Welcome Guest Active Topics
MoonKnight1
Thursday, January 31, 2019 4:18:29 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Due to circumstances that I was unable to control, I have to move from the house where I have been living for the past 20 odd years.

It's not the best situation but it's also far from the worst. I have gotten through tougher times and I will make it through this as well. Colleen and I will be living together and looking for a new house, which we have been kinda/sorta doing anyway and I'm getting a spiffy warehouse location with climate control, 24 hour security, electricity and right next to the Post Office!

That should make it easier for me to organize. Right now I have comics all over the place (boxed up, of course) and sometimes it's hard to remember where something is. Having it all in one place will simplify that and ever since I found out I was going to have to move I have been consolidating.

The thing that worries me the most about all of this is my cats. A lot of you might remember that I take care of a bunch of strays in my neighborhood. Right now it's seven. There's no way I can abandon them. I am going to do my best to make sure they are taken care of.

I'm going to leave behind one but only because he has someone here who will look out for him. My buddy Dan lives across the street and he and his wife Sarah have been feeding Sidler for years and he actually stays over there more than he does over here. He'll be fine. Plus I'll come and visit him from time to time.

I'm going to try and take Skittles over as an inside cat. He is older (7-9 years maybe?) and all he ever does is sit on a chair and sleep so he should fit in. Colleen already has three cats by the way.

Then there are the Three Brothers - Odin, Bandit and Krayzee Eyes. Those 3 always stick together and have always lived outside. I think if I move them together and release them together in the same spot then they might be OK. I'm bringing over some chairs and bedding that they're familiar with so hopefully that will help. The area where Colleen lives is a little more rural than where I'm coming from. So there will be less cars but more wildlife dangers.

The one that worries me the most is Jezebel. She is probably 10-12 years old and has lived outside pretty much her entire life. She had kittens when I caught her and we actually still have one, Leela. She has already been showing signs of distemper but she has also been starting to like the indoor life. I'm not sure what do do with her, I'm very torn.

Lastly there is Missy. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to leave her here. I have never been able to catch her myself. I feed her every day but I have probably touched her only a dozen times or so. One of the other neighbors got her spayed so I'm going to let her know I won't be around anymore so she can look out for the kitty.

My store will be on Vacation Mode for a while until everything gets sorted. Hopefully less than a week but I might be back and forth as things progress. Things are still fluid right now so I'm not sure what the timetable is.

I will keep you updated.

Howie's Saying of the Week

A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be - Wayne Gretzky

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
ratrapp
Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:34:53 PM
Groups: Member
good luck on the move and with the cats as well.
Thundercron
Friday, February 01, 2019 1:45:39 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Moving sucks.
padreglcc
Friday, February 01, 2019 8:38:10 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Good luck, Howie. Praying for you as you go through this transition.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
4saken1
Friday, February 01, 2019 11:34:26 AM
Shop at My Store
I hate moving. Hope I never have to do it again! Good luck with dem kitties!
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
SwiftMann
Friday, February 01, 2019 7:58:13 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Good luck, my friend!
lcfrick
Saturday, February 02, 2019 9:13:26 PM
Best of luck in your move! And good luck with the cats, too, I know how much fun that can be (both serious and a bit sarcastic).
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:11:14 AM
Shop at My Store
Almost done.

I am almost completely wiped out. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally.

Apparently I had way more stuff than I thought I had. Filled up a 10x30 storage spot, crammed Colleen's house full, threw away a bunch of junk and there's still some left.

Supposed to be done today but I'm not sure if that's going to happen.

Hoping to reopen my store soon. Think it might be next Monday or maybe this weekend.

Thank you for all of the well wishes, this is certainly one of the tougher things I have had to deal with.

A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be - Wayne Gretzky

Thundercron
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 11:47:31 AM
Shop at My Store
You've been on Vacation Mode all month and are still number nine on the Top Stores of the Month list. How does that happen? You're really working the mojo. Applause
MoonKnight1
Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:39:38 PM
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
You've been on Vacation Mode all month and are still number nine on the Top Stores of the Month list. How does that happen? You're really working the mojo. Applause

Well, to be fair, I reopened briefly at the request of a special customer. Big Hug

Very close to being able to open back up. Considering that my inventory was 116 boxes that I wanted to keep in order (one set from Box 1 to Box 93 and a second set from Box A to Box W) only a couple did not get placed correctly the night of the move. Turned out that the stickers I had used fell off of 2-3 boxes which explained why they were misplaced.

The warehouse is packed full but I still have room to move around. I've done so much lifting the last couple of weeks I have discovered that I still have abs! Dancing

Shadowdodger
Friday, February 15, 2019 9:14:35 AM
Good to have you back, brother! Dancing
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
MoonKnight1
Thursday, February 28, 2019 2:15:15 PM
Shop at My Store
It's done. Can't believe that I was able to move all that stuff in about three weeks.

Well, here's what the warehouse looks like. These pics are actually about a week old so I have done a bit of reorganizing since. I still have to go in and spend a few hours just getting a little more respectable order out of the chaos. You can't see it but there is a pretty big space in the hallway that I can set up a table for sorting if I need to.

There are a few minor drawbacks: the light is motion activated so if I'm towards the back longer than about 7-8 minutes it will turn off and I have to move to the front and wave my arms around; there is WiFi but it is extremely weak - I can access CCL, eBay and my e-mail however; the office and storage are now about 5 miles away so it might be a little harder to coordinate things; privacy is gone so no more working in the nude. Time Out

Bonuses are that the place is climate controlled which I cannot say about the old place; it is a secure space with tight access and plenty of safety measures; the Post Office is less than five minutes away; all of my stuff is easy to access.

Still having trouble dealing with the whole thing. It has been getting a little better. Sad to leave a place that I lived two decades out of my five on this planet and raised my daughter in. Could be worse so I am moving on and moving forward. I am resilient if nothing else.

Thank you to everyone who has reached out to me, I really appreciate it. Don't worry, I'll just get stronger from this. Big Grin