Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comics, Other Publishers » #1 comics on Ebay for sale!
Amberm
Saturday, July 06, 2019 2:39:49 AM
Groups: Member
Just seen Avengers #1, Iron Man #1 and Daredevil #1 all from about the 60’s onwards on Ebay with about 10 hours to go! Will be interesting to see how much they go for and what sort of people have the money to spend on these?

Would you spend hundreds or even thousands on a comic and then read it?!
lcfrick
Saturday, July 06, 2019 10:19:23 AM
Groups: Member
Amberm wrote:
Would you spend hundreds or even thousands on a comic and then read it?!

Absolutely. I'm buying a comic because I want to read it. Of course the most expensive ones I buy I am as positively careful as I could possibly be when I read it and I only have a desire to read it once before securing it away. But I have to read every comic I buy at least once.
monidaw1
Saturday, July 06, 2019 4:02:35 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I'm in the other camp now replacing expensive comics with Omnibus and Masterworks or even $1 True Believer reprints. Most of the high dollar stuff doesn't sell here so even if double listed sells on E-Bay at higher prices than here. I feel a bit like one's too hot, one's too cold and I haven't found the Little Bears one that's just right!!!! There should be a happy medium in between!!! My Iron Man #1 sold over there in like 3 hours or something crazy fast. Keep in mind chasing that one it's NOT the 1st Iron Man. It's a continuation of the story from Iron Man & Sub-mariner which is a continuation of stories from Tales of Suspense which had it's name changed to Captain America.

I'm reading everything Iron man right now and listing them for sale as I go. I'm in the 3rd vol now. A lot of those are coming to CCL since they're cheap books. Avengers 71 just sold July 5th over there. I think it'd been listed here for a couple months or so. It was a nice change from packing Walking Dead comics though. I actually got to use my Silver Age material for packing since it was in that transition size a little too tight for comfort if you try to force it in a current bag.