Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » Software/Website Updates » Information about your collection
4 pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Reggie
Tuesday, July 16, 2019 5:36:21 PM
Groups: Member
I haven't been as active lately so that makes me curious about the "management". Is there still a management and if so who does it consist of? Is Joe still working on things? Chance? Is it just them two? I can understand not being around because honestly right now they would just get a waterfall of negativity. Having said that though, due to the lack of anybody considered "management", it seems and feels as though this site and software is just coasting on fumes. It feels like it's just running on its own with no one behind the wheel. The database is amazing and I give at least 95% credit to all of us for contributing all scans and logging in info and for all the ones who approve the change requests. Not a single one of these people are "management". They are all volunteers.

padreglcc
Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:06:52 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Reggie wrote:
I haven't been as active lately so that makes me curious about the "management". Is there still a management and if so who does it consist of? Is Joe still working on things? Chance? Is it just them two? I can understand not being around because honestly right now they would just get a waterfall of negativity. Having said that though, due to the lack of anybody considered "management", it seems and feels as though this site and software is just coasting on fumes. It feels like it's just running on its own with no one behind the wheel. The database is amazing and I give at least 95% credit to all of us for contributing all scans and logging in info and for all the ones who approve the change requests. Not a single one of these people are "management". They are all volunteers.

Joe, Chance, and Steve are all still working for CCL (though Steve is working remotely from Canada these days). There is at least one other employee that I interact with from time to time named Thomas. Beyond that, I have no idea. None of them are really regular on the boards. The last time Chance or Steve was on the boards was in June; Joe hasn't been on since December of last year.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
Psych0
Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:01:54 PM
Groups: Member
Quote:
The database is amazing and I give at least 95% credit to all of us for contributing all scans and logging in info and for all the ones who approve the change requests. Not a single one of these people are "management". They are all volunteers.

I agree if it wasn't for the volunteers CCL wouldn't be where it is today. I also think the day the volunteers stop adding books is the day CCL will die.

I might be wrong but to me it seems CCL is collecting what money they can get off the work of volunteers, because everyone knows if it wasn't for the volunteers nothing would be updated to the database