Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Marvel Characters » Alternate Versions of Our Favorite Wall-Crawler: Spider-Man

Poll Question: Which one is your favorite?

• Peter Parker (MC2)
    25%
    2 vote(s)
  • Miguel O'Hara (Marvel 2099)
    37%
    3 vote(s)
  • Miles Morales (Ultimate Universe)
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Peni Parker - SP//dr (Spider-Verse)
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Peter Porker, Spider-Ham (Marvel Star)
    12%
    1 vote(s)
  • Spider-Gwen (Spider-Verse)
    12%
    1 vote(s)
  • Peter Parquagh (Marvel 1602)
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Spider-Boy (Amalgam)
    12%
    1 vote(s)
  • You got someone else?
    0%
    0 vote(s)

Alternate Versions of Our Favorite Wall-Crawler: Spider-Man

MoonKnight1
Friday, February 22, 2019 4:00:06 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Like a lot of people, when I first started reading super hero comics I gravitated towards Spider-Man. I thought it was cool how he was just a kid really and had problems same as everyone else. I always admired his character, tenacity and his humanity.

Being such an iconic character it's little surprise that he has spawned countless copies, clones (Big Grin ) and counterparts. The following list is merely a strand of the webbing that makes up the alternate versions of our favorite webslinger. I have tried to pick the most prolific and recognizable characters so please chime in if there's someone not on the list.

Have fun!

"Old Man" Parker
OK, technically I guess this could be the original Spidey but in the future he is living the suburban lifestyle and hobbles around on a wooden leg. Maybe not exactly that bad but Ward Cleaver he ain't.

Miguel O'Hara
The Marvel 2099 Universe had a few hits and many misses. This was one of the few hits (BTW - Doom 2099 was absolutely phenomenal. You must check it out). I thought his costume was amazing, the villains introduced were spectacular, the continuing plot line was sensational and the comic was overall superior to most of the rest of that line.

Miles Morales
Hate to say it, but I haven't read much of any Miles Morales Spidey stories. Just never got into the Ultimate Universe. Nothing at all against the character, just not as familiar with him.

Peni Parker - SP//dr
When I first read this story I wasn't overwhelmed. Good story, nice premise. But now that the character has shown up in a movie and the issue is flying off my shelves I have a different opinion! Devil

Peter Porker: Spider-Ham

Now we're talking! Man, I love this guy. Huge fan of him and his cohorts: Captain Americat! Hulk Bunny! And the battles he had against Ducktor Doom and the Swinester Six! Drooling

Spider-Gwen
Another one I'm not too familiar with but I hear is very popular. Gwen Stacy gets bitten by a radioactive spider, Peter Parker turns into the Lizard - what's not to like?

Peter Parquagh
This is a weird one. Spider-Man in the Age of Colonialism. Actually a pretty entertaining read for me. Captain America is an actual Native American, the Four From the Fantastick, Carlos Javier who runs the College For the Sons of Gentlefolk and of course the Spanish Inquisition, because no one ever expects that.

Spider-Boy
An interesting Amalgamation of Spider-Man and Super-Boy that appeared in a few of the Amalgam line of comics. I always thought that was a neat concept and would love to see them bring that back periodically.

That's what I have for you. Tell me who you like and why. Love to hear about any character that I didn't mention! Call Me

Howie's Saying of the Week

A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else - Bette Davis

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Friday, February 22, 2019 8:01:38 PM
Groups: Member
MC2 for me. Whenever I got down about Joe Quesada being a jerk and erasing Peter and MJ's marriage, I'd just bust out some Spider-girl comics and read about the way Peter and MJ were supposed to be. I was heartbroken when he got killed off in the first Spider-Verse.
MoonKnight1
Thursday, February 28, 2019 11:14:19 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I've always been partial to the MC2 Universe. To me it was a well thought out progression of the Marvel continuity from the Bronze and early Modern Age. The stories were "light" but did deal with more heavy topics. Definitely reminded me of the heyday of Marvel.

I loved Avengers Next, Last Hero Standing and a few of the others but Spider-Girl was and still is a quality read. I totally believed that if Peter Parker had gotten old, settled in with MJ and had a kid with super powers that he would act just as he did in this series. Brilliant characterization and I didn't even realize that he had been killed off in Spider-Verse. Broken Heart

Of course, it's comics so nothing is permanent. I wish they would do a limited series every year based on the MC2. Five or six issues just to keep the future continuity in place and the story line going forward.

I voted for Spider-Ham. Man, I have been a fan since his debut in Marvel Tails. I'm a sucker for satire I suppose! Tongue

One alternate version of Spidey that I did not mention is the one from the Universe X parallel reality. Peter Parker (Earth 9997) His daughter, May, is the host of the Venom symbiote, MJ has passed, Pete is in the NYPD with his secret ID no longer a secret. I thought this was also a realistic portrayal of the character.

Howie's Saying of the Week

A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else - Bette Davis

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
jamieereynoldss
Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:58:29 AM
Peter Porker the best!
lcfrick
Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:42:27 AM
Something I just realized today. Despite the fact that Flash Thompson has been Spider-man at least three times in What If? stories (Volume 1 #7, Volume #2 #76, and the one-shot last year), I don't recall a single Flash Thompson version of Spider-man in either Spider-verse or Spider-geddon.