Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Marvel Comics » Avengers Story Arcs

Poll Question: Most Influential Avengers Storyline?

• Kree/Skrull War
    50%
    2 vote(s)
  • Korvac Saga
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Avengers Forever
    25%
    1 vote(s)
  • Celestial Madonna
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Civil War
    25%
    1 vote(s)
  • Secret Invasion
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Vision Quest
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Disassembled
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • What else?
    0%
    0 vote(s)
MoonKnight1
Monday, April 08, 2019 3:56:56 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
We are approaching the release of Avengers 4: Endgame. April 26th to be exact.

All of these storylines that I am about to talk about have something intrinsic to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in general and the Avengers comics canon in particular. Some of them have already been explored on screen and others only hinted at but each has appeared in one way or another. Maybe we will see some themes explored more in the forthcoming movie?

What do you think about these?

Kree/Skrull War
Certainly one of the most iconic of all storylines, the Kree/Skrull War has had a tremendous effect in the Marvel Comics Universe and both alien races have now been introduced in the Cinematic U.

Korvac Saga
Michael Korvac has not shown up in the movies as far as I can tell but his erstwhile lover, Carina - daughter of the Collector, has. This also marked the first meeting between the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy. In the movies so far only Thor has encountered them and it appears that only Rocket Raccoon (er, I mean Rabbit?) is still around so we'll see about that.

Avengers Forever
This one is a rollicking romp through time and has more twists and turns than fusilli pasta tossed with pig tails and fried onion rings. Seeing as how the Time Stone appears to have some type of importance to the plot of the movie perhaps this arc could come into play?

Celestial Madonna
The Cinematic Universe version of Mantis bears slight resemblance to the comic book character and she did disintegrate after "the snap" but could it be possible that she might be the Chosen One?

Plus - Floating Heads Cover!!!Dancing

Civil War
Both comics and movies have done this. Question: will there be a reconciliation among the surviving heroes or will there be acrimony?

Secret Invasion
Hmmm...In the comic book reality what happened right after Civil War? In Avengers: Infinity War how many of the "heroes" who disappeared in the snap were Skrulls? Devil

Vision Quest
You might be unfamiliar with this storyline but allow me to slightly elaborate. In the John Byrne stint on West Coast Avengers, Vision was dismantled and then rebuilt - basically. They were able to reactivate him but he was definitely a changed character. I can see the same thing happening in the movie.

Disassembled
There is nothing specific to tie these story arcs together other than the Avengers suffer a devastating defeat and have to rebuild from ground zero. There was also a changing of the guard vibe which is an Avengers constant in the comics and an inevitability in the movies.

Your Alternate Choice!

Yes, I know I left out 2 or 3 or more essential Avengers stories. But, why should I do all the work? Devil Tell me what I omitted! If ya'll don't say anything soon then I will be forced to tell you my alternate selections! Waiting

Howie's Saying of the Week

Wahoo-wa! - Me

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
bluedevil2002
Tuesday, April 09, 2019 10:41:54 AM
Groups: Member
I imagine two of the omitted stories have to be Heroes Reborn and Operation: Galactic Storm.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Guardians of the Galaxy. In the movies so far only Thor has encountered them

After Thor took the away team from the Guardians, Iron Man met the rest.

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, April 09, 2019 10:49:10 AM
Shop at My Store
bluedevil2002 wrote:
I imagine two of the omitted stories have to be Heroes Reborn and Operation: Galactic Storm.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Guardians of the Galaxy. In the movies so far only Thor has encountered them

After Thor took the away team from the Guardians, Iron Man met the rest.

D'oh Yep. And Spidey as well. Loser

Absolutely Galactic Storm was one of the cuts. I hope to Odin they don't use any of the Heroes Reborn mess. Talk to the Hand

Wahoo-wa! - Me

bluedevil2002
Tuesday, April 09, 2019 11:59:58 AM
I'm not sure if Spidey counts as an Avenger in the MCU. The concept of Avengers membership got a little fuzzy in the last movie, and I'm not even talking about the ending. Technically, you could say that there really wasn't an Avengers team at all.
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, April 09, 2019 12:02:23 PM
Shop at My Store
Well, at one point during the movie Tony tells Peter, "Welcome to the Avengers" or something like that. Not sure how official that is.

BTW, did you happen to catch that basketball game last night, Chip? Angel

Wahoo-wa! - Me

bluedevil2002
Tuesday, April 09, 2019 12:02:36 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
I hope to Odin they don't use any of the Heroes Reborn mess. Talk to the Hand

Yeah...the only parts worth mining are the Jim Lee books. I liked FF and Iron Man. Can't really remember anything that stood out from the other two. If we hadn't already had two versions of the FF in movies, I would recommend that Marvel Studios takes a look at the first HR FF arc for a movie. But I think we're all tired of origin stories.
bluedevil2002
Tuesday, April 09, 2019 12:11:56 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Well, at one point during the movie Tony tells Peter, "Welcome to the Avengers" or something like that. Not sure how official that is.

That's what I get for not seeing it since the theater last year. I've been wanting to watch the blu-ray ever since I got it (on release day), but a 2.5 hour block of time that involves both kids being asleep or away and me not working is very difficult to find.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
BTW, did you happen to catch that basketball game last night, Chip? Angel

Only the first half while at work. I didn't want to get too worked up over the ending.