Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Website/Live Market » Site Retailers Going Downhill
7 pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
ygogolak
Monday, January 07, 2019 1:37:21 PM
Groups: Member
Not sure what the deal is, but I have had a number of bad experiences lately. I have used this site for many years and have found it one of the more reliable sites on the web. Probably the most reliable among those that aggregate different sellers. The past month or so I have had some bad experiences and I wonder what they check system is on this site?

1. Seller A: Shipped one of three comics. I messaged them as to why that happened. They read it and didn't respond. Messaged again and they have not opened it after two weeks.

2. Seller B: Ordered comics. Received a message that my order was cancelled. Low and behold, they now have an eBay listing up for 50x their price when it was listed on here. It was $1, they now have it listed on eBay for $50. Sent a message asking what happened and have not received a response.

3. Seller C: Shipped comic Media Mail and it came damaged. Why is Media Mail an allowable option for comic sellers? It is against USPS regulations to ship Media Mail.
https://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121_tech.htm

At this point I am rethinking ordering through this site as there is no repercussion for sellers.
Thundercron
Monday, January 07, 2019 3:15:47 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Sorry to hear you're having a bad streak. Here are my two cents:

1. Seller A: File a paypal claim for not receiving what you ordered. Leave a villain rating. Don't buy from them again.

2. Seller B: Unfortunately, there's nothing stopping a seller from doing these types of unscrupulous things. You got your refund--so technically you're only out the possibility of a really good deal that fell through. Make a mental note about this seller. Don't buy from them again.

3. Seller C: The legitimacy of sending comics via media mail has been debating on these forums ad nauseam. Let's not do that here. Instead, look for sellers that offer a variety of shipping options. Choose the ones that offer first class or Priority Mail shipping. Use those sellers and those shipping methods. Always be wary of a seller that has only bare-bones shipping options.

Do these things and the bad sellers eventually get rooted out naturally.
MoonKnight1
Monday, January 07, 2019 5:07:29 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
At the risk of repeating what Corey just said, I'll repeat what Corey just said. And add a little of my own.

Yeah, very sorry to hear you have had some bad experiences lately. I see that you've been around for a while and it appears you like the site so thank you for that. Just like you I also think this is a very reliable place to buy and sell but just like anywhere else there are going to be difficulties every once in a while.

1 - Inventory problems happen and I get that. No communication is the problem here. I would advise you to contact Steve Boyd (The_Valiant_One) either via PM or call the help desk at 615-264-4747 and ask for Steve. Tell him what has happened so they are aware of the situation and the Seller in question. If you have to resort to a PayPal claim then do that. A Villain FB would be warranted.

2 - Not something I would do personally but unfortunately I don't think there's much that can be done about that. I've been "burned" a few times before by selling something that is way under priced. I suck it up and ship it. Don't buy from that seller again.

3 - Also not interested in getting into the Media Mail debate. I will say that no matter what option you choose - Media, Standard, First Class, Priority, Express, etc. it's not going to guarantee that the contents won't get damaged during transit. It's all about how you pack it.

For the record, I offer both Media Mail and Priority Mail options in my store. If someone prefers Priority then they have that choice. Either way, I pack orders as best I can to protect them from damage.

There actually are repercussions here for bad sellers. I can think of a handful of stores over the years who have been warned, suspended and/or deleted/banned because of poor performance. Not going to mention any names but I'm sure that some people know who I'm talking about.

I hope you decide to stick around. Go with sellers you know and trust and if you decide to try a new store just do a test order. Get something small and relatively inexpensive to see how they treat it.

Howie's Saying of the Week

The people I distrust most are those who want to improve our lives but have only one course of action in mind - Frank Herbert

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
ratrapp
Tuesday, January 08, 2019 6:07:39 AM
my only real problem with sellers on here and its not all of them by any means is grading.i've had a few graded cgc books in my time so I have a fair idea what vg vs. vf is.i;ve bought several issues here in the last month and so many of them were listed as vf and were more like vg plus at best.i don't complain because they were mostly 1 to 2 dollar books.but it makes me hesitant to drop 50 dollars and up for a book here because of this.you can look at sellers feedback and see who has more complaints about grading.
ygogolak
Tuesday, January 08, 2019 7:09:34 PM
Thundercron wrote:
Sorry to hear you're having a bad streak. Here are my two cents:

1. Seller A: File a paypal claim for not receiving what you ordered. Leave a villain rating. Don't buy from them again.

2. Seller B: Unfortunately, there's nothing stopping a seller from doing these types of unscrupulous things. You got your refund--so technically you're only out the possibility of a really good deal that fell through. Make a mental note about this seller. Don't buy from them again.

3. Seller C: The legitimacy of sending comics via media mail has been debating on these forums ad nauseam. Let's not do that here. Instead, look for sellers that offer a variety of shipping options. Choose the ones that offer first class or Priority Mail shipping. Use those sellers and those shipping methods. Always be wary of a seller that has only bare-bones shipping options.

Do these things and the bad sellers eventually get rooted out naturally.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
At the risk of repeating what Corey just said, I'll repeat what Corey just said. And add a little of my own.

Yeah, very sorry to hear you have had some bad experiences lately. I see that you've been around for a while and it appears you like the site so thank you for that. Just like you I also think this is a very reliable place to buy and sell but just like anywhere else there are going to be difficulties every once in a while.

1 - Inventory problems happen and I get that. No communication is the problem here. I would advise you to contact Steve Boyd (The_Valiant_One) either via PM or call the help desk at 615-264-4747 and ask for Steve. Tell him what has happened so they are aware of the situation and the Seller in question. If you have to resort to a PayPal claim then do that. A Villain FB would be warranted.

2 - Not something I would do personally but unfortunately I don't think there's much that can be done about that. I've been "burned" a few times before by selling something that is way under priced. I suck it up and ship it. Don't buy from that seller again.

3 - Also not interested in getting into the Media Mail debate. I will say that no matter what option you choose - Media, Standard, First Class, Priority, Express, etc. it's not going to guarantee that the contents won't get damaged during transit. It's all about how you pack it.

For the record, I offer both Media Mail and Priority Mail options in my store. If someone prefers Priority then they have that choice. Either way, I pack orders as best I can to protect them from damage.

There actually are repercussions here for bad sellers. I can think of a handful of stores over the years who have been warned, suspended and/or deleted/banned because of poor performance. Not going to mention any names but I'm sure that some people know who I'm talking about.

I hope you decide to stick around. Go with sellers you know and trust and if you decide to try a new store just do a test order. Get something small and relatively inexpensive to see how they treat it.

Thank you for the replies.
I have had the Medial Mail discussion for many years as well. However, why is this still a debate when it is clearly stated on USPS website: "Media Mail packages may not contain advertising. Comic books do not meet this standard. "
Is the issue that you don't agree with stance on the issue and will not abide by their rules? This brings up other issues in my opinion.
Mobtownjoe
Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:15:33 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:

I happen to agree with Howie, Protection by center-packing and other protection practices on orders keeps the order damage WAY down to nothing. Shipping in a cheap bubble envelope with 2 backerboards as protection just will not do!

GREAT SELLERS do 2 things:

1. Communicate with you within 48 hours
and
2. Promptly REFUND and\or Make up for their mistakes.

If you get a mis-graded book, just ask for a return and refund. Books get damaged\ bag-swapped\ mis-graded\ shopworn ALL the time. It happens. It's part of everyday selling.

BEST: If you do not want a book, DO NOT keep it! Give it back via return and get a refund.

and DO stick around. Don't let crappy sellers turn you off.
b0bafett
Friday, January 11, 2019 3:27:09 PM
Groups: Guru, Member
Seller B: Ordered comics. Received a message that my order was cancelled. Low and behold, they now have an eBay listing up for 50x their price when it was listed on here. It was $1, they now have it listed on eBay for $50. Sent a message asking what happened and have not received a response.

This is part why I don't buy from here as much as I used to. The other one that I hated was opps sorry just sold it on ebay. Never understood why you would list the book in more then one place.

Thundercron
Saturday, January 12, 2019 2:42:16 AM
Shop at My Store
There's no reason why you can't list a book both here and on ebay, and also try to sell them at a comic show--all at the same time. It's not hard to simply delist it from here when it sells elsewhere. That's apparently too hard of a task for some sellers.
ygogolak
Sunday, January 13, 2019 8:41:17 AM
b0bafett wrote:
Seller B: Ordered comics. Received a message that my order was cancelled. Low and behold, they now have an eBay listing up for 50x their price when it was listed on here. It was $1, they now have it listed on eBay for $50. Sent a message asking what happened and have not received a response.

This is part why I don't buy from here as much as I used to. The other one that I hated was opps sorry just sold it on ebay. Never understood why you would list the book in more then one place.

And the problem with this is that there is no way to leave bad feedback or notify other buyers that this happened. As I originally asked, there are nonreprocussions for this type of behavior.
Xylob
Sunday, January 13, 2019 9:34:45 AM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Thundercron wrote:
There's no reason why you can't list a book both here and on ebay, and also try to sell them at a comic show--all at the same time. It's not hard to simply delist it from here when it sells elsewhere. That's apparently too hard of a task for some sellers.
Corey, I think you missed the point. OP was complaining about sellers who just don't give a damn &/or have no concept of Customer Service and will never be able to understand the concept of building a loyal customer base.
Those are the reasons why THEY can't list a book here and on eBay. It's not that it's too hard of a task to delist it here if it sells elsewhere, it's that they don't care and are too lazy to put forth the proper effort.

Jeez man, it's not always about YOU.....
Laughing Tongue
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
MoonKnight1
Sunday, January 13, 2019 1:10:17 PM
Shop at My Store
ygogolak wrote:

Site Retailers Going Downhill

Not sure what the deal is, but I have had a number of bad experiences lately. I have used this site for many years and have found it one of the more reliable sites on the web. Probably the most reliable among those that aggregate different sellers. The past month or so I have had some bad experiences and I wonder what they check system is on this site?

1. Seller A: Shipped one of three comics. I messaged them as to why that happened. They read it and didn't respond. Messaged again and they have not opened it after two weeks.

2. Seller B: Ordered comics. Received a message that my order was cancelled. Low and behold, they now have an eBay listing up for 50x their price when it was listed on here. It was $1, they now have it listed on eBay for $50. Sent a message asking what happened and have not received a response.

3. Seller C: Shipped comic Media Mail and it came damaged. Why is Media Mail an allowable option for comic sellers? It is against USPS regulations to ship Media Mail.
https://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121_tech.htm

At this point I am rethinking ordering through this site as there is no repercussion for sellers.

ygogolak wrote:

Site Retailers Going Downhill

This is a blanket statement. I understand that you have had some recent bad experiences and I am sorry about that. I'm guessing that in the same time frame you had positive experiences as well? I know the Marketplace here isn't as robust as it used to be but there are still plenty of quality stores here that are not going downhill.

ygogolak wrote:

There are repercussions for this. Villain feedback, PayPal claim, contact MidTen. Sellers here have been warned, suspended, put on probation and had their accounts deleted for poor performance/bad business practices. Don't want to mention any names (Cough - Don - Cough)

ygogolak wrote:

Sure, not much you can do there. I have had that happen to me a number of times on eBay where I'm bidding on something and all of a sudden it's gone. Then I see it relisted later for a higher reserve. No repercussions.

ygogolak wrote:

I offer Priority Mail shipping in my store! I also pack well enough so that comics do not show up damaged. Big Grin

This is actually a two part complaint.

1 - Comics shipped Media Mail

Comic Collector Live does not dictate how sellers ship their products. Neither does eBay.

2 - Comics arrived damaged

Packed correctly, comics will arrive undamaged no matter which shipping option you select.

ygogolak wrote:

I hope you do rethink, and decide to stay. I'm not saying that because I want your money, in fact I'm not sure if you have ever bought from me. And that's fine. I do believe strongly enough in this site to say that we do have some great sellers here and if you are unhappy then there are ways to express that. This happens to be one of those ways.

I appreciate you expressing your concerns in a well thought out manner and furthering a constructive conversation.

The people I distrust most are those who want to improve our lives but have only one course of action in mind - Frank Herbert

MoonKnight1
Sunday, January 13, 2019 1:12:09 PM
Shop at My Store
Xylob wrote:
building a loyal customer base.

I have one of those! Big Hug

Xylob wrote:
Jeez man, it's not always about YOU.....
Laughing Tongue

You're right. It always all about ME! Daydreaming

HeroComics
Monday, January 14, 2019 11:04:23 AM
Shop at My Store
ygogolak wrote:

ANY critique I have encountered has made me a BETTER seller. We all NEED postings from customers like you, or it BECOMES a sitewide problem.

BAD SELLERS are on CCL.
BAD SELLERS are on AMAZON.
BAD SELLERS are on eBay.

If a Seller does not stand 100% behind what they sell AND DELIVER to YOU, then move on from that seller.

It's not CCL that is bad, it is just BAD selling.

I recognize how frustrating this is, but PLEASE don't blame CCL.

WE NEED YOU.
Need help with a Change Request?
Click here to Contact an approver!
Site problem or more questions?

CCL Contact information:

EMAIL: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com General customer service questions
OR steve@golocomedia.com for password and security, order problems,credit card updates, and unresolved issues.
PHONE: 615-264-4747
CCL Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm CST.
ygogolak
Monday, January 14, 2019 11:47:53 AM
MoonKnight1 wrote:

This is a blanket statement. I understand that you have had some recent bad experiences and I am sorry about that. I'm guessing that in the same time frame you had positive experiences as well? I know the Marketplace here isn't as robust as it used to be but there are still plenty of quality stores here that are not going downhill.

Yes, it is a blanket statement. There are sellers who continue to deliver as promised. But the mix of good and bad has increased. Thus, overall it has gone downhill for me personally.
ygogolak
Monday, January 14, 2019 11:50:56 AM
HeroComics wrote:

ANY critique I have encountered has made me a BETTER seller. We all NEED postings from customers like you, or it BECOMES a sitewide problem.

BAD SELLERS are on CCL.
BAD SELLERS are on AMAZON.
BAD SELLERS are on eBay.

If a Seller does not stand 100% behind what they sell AND DELIVER to YOU, then move on from that seller.

It's not CCL that is bad, it is just BAD selling.

I recognize how frustrating this is, but PLEASE don't blame CCL.

WE NEED YOU.

Agreed, thanks for the response.
MoonKnight1
Monday, January 14, 2019 12:20:52 PM
Shop at My Store
ygogolak wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Yes, it is a blanket statement. There are sellers who continue to deliver as promised. But the mix of good and bad has increased. Thus, overall it has gone downhill for me personally.

That's fair. Continue using the Sellers you trust and hold accountable the ones who you have had a bad experience with.

Speaking of which, if you don't mind my asking, have you been able to get any resolution with the seller who shorted you? Not asking for you to name them, just wondering if the situation has been resolved.

Shadowdodger
Monday, January 14, 2019 1:16:10 PM
My two cents:

I have been a member of CCL from very early on and do 90+% of my comic buying here.
Yes there are bad sellers, but I have been fortunate enough never to have encountered one here. I tend to stick to the seller's I've dealt with in the past (Howie's Hall of Heroes, Symbiotik, RTS PTG, ComicsMD, Blue Moon Comics and a few others). If there's seller I want to try I place a small order to test them out.

I'm sorry you are having a bad experience, but please don't think that is indicative of the many hard-working, stand-up sellers here. Heck, maybe give one of the ones I mentioned a try. You'll be glad you did.
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
b0bafett
Monday, January 14, 2019 4:55:44 PM
Groups: Guru, Member
I don't hold CCL accountable for bad sellers ,but I do hold CCL accountable for letting stores cancel orders to just relist the same book for a higher price, or cancel orders because you order more then 1 of the same comic book. To me if I place a order & pay for it & the seller decides to cancel it for a stupid reason then I should have the right to leave neg. feedback for them to help warn other buyers that this happened. You would think CCL would do something about it since they also lose money when the sale is canceled. Atleast I think they do.

For those of you that keep saying buy from the same stores the issue with that is they ran out of books that I was looking for.

MoonKnight1
Monday, January 14, 2019 5:56:20 PM
Shop at My Store
b0bafett wrote:
For those of you that keep saying buy from the same stores the issue with that is they ran out of books that I was looking for.

I'm listing new stuff all of the time. What are you looking for? Angel

Xylob
Monday, January 14, 2019 7:23:35 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
b0bafett wrote:

same here.... There are plenty of great sellers here still, but the well has dried up for me as I bought all the stuff from them I wanted, but still haven't gotten all I need.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...