Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Website/Live Market » Site Retailers Going Downhill
7 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
MoonKnight1
Saturday, February 02, 2019 8:14:10 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
pthomas2010 wrote:
Very interesting thread here. It's a shame most threads don't have this much activity, but it's like this on the other comic book sites, too (CBR board is a shadow of its former self). Anyway, I'm a long-time member here who has bought from a bunch of different sellers over the years. Unfortunately, I rarely think about this site when I'm shopping. I don't know why, because I've gotten some great deals, but that's what happens. Bad transactions with a store here in the past have no bearing on whether to shop on the site at all. That seems like a ridiculous overreaction. When I do remember to shop here, I have reliable sellers I'm already confident in, and I usually find somebody new to do business with. The problems in the OP aren't limited to CCL. The first one is an inventory problem, inherent to any retail business (inherent to most companies with inventory, actually). Unless the entire inventory is inactive, there will always be mistakes, due to errors in entry or at time of sale, theft, damage, or loss not recorded when discovered. Instead of issuing refunds for missing books, I would prefer the seller contact me with options of taking the refund, substituting other books, or cancelling altogether. I feel like most buyers would agree with this. Of course, when the seller substitutes books, there is always the risk of leaving them listed, but that's just part of doing business. Things don't always go perfect.

I don't think it's a good practice to cancel a sale and relist at a higher price, but that's the nature of comics right now. Flippers are in the game along with regular retailers, and sometimes the retailers don't mind missing out on a few bucks. Sometimes they don't want to miss out on 50X the amount, so they correct their mistake when they realize it. Maybe they should give the buyer something, like a big "Thank You" for alerting them, but no more. Win some, lose some. Move on.

I could care less how my order is shipped if it's cheaped and packed well. I use Media Mail all the time sending hundreds of comics to mycomicshop.com, and never had a complaint from them or an issue with the USPS. Who cares? The employees don't handle Media Mail packages any different than others. They all get slung around by people who probably hate their jobs and just want to get finished. Pack them right, and they'll be fine.

I'm willing to give any seller a chance if they (banned) up once. Sometimes people have bad days. It's what happens from then on that matters to me. At the most, I'll leave a bad review and shop elsewhere on the site. Things like this aren't a big enough deal in my life to carry any further. Who needs anything else to be mad about?

What a refreshing take. Well said.

Very nice. Big Hug

Howie's Saying of the Week

Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny - C.S. Lewis

Take a look at my eBay Store! Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Saturday, February 02, 2019 8:17:31 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
lcfrick wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
lcfrick wrote:
b0bafett wrote:
Dancing Clown Big Grin Applause Cool Devil Laughing Hypnotized Wave

Hit page 6

Question is can we hit page 7

If everyone keeps making posts about what page we're on (I'm doing my part right now!) then you bet your butt we can!

Nah, we won't reach page seven....

Hey, what does everyone think of Donald Trump?

Wait wait wait wait--that's too off topic.

What do you think Donald Trump thinks about sending comics Media Mail?

There. That's legit.

Honestly, going by Trump's comments on Amazon's deal with the USPS, I'm going to guess that he would think that the USPS is letting itself get ripped off by customers who mail comics through media mail and that they should crack down heavily on people doing this.

On a less serious note, I'm sure he thinks that the USPS should renegotiate the media mail rates with customers and if the customers don't allow the rates to be increased so that a wall can be build around post office buildings to prevent customers from sending comics through media mail and if that doesn't happen, then the post office should just stop delivering mail. Currently it's a very bad deal and sad.

Laughing

Page 7!!!!Clown Dancing Party Applause

Howie's Saying of the Week

Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny - C.S. Lewis

Take a look at my eBay Store! Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Saturday, February 02, 2019 9:20:07 PM
Groups: Member
When it comes to the Post Office, I just think that most employees simply don't care (I doubt that I would if I worked there).

I recently got back into unloading some of my old comics or ones I bought with the intention of flipping (though I've only ever bought comics with the intention of flipping from either Vintage Stock, Half Price Books, or comic-cons) on that one auction site and on the very first shipping label I printed I forgot to edit the ounces and it had defaulted to one. I couldn't find anyway to edit the postage (not surprising) so I just figured I'd take it to the post office and if they said something, I'd offer to cover the difference in shipping. (I ship 1 or 2 comics through first class mail.)

Well, sure enough after scanning the package in, with the weight showing clearly on the screen and the weight that I paid for, not even a second hesitation and the next package was scanned.

I still stay honest with packages since then, but I've never had a post office employee make a single indication they were checking the actual weight of the package versus the paid postage weight.