Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Marvel Comics » House of X / Powers of X
3 pages: 1 2 [3]
SwiftMann
Friday, October 11, 2019 10:02:25 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
PoX #6 - I'll have to flip through this again when I get home. Read it last night and what I remember is a 1000 year story wrapping up another Moira life with bookends of story we've already been told. Nothing revelatory or satisfying by any means. That said, the only open question I have is which of Moira's lives is Dawn of X taking place in, cause these are #notmyxmen.

And, honestly, if that's the case I may bounce off the new books pretty quickly. Especially if there's anything playing in the x^2 or x^3 timelines that I just can't muster the energy to care about.
SwiftMann
Monday, January 06, 2020 1:20:47 PM
Shop at My Store
Hey Jeremiah, how's the post HoX/PoX reads going for you?

Marauders is definitely my favorite.

New Mutants and X-Force frustrate me with love/loathe depending on the issue in hand.

I want to like both Fallen Angels and Excalibur more than I do because I think they have good concepts and sketchy execution in the writing.

I dropped X-Men after #2. Hickman's dialogue was absolutely awful.

I'll give Cable, Hellions, and X-Corp a try. Those latter two will be on a short leash.

I'm skipping X-Men/FF, Wolverine, and the Giant-Size one-shots.
SwiftMann
Friday, January 10, 2020 10:23:57 AM
Shop at My Store
And after this week's Excalibur, I think I'm done with that title. I simply don't enjoy it at all.
padreglcc
Friday, January 10, 2020 1:37:29 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
I'm still reading them all. Really enjoying the concepts and especially the world-building. I know that you don't feel like these are your X-Men, and I get that feeling too from time to time. But it's fun to see entirely new worlds building built with established characters... almost like an Elseworlds title. The last issue of X-Men was especially good in this regard.

I'm with you on Marauders... absolutely the best of the bunch. I love the direction they're taking Kitty (excuse me, Kate) in. It feels like she's been directionless for too long.

Really enjoying X-Men, X-Force, and New Mutants so far as well.

Fallen Angels is my least favorite. Feels pretty disconnected from everything else.

And I'm with you on Excalibur. Great characters, good art... but storytelling is just a little lacking.

I'll give all the new titles a shot. I'm actually pretty jazzed about X-Men/FF. Looks like it will be more connected to the other books than the last crossover was, especially after reading Incoming. I like Franklin. I enjoyed the recent History of the Marvel Universe mini with him and Galactus as the storytellers.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
SwiftMann
Friday, January 10, 2020 4:55:26 PM
Shop at My Store
To me, it's more like an Ultimate universe version of the X-Men, which causes me to struggle to care at all. I never read the Ultimate titles, cause... well, why? I had the "real" ones. Now I don't have those. Causing the short leash on me cancelling pulls.

For X-Men/FF, it's just a bad creator combo for me. I'm not a fan of either Zdarsky or Dodson. Didn't even pay attention to what the story was going to be about, just knew it wasn't a good idea for ME to spend money on it.

I'm waiting on the Treasury-Sized collection of History of the Marvel Universe. Definitely made Silver Surfer Black look great, even if it fizzled story-wise.
padreglcc
Friday, January 10, 2020 6:04:25 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
I can see the Ultimates line parallels. But it's still the "real" X-Men to me, so best of both worlds I suppose.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to X-Men/FF is Dodson. Always been a fan.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.