Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
XFL WEEK 2

DC Defenders
Los Angeles Wildcats
Seattle Dragons
St. Louis Battlehawks

Howie's Saying of the Week

People are people so why should it be, you and I should get along so awfully? Help me understand - Depeche Mode

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 12:34:00 PM
Groups: Member
New York Guardians @ DC Defenders I'll be disappointed if this isn't a defensive battle
Dallas Renegades @ Los Angeles Wildcats
Tampa Bay Vipers @ Seattle Dragons
St. Louis Battlehawks @ Houston Roughnecks
jbeeman85
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 7:32:47 PM
DC Defenders
Los Angeles Wildcats
Seattle Dragons
St. Louis Battlehawks
monidaw1
Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:21:37 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
DC Defenders
Los Angeles Wildcats
Seattle Dragons
Houston Roughnecks

That should take care of the parity thing this week. I used the very scientific method of just thinking all 4 Saturday Teams last week performed better than the 4 Sunday teams. Think I didn't see the 1st game Saturday or the last game Sunday so

HOU Roughnecks 37
DC Defenders 31
NY Guardians 23
SEA Dragons 19
LA Wildcats 17
STL BattleHawks 15
DAL Renegades 9
TB Vipers 3

That's the points scored last week for each team and 3 of the Saturday teams were in the top half while NY was there but got thiers against that terrible TB performance. Of course picking against New York just because I don't like the Giants cost me getting it right last week. I usually like the Yankee's and Mets so maybe there's a chance they could sway me to pulling for the Guardians.
monidaw1
Saturday, February 15, 2020 1:27:51 PM
Shop at My Store
This week I know DC is playing at 2PM on ABC and now neither TV hooked to antennaes on opposite sides of the store are picking up any signal for ABC. 33 minutes until game time. Fox for the 5PM game is crystal clear.

Missed the early game entirely from no signal.

Former Redskin coach Jim Zorn's Seattle team is still in the game in the second half but it's definately not an offensive masterpiece. They said something about 3 offensive linemen missing but it looks more like the QB misfiring all over the place and a horribly missed field goal as the difference so far.

Ooops, interception at the 1 foot line taken in for the TD to give Seattle a lead!!!!! That was sweeeeet!!!!! Hypnotized
SwiftMann
Saturday, February 15, 2020 6:56:11 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Watched bits of a a few games. The quarterbacks are horrendous. It brings the whole product down.

Well, that and it's just generic mid-level college quality football to start with.
MoonKnight1
Saturday, February 15, 2020 7:05:53 PM
Shop at My Store
SwiftMann wrote:
Watched bits of a a few games. The quarterbacks are horrendous. It brings the whole product down.

Well, that and it's just generic mid-level college quality football to start with.

Not Cardale Jones! Shame on You Big Grin Dancing

The level of play is definitely not up to NFL standards.

I did watch some more today. Still haven't stuck through an entire game but I do find it somewhat interesting.

It was hilarious that 30 seconds after McGloin threw a Pick-6 he was being interviewed on the sidelines. Laughing

Still want to go to a game. Tickets aren't outrageous and it seems like a good atmosphere.

People are people so why should it be, you and I should get along so awfully? Help me understand - Depeche Mode

SwiftMann
Saturday, February 15, 2020 7:37:40 PM
Shop at My Store
I didn't expect NFL. The AAFL, original XFL, and World League weren't either. But I thought the play was better in AAFL and World Leage and more stuff was different in original XFL.

Like I said last post, this is more mid to low tier college. That's not going to hold enough attention for another season.

Some of the behind the scenes stuff like replay booth cam, mics on coaches, extra points are good. But I definitely dont need these interviews.
monidaw1
Saturday, February 15, 2020 8:07:02 PM
Shop at My Store
That was a very entertaining second half for a game with no offensive TD's and the 2 minute rules made the ending exciting thru the last play, may be the two worst QB's I've ever watched but extra football for free, nothing to lose. If you want to see the 2 minute rules used to almost perfection watch that last Tampa drive. If they'd actually scored we may have had a chance to see our first 3 point attempt used to win a game...………..

Maybe tomorrow, another game on ABC at 3 so we'll have to see if the signals back for ABC. IT'S STILL OUT RIGHT NOW AFTER DARK AND I DON'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME THAT HAPPENED. Must be sunspots, aliens or something crazy. Had signal this morning for the news.

Sunday morning update, still no ABC on either TV thru either antennae.

I rescanned the new one in the store and still didn't have it come in but I did discover there's something called LIVE TV PAUSE which lets you pause and rewind up to 90 minutes of live tv if you stick a 16GB USB drive into the tv and push the button to set it up at the end of scanning. I think that Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2 came with one of those USB things back in 2009 so maybe I still have one around. Only question now is what did Howie do to the ABC station up there in Richmond messing them up? On the Phone

40 minutes to game time and still no signal on either tv. I rescanned again and it did no good. I called ABC in Richmond and left a voicemail describing how all 4 ABC channels disappeared yesterday morning and have been gone ever since while checking with 2 TV's and 2 antennae's hooked on opposite sides of the building. I usually leave ABC 4 on all night to sleep by every night.
SwiftMann
Sunday, February 16, 2020 4:03:50 PM
Shop at My Store
Another game, another pair of awful quarterbacks, boring play, and terrible interviews.
monidaw1
Sunday, February 16, 2020 5:47:26 PM
Shop at My Store
I'd love to be bored right now. XFL website says it's a 1 point game in the 4th quarter but with no clock or play by play it sounds like a possible exciting Nailbiting finish being missed.

Now it's a 7 point Dallas lead but no clock on the XFL site to say how much time is left. Looks like LA needs a TD and then the guess whether they'd go for 1, 2 or 3 points descision. Let's go LA, can't let Dallas win!!!!!!!

Isn't that the guy the Redskins got to play two games last year who was working at a grocery store? i found a highlight from his 1st TD which is more than 3 of the 4 teams QB's yesterday put up.
https://www.xfl.com/en-US/teams/los-angeles/wildcats-video/johnson-to-spruce-for-6

Here's another decent throw.
https://www.xfl.com/en-US/teams/los-angeles/wildcats-video/josh-johnson-with-a-dime-to-nelson-spruce
He didn't play last week so the last time he played a game was probably the Redskin game.

Quote:
On December 5, 2018, Johnson signed a one-year contract with the Washington Redskins to be a backup to Mark Sanchez after season-ending injuries to Colt McCoy and Alex Smith.[40] Johnson said he played a Madden NFL video game to help learn the names of his new teammates.[41]
On December 9, Johnson appeared in his first game after Sanchez was benched against the New York Giants in the third quarter of a 40–16 loss. It was Johnson's first appearance in a NFL game since 2013 with the Cincinnati Bengals.[42] He finished the game completing 11 passes from 16 attempts for 195 yards, one touchdown (his first touchdown since 2011 with the Buccaneers) and an interception. He also rushed for 45 yards and his first career rushing touchdown on seven attempts.[43] After the game, it was announced that Johnson would be the starter for the next game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The game resulted in a 16–13 victory, his first career win as a starting quarterback in the NFL.[44] The following game, on December 22, 2018, Johnson and the Redskins faced the Tennessee Titans in a crucial Week 16 match-up to maintain their playoff hopes. Despite leading for most of the game, Washington's defense allowed a costly go-ahead touchdown with about four minutes remaining in the fourth quarter. Down 19–16, Johnson attempted to lead the Redskins down the field for a potential game-tying drive, but was intercepted first by safety Kevin Byard and then by Malcolm Butler after the Redskins managed to get the ball back with 14 seconds remaining. Washington would go on to lose 25–16, essentially ending their playoff chances. Johnson finished 13-of-23 with 153 yards, 1 touchdown, and 2 interceptions.[45] He started the Week 17 finale against the Philadelphia Eagles. He passed for 91 yards and an interception in the 24–0 loss.[46] He had ankle surgery after the season and was unable to return to the San Diego Fleet when his contract with the team expired.[47]

Dallas won Crying
monidaw1
Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:08:07 PM
Shop at My Store
What's FS1? I thought the second game was going to be on FOX? I'm missing 3 out of 4 games this week? Crying
SwiftMann
Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:49:34 PM
Shop at My Store
This St Loius/Houston game is significantly higher quality football than the last 3 games I've watched.

Not sure how XFL is getting away with an Oilers style logo for the Houston team.
lcfrick
Sunday, February 16, 2020 11:21:25 PM
SwiftMann wrote:
This St Loius/Houston game is significantly higher quality football than the last 3 games I've watched.

Not sure how XFL is getting away with an Oilers style logo for the Houston team.

That was the only game I watched this week and even though going in I thought I didn't know who I was rooting for, I quickly realized that I was 100% rooting for the Roughnecks.

And I had that exact same thought about their logo as well. I remember when Baltimore got a CFL team and they named them the "CFL Colts" and the NFL went against them hard to stop that (admittedly that was the name, rather than the logo). I'm guessing the NFL probably doesn't think it's worth it for two reasons. The first and more important being that no team is using the Oilers logo at the moment and the second being that the XFL would probably have a decent defense in a case since the oil derrick is a common image, is associated with Texas, and they've modified it significantly to make it their own.
monidaw1
Monday, February 17, 2020 6:51:59 AM
Shop at My Store
3 out of 4 with my picks again. Only game I get to see is the only game without an offensive touchdown. Still no ABC signal on either TV this morning.

Dallas may have messed up my picks but there's still plenty to make fun of down there.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/02/16/leaning-tower-of-dallas-implosion-fails-to-take-down-uptown-office-building/

monidaw1
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 12:28:54 PM
Shop at My Store
4 WEEKS of no ABC TV!!!!!! That's almost half the XFL SEASON missing up to 75% of the games!!!!!!!
https://www.wric.com/dont-miss/heads-up-some-viewers-may-temporarily-lose-our-broadcast-over-an-antenna/

No football so HUGE sale so maybe we can throw $55 at HULU for one months service until ABC gets it's act together!!!! I figure 30 day sale at least 2 people should eventually wander thru the banner messages.
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 3:11:42 PM
Shop at My Store
lcfrick wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
And I had that exact same thought about their logo as well. I remember when Baltimore got a CFL team and they named them the "CFL Colts" and the NFL went against them hard to stop that (admittedly that was the name, rather than the logo). I'm guessing the NFL probably doesn't think it's worth it for two reasons. The first and more important being that no team is using the Oilers logo at the moment and the second being that the XFL would probably have a decent defense in a case since the oil derrick is a common image, is associated with Texas, and they've modified it significantly to make it their own.

Ditto. The first time I saw that logo my thought was, "the Oilers are back?"

You're probably right that since no current NFL team is using it and it might be tough to copyright an oil derrick that they decided it wasn't worth the time to sue but I am sure that they at least thought about it! Drooling

XFL WEEK 2

Results and Standings

New York Guardians @ DC Defenders
Dallas Renegades @ Los Angeles Wildcats
Tampa Bay Vipers @ Seattle Dragons
St. Louis Battlehawks @ Houston Roughnecks

monidaw1 - 6-2
MoonKnight1 - 5-3
lckfrick - 5-3
jbeeman85 - 5-3

Despite his lack of TV coverage it is BJ who jumps into the lead!

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 3:14:52 PM
Shop at My Store
XFL WEEK 3

Houston Roughnecks @ Tampa Bay Vipers
Dallas Renegades @ Seattle Dragons
DC Defenders @ Los Angeles Wildcats
New York Guardians @ St. Louis Battlehawks

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 3:15:40 PM
Shop at My Store
XFL WEEK 3

Houston Roughnecks
Seattle Dragons
DC Defenders
St. Louis Battlehawks

lcfrick
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 9:27:40 PM
Houston Roughnecks @ Tampa Bay Vipers
Dallas Renegades @ Seattle Dragons
DC Defenders @ Los Angeles Wildcats
New York Guardians @ St. Louis Battlehawks