Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Sports » College Football 2019
MoonKnight1
Sunday, September 08, 2019 9:55:37 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
A little late but here it is!

I'm excited about the Virginia Cavaliers so far! They were picked by a lot of people to win the Coastal and go to the ACC Championship (presumably against Clemson). Last week in the first game of the season they knocked off the defending Coastal champs Pitt in a very convincing win. Then a couple days ago they demolished William & Mary which should be no surprise but the Cavs recent history would suggest otherwise.

They have an explosive offense, a stout defense and exceptional special teams. Bronco Mendenhall has totally turned the team around in a matter of a few years and it is getting better all the time.

BEAT TECH!!!!!

Howie's Saying of the Week

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minute longer - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Sunday, September 08, 2019 11:01:41 AM
Groups: Member
I didn't think to check how Maryland was doing before I saw this thread pop-up, but holy crap, they might actually be good this year!

79-0 against a cupcake (Howard), with only 30 total yards allowed (29 passing, 1 rushing)

63-20 against #21 ranked Syracuse. The first time in almost 20 years that an unranked team beat a ranked team by at least 38 points.
bluedevil2002
Sunday, September 08, 2019 5:32:21 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
They were picked by a lot of people to win the Coastal and go to the ACC Championship

To be fair, the Coastal is a complete crap shoot, even moreso than usual. UVA was really the only team that was trending upward at the end of last season.

-Duke is Duke. With Cutcliff, they'll be decent, but not great, and their QB left.
-Pitt - they always just seem like a team that is there.
-UNC - huge question mark by hiring Mack Brown again. Although they've done much better in 2 games than I anticipated.
-Miami - another team with a coaching change, but still no O-line.
-VT - team imploded on itself last year, but most of the trouble makers should be gone. Biggest issue is youth on the team.
-GT - having to completely overhaul after ditching Chinballs and the triple option.
MoonKnight1
Saturday, September 14, 2019 4:04:24 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Is Nick Satan and Alabama seriously tracking students cell phones to find out if they left games earlier? And then punishing them? Time Out Hypnotized

Nick Saban is Your Big Brother

Dude, if you don't want them leaving games early then stop beating North Southern Iowa Community College by 72 points! Better yet, stop scheduling cupcakes. Silly

Howie's Saying of the Week

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minute longer - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Saturday, September 14, 2019 7:55:36 PM
lcfrick wrote:
I didn't think to check how Maryland was doing before I saw this thread pop-up, but holy crap, they might actually be good this year!

79-0 against a cupcake (Howard), with only 30 total yards allowed (29 passing, 1 rushing)

63-20 against #21 ranked Syracuse. The first time in almost 20 years that an unranked team beat a ranked team by at least 38 points.

Aaaaaand they lost to an unranked opponent.

Also, WTF, Alabama?