Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » Software/Website Updates » Information about your collection
4 pages: 1 2 [3] 4
MoonKnight1
Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:16:53 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
KnifeTricks wrote:
We've got a brand new, shiny, glorious way to search the entire database Daydreaming . And it doesn't take ages to load anymore!
How does it work?

Howie's Saying of the Week

I have lived in this world just long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time - "Josh Billings" (Henry Wheeler Shaw)

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
KnifeTricks
Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:49:39 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Subscriber
MoonKnight1 wrote:
KnifeTricks wrote:
We've got a brand new, shiny, glorious way to search the entire database Daydreaming . And it doesn't take ages to load anymore!
How does it work?

It's using a new paging system that loads results 30 items at a time instead of loading the entire database and then narrowing that down to 30 results. Or something along those lines... i'm not a programmer Nerd .

Also we have much better title cards, so no more giant results taking up your entire browser window.

Chance Butler
Graphics

e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Thundercron
Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:31:26 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Since we're on the subject of searches, what was the verdict regarding my suggestion to have items searchable by caption keywords? It would certainly help buyers find specific variants or editions they're looking for.
KnifeTricks
Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:19:48 PM
Thundercron wrote:
Since we're on the subject of searches, what was the verdict regarding my suggestion to have items searchable by caption keywords? It would certainly help buyers find specific variants or editions they're looking for.

To do this properly would require the addition of a document database style search.

The relational search we have now is great for information/wiki style searching, which is half of CCLs purpose. It's bad for marketplace style searching... CCLs other half. Ideally we'd like to switch the "Shop" search over to a document database that would weight results based on accuracy and show individual listings, much like a search on eBay or Amazon. That's no easy task though, and it would require a new database (of which we already have many...Wall )

It would probably be one of the most beneficial changes we could make to CCL. Once we tackle this current update that's something we'll look at.

Chance Butler
Graphics

SwiftMann
Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:39:43 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
1) I hope the final version of search doesn't show the same cover twice because there's only one in the result.

2) In theory, Tags should resolve the caption search question.
KnifeTricks
Friday, August 17, 2018 9:03:46 AM
SwiftMann wrote:
1) I hope the final version of search doesn't show the same cover twice because there's only one in the result.

2) In theory, Tags should resolve the caption search question.

Tags aren't public, they're just for organizing your personal collection. Only you will see your created tags.

Chance Butler
Graphics

Thundercron
Friday, August 17, 2018 2:34:24 PM
Shop at My Store
Ah, y'all are both wrong! Laughing

Swifty is talking about the website tags, which are public even when you're not logged on.

I did some tests. I typed in both "30 cent" and "30-cent" into the search to find the old Marvel variants of the seventies. Nothing came up. Maybe I should have typed ".30"? Who knows.

Then I typed in "Whitman," and the only thing to show up were the Marvel Whitman editions. The DC Whitmans weren't there, not were any Disney Whitman covers, because I guess there is no tag for them. The caption search would solve the problem because all these issues have "Whitman" in the caption, despite no tag. Also, the Marvel Whitman search result just showed a long list of those issues in the database. I would have to click on each one to find one for sale. Not very user friendly. Not to mention the current search for tags is done under "Story Arc," which isn't the most obvious way to find these issues for someone new to the site.
KnifeTricks
Friday, August 17, 2018 2:50:50 PM
Thundercron wrote:

Swifty is talking about the website tags, which are public even when you're not logged on.

I did some tests. I typed in both "30 cent" and "30-cent" into the search to find the old Marvel variants of the seventies. Nothing came up. Maybe I should have typed ".30"? Who knows.

Then I typed in "Whitman," and the only thing to show up were the Marvel Whitman editions. The DC Whitmans weren't there, not were any Disney Whitman covers, because I guess there is no tag for them. The caption search would solve the problem because all these issues have "Whitman" in the caption, despite no tag. Also, the Marvel Whitman search result just showed a long list of those issues in the database. I would have to click on each one to find one for sale. Not very user friendly. Not to mention the current search for tags is done under "Story Arc," which isn't the most obvious way to find these issues for someone new to the site.

We have so many searches on this website.

I remember when we use to have to type everything exact here on CCL for the search to even work, dashes, periods and all. Wall

Chance Butler
Graphics

Thundercron
Friday, August 17, 2018 2:54:01 PM
Shop at My Store
KnifeTricks wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

I remember when we use to have to type everything exact here on CCL for the search to even work, dashes, periods and all. Wall

It's still like that under the "Manage Inventory/Delist" search on the website.
KnifeTricks
Friday, August 17, 2018 3:02:37 PM
Thundercron wrote:
KnifeTricks wrote:

It's still like that under the "Manage Inventory/Delist" search on the website.

Inventory management for stores will be much easier when this new update drops. It's actually what we're working on at this very moment.

Chance Butler
Graphics

KnifeTricks
Friday, August 17, 2018 3:47:52 PM
SwiftMann wrote:

We fixed this, thanks.

Chance Butler
Graphics

KnifeTricks
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 2:34:52 PM
Lots of work getting done on CCL. The ability to hide variants is probably my favorite new addition Daydreaming

Chance Butler
Graphics

BWilly
Wednesday, July 10, 2019 11:00:59 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Any recent updates? Or when we might see all of this go live?
Thundercron
Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:15:01 PM
Shop at My Store
BWilly wrote:
Any recent updates? Or when we might see all of this go live?

Agreed. What's the word? I was told back in January the new update was less than a month away. Sad
SwiftMann
Thursday, July 11, 2019 4:26:41 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Psych0
Friday, July 12, 2019 8:06:56 AM
Groups: Member
It's Coming
Xylob
Friday, July 12, 2019 8:24:46 AM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
almost a full year since all these big things coming soon were previewed right here in this very thread.
thank gawd I didn't hold my breath for them!
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
Psych0
Saturday, July 13, 2019 8:50:17 AM
Even there facebook page is dead
Reggie
Saturday, July 13, 2019 8:29:59 PM
I've been using CCL for over 12 years and it's so sad what has happened here. I know Joe, Chance, and family has suffered some tragedies years back and for that my heart goes out to them but comic collecting has become one of the the biggest collecting industries out there. There should have been plenty of investors to help with any financial issues to really get this software to take off. But here we are with something that could have been SO much more sitting dead in the water. This site is still one of the friendlier communities around. There was such an abundance of potential...

MoonKnight1
Monday, July 15, 2019 2:26:52 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
You are absolutely correct, Reggie. There is an abundance of potential here. I believe that it is close to being realized.

I think we all agree that CCL is not perfect and needs some renovation. I understand the frustration with the amount of time it is taking for updates to happen. I also wish that Management was a little more active in the Forums about what's happening but I totally understand why they are not.

Having said that, I still wholeheartedly believe that we have the most comprehensive and easy to navigate Data Base of comic books then ANY other site on the web. And it continues to get better. Who has a better DB? eBay - don't make me laugh. Lonestar/MCS - nope. Mile High - don't think so. Comic Book DB - not bad but still not even close. Amazon - HaHaHaHa!!! Please somebody show me something better. Or at least as good. I'm waiting. Waiting

I also believe that we have a number of amazing sellers here offering outstanding service. I know I do well enough with my store and I'm not always in the Top 10 for volume of sales so there are a lot of people buying comics here. It's not just the long term sellers either, check out Manhattan on Mars - they opened at the end of April and already have 40 Hero ratings in about 2-1/2 months.

I know, I know, "Howie's all rainbows and buttercups!". I can say with surety that there is something in the works. When it drops I have no idea. I would like for it to happen sooner rather than later but I would also like for it to be tested, tweaked, debugged, refined, tested again and given to us when it is ready to go rather than some half baked mess that drives more people away than it attracts.

I have yet to see a significant enough issue or complaint that would make me want to switch to another site.

Howie's Saying of the Week

I have lived in this world just long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time - "Josh Billings" (Henry Wheeler Shaw)

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations