Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Sports » And Football is back! NFL 2019 talk.
8 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
monidaw1
Monday, October 14, 2019 6:07:32 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
WE BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

One more week of wind sprints, padded practices, 1st team D against 1st team O in paractice at GAME SPEED!!!!

Bryce Love gets a little closer every week!!!!!

It's almost Trent Williams time if he wants credit for this season on his contract!!!!!

Haskins has to be getting close to looking no worse than what Case is bringing to the table and he already knows how to throw it to Scary Terry!!! Game plan should be easy.

Hand it to AP.
Hand it to AP.
Hand it to AP.
Hand it to AP.
Hand it to AP.
Hand it to AP.
Fake it to AP hitting ST for the 40 yard TD!!!!!

Same game plan they should have had week 1.

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:44:00 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Now that the downtrodden Redskins overcame nigh insurmountable odds and completely destroyed the mighty Miami Dolphins by a score hitherto unheard of in the modern history of the NFL it will be smooth sailing to a Super Bowl victory, not just this year but many, many more to come! Liar Straight Face D'oh

Howie's Saying of the Week

A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else - Bette Davis

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:09:02 PM
Groups: Member
Fred Smoot on the Dolphins two point attempt: "I think they went for Tua, not two."
bluedevil2002
Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:53:06 PM
I didn't realize that the Redskins had never won in Miami. I also didn't realize that they had played so few times.

They played every 3 to 4 years from 1974 to 1993. But then they didn't play again until 2000. I know that the NFL didn't get the current structured rotation until the Texans were made in 2002, but 7 years seems like the scheduling procedures were in flux too much.
MoonKnight1
Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:00:14 PM
Shop at My Store
The Redskins are going to induct Chris Samuels into their Ring of Fame this Sunday. How badly do you think they will misspell his name on the scoreboard? Shame on You Ooh

A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else - Bette Davis

lcfrick
Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:40:05 PM
Oh man, with how well Mahomes was walking to the locker room, but how quickly they ruled him out after the x-ray, that seems to me that it's going to be a partial MCL tear. If that's what it is, he's going to be missing probably 4 games. With the Chiefs defense, that is not what they need right now.

edit: Thankfully appears to be a patella dislocation. That's a much better sign.

edit edit: Or... not? They're saying he might "only" miss 3 games. Really not good since the Chiefs next two games are against the Packers and Vikings.
lcfrick
Sunday, October 20, 2019 4:20:56 PM
The NFL's two winless teams, the Dolphins and the Bengals, both led at the start of the 4th quarter of their respective games today. Both teams went on to lose by double digits and were outscored in the 4th quarter by a combined 40-14.
MoonKnight1
Sunday, October 20, 2019 5:44:08 PM
Shop at My Store
lcfrick wrote:
The NFL's two winless teams, the Dolphins and the Bengals, both led at the start of the 4th quarter of their respective games today. Both teams went on to lose by double digits and were outscored in the 4th quarter by a combined 40-14.

Ouch! Ooh

bluedevil2002
Sunday, October 20, 2019 6:47:59 PM
Man, the Bengals really are flying under the radar. All that attention on the Toilet Bowl of Skins vs. Fins last week, and no one noticed that the Redskins dropped down to pick #3.
lcfrick
Sunday, October 20, 2019 8:16:28 PM
bluedevil2002 wrote:
Man, the Bengals really are flying under the radar. All that attention on the Toilet Bowl of Skins vs. Fins last week, and no one noticed that the Redskins dropped down to pick #3.

I think it's mostly because they started the season by losing to the Seahawks by only one point. So everyone thought that maybe they were half decent.
lcfrick
Monday, October 28, 2019 1:27:12 PM
I keep seeing talk about how amazing the Patriots defense is this year and that they're on a historic pace.

Certainly it's an impressive accomplishment regardless of the level of competition. However context does help a little bit.

Through 8 games the Patriots have had 5 games against the 4 worst offenses in the league (Jets x2, Miami, Washington, and Pittsburgh).

The highest ranked offense they've faced so is the Buffalo offense, who is ranked 19th.

However in their next 5 games, they face 4 of the top 5 offenses in the league (Baltimore, Dallas, Houston, and Kansas City).

So the Ravens game next week will be the Patriots defense's first real test of the season and we'll see how that works out.

(Worth pointing out that the 2000 Ravens didn't face many good QBs. The best QB they faced all year was Steve McNair.)
MoonKnight1
Monday, October 28, 2019 1:45:34 PM
Shop at My Store
I agree that the Pats have yet to face a quality NFL team. Even so, their defense has scored 4 TD's this season and only allowed 4 in return. We're talking about 8 games, only half a season.

For sure that statistic won't carry the whole year but it is pretty darn impressive.

The next handful of games will put that to the test:

@ Ravens (5-2)
@ Eagles (4-4)
Cowbags (4-3)
@ Texans (5-3)
Chiefs (5-3)

They'll still probably go 3-2 or 4-1 (maybe 5-0) but it will be interesting to see how they fare against a little stiffer competition.

Doesn't hurt to finish the season against the Dolphins, Bengals and Bills. Shame on You

I can easily see them finishing 15-1 or 14-2.

lcfrick
Monday, November 04, 2019 12:37:15 AM
So the Dolphins' brilliant plan to tank this season and get the 1st overall pick in the draft goes up in smoke because of a team that spent big money in the off-season with the intention of trying to win... intentionally... and failing horribly.
bluedevil2002
Monday, November 04, 2019 6:19:51 PM
At least the Dolphins have the tiebreaker under the Redskins? Is that how it works?
lcfrick
Monday, November 04, 2019 8:09:02 PM
bluedevil2002 wrote:
At least the Dolphins have the tiebreaker under the Redskins? Is that how it works?

The first tiebreaker for draft picks is strength of schedule rather than head to head. (The team with the weaker schedule will draft higher.)

Though the Redskins and Jets still play, as do the Jets and Bengals, and Dolphins and Bengals, plus another game between the Jets and Dolphins. So, barring ties, that's another 4 wins to distribute between those 4 teams.
lcfrick
Friday, November 08, 2019 12:30:28 AM
I switched on TNF just after the Raiders took the lead and what I saw was hilarious.

Phillip Rivers managed to go 0-7 with an interception on the Chargers' final drive (an incompletion on 4th down was erased after it was converted by a defensive penalty.)

And even funnier was the interception was an incredibly stupid interception. It was on 4th and 10 from the Chargers 30 yard line and the Raiders took over on their own 35 yard line after the pick. They would have had 35 more yards of field position if that had just hit the ground instead. Didn't matter for the Raiders since they got a first down and sealed the game, but the point was that they NEEDED a first down to seal the game and if they had failed to get that first down, they would have punted instead of attempting a field goal.
lcfrick
Friday, November 08, 2019 9:20:53 PM
And the Redskins keep making themselves look worse and worse as a franchise.

They put Trent Williams on the non-football related injury list, ending his season. That's not surprising... however the fact that they have elected not to pay him his remaining salary for the season IS surprising. Technically they're within their rights to do so, but a team actually opting not to pay the remaining salary is unprecedented, at least for a player of Williams' stature.

The Redskins may not be the worst team on the football field this year, but between their play and Dan Snyder doing Dan Snyder things, they're certainly the worst franchise in the NFL this year.

With this move the Redskins have basically told every potential free agent that they shouldn't sign with them because they'll get screwed in the rear at some point.

Kind of shines a bit more light on Kirk Cousins refusing to sign a long term contract extension with the Redskins and instead playing out the franchise tag twice to get out of there.

And the funny thing is that if it wasn't for the Redskins, the Jets would be a shoe-in for worst franchise. Between the mess with Kelechi Osemele, Sam Darnold seeing ghosts, losing to the Dolphins, and the big bust signings that were C.J. Mosley and Le'Veon Bell they're totally screwing the pooch.

Who would have guessed that the worst game this season (Week 11 Jets at Redskins) would not involve the Dolphins?
MoonKnight1
Saturday, November 09, 2019 10:40:30 AM
Shop at My Store
That is a pretty much dead-on assessment. My only critique would be that you were not harsh enough. Don't worry, I am here to elaborate.

I am 1,000% not surprised that they are not paying Trent Williams. When I first learned a few days ago that that was an option my first thought was, "Oh yeah, they're definitely doing that."

You see, the Redskins Upper Management (i.e. Dan Snyder and his bobble-headed hand puppet Bruce Allen) are notorious for being petty, vindictive and spiteful. They don't just fire Scot McCloughan they throw him under the bus by accusing him of being an alcoholic. When Kirk Cousins had the audacity to want a more lucrative contract they franchise tagged him for two years in a row, constantly disparaged his ability and Bruce "Rasputin" Allen called him "Kurt" at least six times in an interview where he was totally trashing the guy.

Brian Lafemina was hired to rehabilitate the Redskins image, improve fan participation and upgrade the organization. He was doing those things until he was fired less than a year into his tenure because of the unforgivable excuse of telling Danny Boy and Bruce "The Prince of Darkness" Allen that - for some reason - season ticket holders were upset that those idiots signed Reuben Foster as he was stepping out of the Hillsborough County Jail after his THIRD arrest in twelve months and his SECOND arrest on charges of beating up a woman.

Apparently that was the final straw for the brain trust that is Redskins Upper Management. How dare you, Brian Lafemnina! How dare you, Sir! Shame on You You should know better than to tell truth to power. If Dan "The Naked Emperor" Snyder is walking around without clothes then you should know better than to tell him. Just look at Bruce "A-Hole" Allen over there grinning like a jack-ass and telling you how well his robes fit.

Another example of speaking truth to power getting you fired was what happened to D.J. Swearinger after he criticized the coaches last year. Not a single word he said was untrue but he was gone in an instant despite being perhaps the best player on defense at the time.

Then there's this from last year: Redskins least trusted and worst prepared Front Office

USA Today conducted a poll of 25 NFL player agents and they came to the overwhelming conclusion that the Washington Redskins in general and Bruce "Fork Tongue" Allen in particular are the least trusted and worst prepared organization in the league when it comes to negotiations.

Q: How can you tell if Bruce Allen is lying?
A: His lips are moving

lcfrick wrote:
The Redskins may not be the worst team on the football field this year

That remains to be seen. True, they did technically beat the Dolphins but that was only because the Miami coaches chose to lose the game. If they had kicked the extra point they would have won in overtime. If they had called a better play on the 2 point conversion they would have won. A Washington loss to the Jets would solidify Worst Team credentials. Too bad we don't play the Bengals...Broken Heart

lcfrick wrote:
between their play and Dan Snyder doing Dan Snyder things, they're certainly the worst franchise in the NFL this year.

This year? How about the worst franchise of the last two decades. And counting. Loser Wall Angry

Listen, I'm stuck. I'm 50 years old and was literally born a Redskins fan. There are pictures of me wearing a Skins outfit when I was 6 months old. I have sat through some miserable seasons but this is absolutely the worst I have had to endure. Seems like there is no hope for the future as long as the current ownership exists. I will be shocked if they win more than one more game this year and not at all surprised if they finish 1-15.

I genuinely feel bad for the players. If you are drafted or traded to Washington then kiss your career goodbye. If you are a free agent and you go there willingly then that's on you. Either way, I don't blame them for the cesspool that has been created by Douchebag Snyder and Bruised Anus Allen.

I can only hope that the team changes hands or moves. There are plenty of cities out there that need a team - St. Louis, San Diego, Boise. Move the damn team, call it something else and let us get an expansion franchise in here. Dang.

Rant over, I guess.

Uh-Oh! Not quite, check this out: Dan "Dumpster Fire" Snyder and the Washington Redskins

Quick Numbers

Years of Snyder's ownership - 20
Winning Seasons - 5
Playoff Wins - 2
Head Coaches - 9
Overall Record - 139-185-1 (43%)
Starting QB's - 22

The only constant during this whole time is one Daniel Marc Snyder. Look in the mirror you POS!

jbeeman85
Saturday, November 09, 2019 11:02:11 AM
Soooooooo I take it Snyder and Bruce aren't on your Christmas list Howie? That's a lot of nicknames.
MoonKnight1
Saturday, November 09, 2019 11:10:08 AM
Shop at My Store
jbeeman85 wrote:
Soooooooo I take it Snyder and Bruce aren't on your Christmas list Howie? That's a lot of nicknames.

I have more but I don't want to have to ban myself from the Forums.Talk to the Hand

Oh, and they actually are on my Christmas list. I am sending them each a crap sandwich because that's what I have been fed by them for years and I'm regifting. Sick