing, these rankings should fit. Though in saying that, does this mean every match against Ego his opponents are automatically fighting on the planet Ego? Leonidas is fine.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Yondu (GOTG2) HW don't like going with two characters from the same movie but I couldn't decide between them

As said above, haven't seen the 2nd movie, but does Yondu have any additional weapons or equipment besides the whistle arrow? I can't see him being anything above a MW if that's the case. It's a cool and powerful weapon, but quite limited overall and Yondu himself can just be shot down like anyone else.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Pinhead (Hellraiser) HW (Maybe SHW?)

Tall Man (Phantasm) HW of course he would have control of the deadly flying orbs

Only seen parts of both movies on TV, but what abilities do they have besides Pinhead summoning chains and Tall Man summon chrome orbs that Captain Phasma was named after and both having some degree of damage resistance? I'm reading both their powers on wiki, and it seems a bit hard to know how to peg them down without knowing the full scope you want them portrayed like. For example does Tall Man have his Lurker minions? I'm assuming another Tall Man doesn't replace him if he dies since that technically counts as another combatant, or did you have that feature in mind?

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Dr Manhattan (Watchmen) SHW

Interesting choice. Some can argue he might be a bit overpowered, but I'll throw him in and see what others say.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
What do you think? I'm flexible on some of the power rankings

Oh, I also want to make the Tick the Amazon version. Watched it - Awesome!

Already comment above. Consider the Tick swapped to the Amazon version. Some of the picks I'll put in, but I think some of their rankings need some re-evulating. Think of the rankings overall like the toughness level in a video game. Do you really think the next level boss after Leeloo, Yondu, Dr, Weir and Inspector Gadget are Dr. Manhattan, The Mask, Ego and Morgan Freeman God? I feel like there are several levels missing in between.

With that said, I think some of the TV characters need to be reevaluated too now that movie characters are in the mix.

Do we really think River Tam, Worf, Max, Steve Austin and Chance Harper are MWs anymore? River, Steve, Chance and Max are purely meelee characters unless Chance has some guns.

River is probably Leeloo level with weaker striking power (at least that's what Leeloo's wiki says). Most of River's potential MW ranking comes from beating up groups of bar partons and reavers. While impressive, I feel like some of the high level LWs from the movies with lots of firepower and/or skills can do the same thing. Outside that, she feels kind of vulnerable with her lack of range capability and no protection.

Max is probably Buffy/Faith level from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, except she's actually better at bullet dodging than anyone on either BTVS or Angel. Either LW or MW, I seriously have to put some thought into what are her odds against high end movie LWs.

Steve Austin comes from the time where TV censors didn't even allow characters to throw a punch and the dude had some seriously trouble against the likes of Bigfoot and even regular people.

Worf might have a phaser, but that's really it. I don't recall klingons being physically any different than humans. You go from Frank Martin and Judge Dredd to Worf being the next level boss? That doesn't really sound right. I also recall humans didn't have any trouble taking out Worf in 1 vs 1 combat on ST: Next Generation while crime bosses have to pretty much send their personal small army against Frank Martin and Dredd and that still wasn't enough.

I don't know about Chance Harper, but how well can he defend himself in a fight?

BTW any chance have you seen the Stephen King movie Dark Tower? It looks like either Idris or Matthew could be tough combatants. Also do you still want to keep the Lou Ferrigno Hulk or do you prefer to swap him out for movie Hulk now that he's available? He'll probably be a SHW I think.

Anyways putting in the new entries while wanting to hear your thoughts on the characters I brought up. I'm also putting these two entries now that you gave me some ideas.

John McClane (Die Hard franchise) - LW
Leprechaun - Warwick Davis (Leprechaun franchise) - HW (I think. Will have to rewatch his movies, but I recall he had some versatile magic, but had differing weaknesses throughout, so will have to fully gauge all of that.)
ObserverGuy
Friday, September 22, 2017 4:41:47 AM
Was just watching a review of the movie The Sorcerer's Apprentice and saw and actor who I always wanted to use in one of these things.

Number Six - Teresa Palmer (I am Number Four) - MW
ObserverGuy
Sunday, October 07, 2018 8:55:10 PM
Bumping this just in case anyone else gets interested?